Contract Situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

So It Is
Initiate

Re: Contract Situation

Post by So It Is »

Here's one.

How much doom and gloom would be lifted if Paddy was announced on a 2 year deal as Billy's replacement?

I think it'd be huge, and that supporters would lap it up.

There's also probably the same amount of chance of that happening as me being announced on a 2 year deal to play 10 tbf.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

So It Is wrote:Here's one.

How much doom and gloom would be lifted if Paddy was announced on a 2 year deal as Billy's replacement?

I think it'd be huge, and that supporters would lap it up.

There's also probably the same amount of chance of that happening as me being announced on a 2 year deal to play 10 tbf.
Can u kick?
horslips
Novice

Post by horslips »

Listed in the annual report under the heading of "Professional Game Board" are the following
S Best
M Boyd
DMF
Bryn
P Magee
D Millar
C Small
T Bowe
Petrie

Are these board members that have allowed the current shambles to develop? At present there is as much clarity around who exactly is in charge at Ulster Rugby as there is regarding the number of oul Boris's weans.

I didn't feel inclined to browse too much of said report but it is all too evident that the "blazers" are alive and well. Picture after picture of immaculate blazers all over the shop, I suppose it has always been so and will forever be the case
STO SURSUM PRO ULSTERMEN
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

horslips wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:33 pm Listed in the annual report under the heading of "Professional Game Board" are the following
S Best
M Boyd
DMF
Bryn
P Magee
D Millar
C Small
T Bowe
Petrie

Are these board members that have allowed the current shambles to develop? At present there is as much clarity around who exactly is in charge at Ulster Rugby as there is regarding the number of oul Boris's weans.

I didn't feel inclined to browse too much of said report but it is all too evident that the "blazers" are alive and well. Picture after picture of immaculate blazers all over the shop, I suppose it has always been so and will forever be the case
I saw that myself and wondered how it could function. Not a fan of committees at all, add to that that some of these are actual employees of UR and others 'just' volunteers, how on earth can that work! Who is accountable for what, just so weird.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Lurgan Lad wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:50 pm
horslips wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:33 pm Listed in the annual report under the heading of "Professional Game Board" are the following
S Best
M Boyd
DMF
Bryn
P Magee
D Millar
C Small
T Bowe
Petrie

I saw that myself and wondered how it could function. Not a fan of committees at all, add to that that some of these are actual employees of UR and others 'just' volunteers, how on earth can that work! Who is accountable for what, just so weird.
I've said it for a long time. Most of the committees at Ulster Rugby should be disbanded. There are too many people involved whose sole qualification is that they have sat on a committee for 30 years.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

What's Tommy Bowe doing there?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
TheBoat
Novice

Post by TheBoat »

Dave wrote:What's Tommy Bowe doing there?
And Simon Best

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

NoPayneNoGain
Novice

Post by NoPayneNoGain »

Well... The board could look a bit different as could the team if this is to be believed
Attachments
IMG-20240202-WA0019.jpg
IMG-20240202-WA0019.jpg (70.5 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

NoPayneNoGain wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:31 pm Well... The board could look a bit different as could the team if this is to be believed
Marshall's deal is up in the Summer, Addison signed a new deal with unknown length ahead of the 2022/23 season. Possible those two move on. Would be surprised re Ewers, he only signed last Summer.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Big upheaval what about McF?!
horslips
Novice

Post by horslips »

Dave wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:54 am What's Tommy Bowe doing there?
I understand its Tommy's da
STO SURSUM PRO ULSTERMEN
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Neill_M wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:36 pm
NoPayneNoGain wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:31 pm Well... The board could look a bit different as could the team if this is to be believed
Marshall's deal is up in the Summer, Addison signed a new deal with unknown length ahead of the 2022/23 season. Possible those two move on. Would be surprised re Ewers, he only signed last Summer.
The irony that Luke has been one of the few warriors for Ulster.. unlike a few I could name in the squad. He adds spine to our midfield
Exterminate all rational thought
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Ewers signed a 2yr deal, can’t see him leaving unless he wanted to leave. Petrie may well be sniffing getting back to Scotland. I think there’ll be serious consideration now given to recontracting players. Surprised re Marshall but maybe time for postlewaite to push through.

As much as the coaching tkt needs replacing, the squad does need an over haul too.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

The biggest question to me in the Annual Report is with regards to grant income, it was £4.6m made up of CVC £2.2m and IRFU £2.4m. Given we made a loss of £900k and this is the last year of the CVC income, how much do we need to cut spending by? On the assumption that £600k of the loss was due to pitchgate, are we having to cut spending by something like £2.5m or will the IRFU make up a some of the grant income? The other provinces should be similarly affected unless grant income has a strong relationship with Ireland representation.
Also think it is crazy to make the decision to go with one of Petrie and Cunningham now, we could have sacked at least one of them due to pitchgate at the time. Unless Petrie is leaving of his own volition I'm guessing we would have to pay him something to get rid of him.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Dharper wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:30 am Ewers signed a 2yr deal, can’t see him leaving unless he wanted to leave. Petrie may well be sniffing getting back to Scotland. I think there’ll be serious consideration now given to recontracting players. Surprised re Marshall but maybe time for postlewaite to push through.

As much as the coaching tkt needs replacing, the squad does need an over haul too.
Postlethwaite has showed little so far imo
Exterminate all rational thought