Contract Situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

horslips
Novice

Re: Contract Situation

Post by horslips »

Well what about stringing together a theory which may or may not be conspirational.
Nucifiora departing and DH is inbound. DH is still and always be an Ulsterman. SO in the current handover period DN and DH meet, the latter being briefed by the former and DH begins to assemble his strategic plans. One item from the inbox is the basket case that is UR and its abject failure to contribute to project Ireland. A clearing of the deadwood and junk that has been signed would allow the movement of developing players from all provinces, ensuring a more even spread and improved game time opportunity. DH through his Ulster glass will have a good idea where to look for issues. Perhaps he might just start off pitch with the committees and branch men that, as others have just said, have been there for years. Who knows there might even be a few old scores to settle.
Two weeks ago we saw a new low for Ulster - I really hope that will spark some action
STO SURSUM PRO ULSTERMEN
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

You’d have to say DH would be in a very strong position, to carte Blanche anything to do with UR.

UR has been mismanaged, and in no position of strength to not go along with anything DH suggests. Make no mistake no UR representation in an Ire 23 is an absolute disgrace. When it was mentioned and spoken about on itv it’s an embarrassing spotlight on UR.

The non recontracting of players is inevitable with this level of inconsistency and mediocrity. The coaching tkt will drop off contract, with the exception of Bell who may well be sacked.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Nuciwank is enacting the final solution for Ulster.

We will all be watching ice hockey soon.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

They’re nearly as bad as Ulster at the minute.

Went to my first basketball game tonight.

The action is a bit samey but you didn’t have to queue 20 minutes for a beer. Or any minutes really.
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

There's always the Irish League . . .
DodgyEverything
Novice

Post by DodgyEverything »

Neill_M wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:59 pm
jean valjean wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:15 pm
Neill_M wrote:
jean valjean wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:09 pm What is the status of Jason Jenkins after this season? Is he moving on?
His contract is up, being replaced by Snyman.
Any word on where he going? Wouldn't be holding anyone back at ulster.
Not heard anything, a return to South Africa and going to Japan possible.
Believe he's signed with the Sharks
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

The IRFU also did ulster a favour by giving a central contract to Ireland's (now) 4th choice lock.
Given the limited number of contracts both Hendy and Murray are clear outliers
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Bart S wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:39 pm The IRFU also did ulster a favour by giving a central contract to Ireland's (now) 4th choice lock.
Okay, let the IRFU pay the wages if the Leinster 1st XV then?

That’s the way things are going.
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

Big-al wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:39 pm
Bart S wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:39 pm The IRFU also did ulster a favour by giving a central contract to Ireland's (now) 4th choice lock.
Okay, let the IRFU pay the wages if the Leinster 1st XV then?

That’s the way things are going.
Through merit it must be said.

If our youth development programme is capable of only producing 1 forward worth a central contract every decade (and the outlook ain't bright for that to change), then we deserve everything that we get, ie. Nothing.
Sue Dename
Novice

Post by Sue Dename »

Jetstream wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:36 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:39 pm
Lurgan Lad wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:33 pm
horslips wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:01 pm While not absolving Petrie I think we need to look at quite a few others From looking at the articles of association for UR it seems that the Professional Game Board ultimately reports, or at least is under the supervision, of the Management Committee
Management Committee

Chairman P Terrington, President D Gardiner, M Boyd, G Irwin, CW Watson, J McKibbin, E Graham, L Rocke, P Stewart, P Hart, J Petrie.

In total 19 blazers on both ( Petrie sits on both commiittees). I really cannot see how the lack of oversight and scrutiny has been allowed to develop and ultimately lead to the current financial mess. You would have though that there might have been one or two members that might have raised concerns. But I suppose if there are jollys, troughs to get you snout in and blazers to worn these things can happem
There is no way this is all due to the unexpected loss of income from one game. Are we really living that hand to mouth, where is any long term planning and contingency. Big budget NIQs should never have been considered if we were that close to the wire financially. It all suggests financial disfunction between Belfast and Dublin, and I wonder between Nucifora and Humph.

If not managed with a degree of competence we could be in a vicious cycle of reduced performance, less knockout games, falling attendances, reduced income.

As for the blazers, frankly anyone on a committee to do with the pro game should be on a full time contract, and if that means the majority of the committee is based in Dublin I would have no problem with that. It should also never have 11 people, utterly ridiculous.
Some of those names have been round UR for years.... How accountable are they really? Maybe that's the problem. They've presided over a shameful chapter of UR- and that's saying something
There are names on that list that appointed Shane Logan in 2009.
Who?
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Sue Dename wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:07 pm
Jetstream wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:36 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:39 pm
Lurgan Lad wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:33 pm
horslips wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:01 pm While not absolving Petrie I think we need to look at quite a few others From looking at the articles of association for UR it seems that the Professional Game Board ultimately reports, or at least is under the supervision, of the Management Committee
Management Committee

Chairman P Terrington, President D Gardiner, M Boyd, G Irwin, CW Watson, J McKibbin, E Graham, L Rocke, P Stewart, P Hart, J Petrie.

In total 19 blazers on both ( Petrie sits on both commiittees). I really cannot see how the lack of oversight and scrutiny has been allowed to develop and ultimately lead to the current financial mess. You would have though that there might have been one or two members that might have raised concerns. But I suppose if there are jollys, troughs to get you snout in and blazers to worn these things can happem
There is no way this is all due to the unexpected loss of income from one game. Are we really living that hand to mouth, where is any long term planning and contingency. Big budget NIQs should never have been considered if we were that close to the wire financially. It all suggests financial disfunction between Belfast and Dublin, and I wonder between Nucifora and Humph.

If not managed with a degree of competence we could be in a vicious cycle of reduced performance, less knockout games, falling attendances, reduced income.

As for the blazers, frankly anyone on a committee to do with the pro game should be on a full time contract, and if that means the majority of the committee is based in Dublin I would have no problem with that. It should also never have 11 people, utterly ridiculous.
Some of those names have been round UR for years.... How accountable are they really? Maybe that's the problem. They've presided over a shameful chapter of UR- and that's saying something
There are names on that list that appointed Shane Logan in 2009.
Who?
Cecil Watson for starters. He announced Logan's arrival.
horslips
Novice

Post by horslips »

In articles I see Cecil Watson's name appearing as far back as 2007. Loads of pictures of Cecil in his blazer as well!

In 2003 I saw "The Ulster side, coached by Allen Clarke and managed by Cecil Watson, " - is that the same guy.

Who exactly is he and how or why a 20+ year involvement?
STO SURSUM PRO ULSTERMEN
jacothelad
Novice

Post by jacothelad »

horslips wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:06 pm In articles I see Cecil Watson's name appearing as far back as 2007. Loads of pictures of Cecil in his blazer as well!

In 2003 I saw "The Ulster side, coached by Allen Clarke and managed by Cecil Watson, " - is that the same guy.

Who exactly is he and how or why a 20+ year involvement?
Watson is the father of Winker Watson of t.v. fame. He is a long time Ashton of Malone and his dead hand has been dragging Ulster down for decades. When the Provinces became professional, the other 3 immediately booted out the blazerati and installed professionals to run them. At Ulster, Watson and his crew announced that they would continue to run Ulster by committee. They often had nice overseas trips with the team and basically are anachronisms. They need to go.
Last edited by jacothelad on Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
horslips
Novice

Post by horslips »

Jaco

Thanks for that - very interesting indeed
STO SURSUM PRO ULSTERMEN
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Rugby has been professional now for almost 30 years, there is no excuse any more for amateurs to have oversight of professional teams.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND