Contract Situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Contract Situation

Post by justinr73 »

May or may not be true.

He’s under contract for another year.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Contract buyout?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jetstream wrote:Contract buyout?
UR could do with it.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
TheBoat
Novice

Post by TheBoat »

Should be on a central contract anyway.

I did chuckle at Ali getting motm for what was a mediocre performance being bested by North. Convenient, Bundee can do no wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

TheBoat wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:06 pm Should be on a central contract anyway.

I did chuckle at Ali getting motm for what was a mediocre performance being bested by North. Convenient, Bundee can do no wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Aki had a good game but Beirne was MOTM for me. Jagger looked wrecked and we lost impetus in scrum when he came on.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

McCloskey leaving would be absolutely disastrous for Ulster.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Would be sad to see him go but we got the best years out of him and he deserves a payday after being screwed over again and again by Ireland. Postlewaithe will hopefully step up. Makes getting rid of Marshall a bit premature though.
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

I would backtrack on my pronouncement that Marshall should go in the summer, if Stu leaves, as the side could certainly do with his experience.

Have we anyone apart from Postlewaithe coming through the academy that could step up next season? Jude had a pretty poor game against the hairsprays but I had liked what I'd seen of him prior to that.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

If Stu, Addison and Marshall go, centres would be Postlethwaite, Moore, Hume, Moxham.... Who else?

Stockdale to 13???

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

I think you are all underselling just how critical McCloskey is to Ulster. He is by far our most important back.

We always struggle when we don't have him to make the hard yards at 12.

Maybe Postlethwaite will get there but he's certainly not going to get there straight away.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

Stu should take the job and enjoy his last few years of rugby and add a few £££ to his post career fund.

He owes Ulster nothing, owes Ireland even less, with the next few years of 'rebuilding' ahead he'd be better out of it.

Bayonne, they live, eat breathe and bleed rugby down there - a cracking opportunity.
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

Dave wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:38 pm If Stu, Addison and Marshall go, centres would be Postlethwaite, Moore, Hume, Moxham.... Who else?

Stockdale to 13???
Moxham doesn't look to have the ability at wing imo, so putting him anywhere near a more technical position like centre would be a disaster.

The runny stuff will hit the fan if Stu leaves, a total disaster, but can't say he owes Ulster anything, so good on him and all the very best if he goes.

Looks like Tom Stewart will be our top try scorer again for the next few seasons :lol:
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

If he still has a year to go on his contract then this seems like disillusionment with the ulster set up.
Maybe he'll stay next season and see how things go.

Bayonne would equal nice weather, club and payday.
Trophy prospects probably lower than ulster's!
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

Bart S wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:28 pm If he still has a year to go on his contract then this seems like disillusionment with the ulster set up.
Maybe he'll stay next season and see how things go.

Bayonne would equal nice weather, club and payday.
Trophy prospects probably lower than ulster's!
Christ they must be sh!t :lol:
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

So It Is wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:57 pm
Dave wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:38 pm If Stu, Addison and Marshall go, centres would be Postlethwaite, Moore, Hume, Moxham.... Who else?

Stockdale to 13???
Moxham doesn't look to have the ability at wing imo, so putting him anywhere near a more technical position like centre would be a disaster.

The runny stuff will hit the fan if Stu leaves, a total disaster, but can't say he owes Ulster anything, so good on him and all the very best if he goes.

Looks like Tom Stewart will be our top try scorer again for the next few seasons :lol:
Moxham is a centre who has been forced to play wing. A big quick lump with good hands, and defence.... but sure he must be shoite cos hes been played out of position in fits and starts. a very good squad player.