Contract Situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

So It Is
Initiate

Re: Contract Situation

Post by So It Is »

Do you have some sort of personal connection to him nonplussed?

I can't say I've seen him do much of note when he's had a chance in an Ulster jersey in his 31 caps to date (according to Wiki).

I'm very happy to be proven wrong on this though, as we could certainly do with a big quick lump that has good hands and defence, when he's fit again next season.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

No personal connection, I just get annoyed at arbitrary statements regarding players, particularly young players, without knoweldge beyond the 5 minutes here and there for Ulster. There is a massive rugby pyramid below the pro game, where players have honed skills and experience etc... but unless they are BOD like when they arrive on the scene, especially when they have taken the non traditional route to the pro ranks, fans seem to be happy to dismiss... which is all a bit of poor form tbh.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

nonplussed wrote:
So It Is wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:57 pm
Dave wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:38 pm If Stu, Addison and Marshall go, centres would be Postlethwaite, Moore, Hume, Moxham.... Who else?

Stockdale to 13???
Moxham doesn't look to have the ability at wing imo, so putting him anywhere near a more technical position like centre would be a disaster.

The runny stuff will hit the fan if Stu leaves, a total disaster, but can't say he owes Ulster anything, so good on him and all the very best if he goes.

Looks like Tom Stewart will be our top try scorer again for the next few seasons Image
Moxham is a centre who has been forced to play wing. A big quick lump with good hands, and defence.... but sure he must be shoite cos hes been played out of position in fits and starts. a very good squad player.
My impression is that he was centre turned wing. I think all players need to be given some space to develop. With all the changes coming many squad or academy guys will be required to step up. I'm going to avoid criticism for any young player who has seemingly performed poorly recently or previously.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:28 pm
nonplussed wrote:
Dave wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:38 pm If Stu, Addison and Marshall go, centres would be Postlethwaite, Moore, Hume, Moxham.... Who else?

Stockdale to 13???
Moxham doesn't look to have the ability at wing imo, so putting him anywhere near a more technical position like centre would be a disaster.

The runny stuff will hit the fan if Stu leaves, a total disaster, but can't say he owes Ulster anything, so good on him and all the very best if he goes.

Looks like Tom Stewart will be our top try scorer again for the next few seasons Image
Moxham is a centre who has been forced to play wing. A big quick lump with good hands, and defence.... but sure he must be shoite cos hes been played out of position in fits and starts. a very good squad player.
My impression is that he was centre turned wing. I think all players need to be given some space to develop. With all the changes coming many squad or academy guys will be required to step up. I'm going to avoid criticism for any young player who has seemingly performed poorly recently or previously.
When does someone stop being classified as "young" for this purpose?

BTW - I agree with the general sentiment.
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

Hows Ian Whitten doing for Instonians this season?

Rob Lyttle bored of retirement yet?

Darren Cave fancy lacing up his boots again?

I wonder if Christian Leali'ifano missing the wonderful whaft of a full soda?

I'm doing Bryn's job for him here ffs.
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Dave wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:28 pm
nonplussed wrote:

Stockdale to 13???

He’s listed as a centre on the UR website, however I was under the same impression as you. Even when being released for AIL duty he still plays on the wing for Hinch.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:
When does someone stop being classified as "young" for this purpose?

BTW - I agree with the general sentiment.
25. 28 for props.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

So It Is wrote:Hows Ian Whitten doing for Instonians this season?

I think Rob Lyttle should be sounded to see if a change in coach might tempt him back.
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

Dave wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:42 pm I think Rob Lyttle should be sounded to see if a change in coach might tempt him back.
Definitely - cracking player and we look light on the wing going forward. Also hoping a change of coach might get Aaron Sexton stepping up.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

bangorboy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:55 pm Stu should take the job and enjoy his last few years of rugby and add a few £££ to his post career fund.

He owes Ulster nothing, owes Ireland even less, with the next few years of 'rebuilding' ahead he'd be better out of it.

Bayonne, they live, eat breathe and bleed rugby down there - a cracking opportunity.
Agreed Stu, sorry Bangorboy...

Joking aside, 100% correct- he owes FIRFU/ UR nathin'
Exterminate all rational thought
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

nonplussed wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:08 pm

Stockdale to 13???

Looks like Tom Stewart will be our top try scorer again for the next few seasons :lol:
TBF I've never seen it. Just like the new Messiah Postletwhaite..
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:

Stockdale to 13???

Looks like Tom Stewart will be our top try scorer again for the next few seasons :lol:
Postlewaite is class.

Moxham should never of had an academy contract never mind a full contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Dave wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:42 pm
So It Is wrote:Hows Ian Whitten doing for Instonians this season?

I think Rob Lyttle should be sounded to see if a change in coach might tempt him back.
Should never have been allowed to go- great little player and never let us down. No wonder he got pi#hed off with DF and UR
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

kingofthehill wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:53 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote:

Stockdale to 13???

Postlewaite is class.

I'll defer to you King on Postletwhaite.. however I've yet to see one of epiphany moments from him like we have with Moore, Lowry, PJ, SO etc when even as a cub we saw the latent talent surface. Maybe he needs a run at it. Is he inside centre primarily, or can he play 13 as well?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Contract Situation

Post by kingofthehill »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
kingofthehill wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:53 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote:

Postlewaite is class.

I'll defer to you King on Postletwhaite.. however I've yet to see one of epiphany moments from him like we have with Moore, Lowry, PJ, SO etc when even as a cub we saw the latent talent surface. Maybe he needs a run at it. Is he inside centre primarily, or can he play 13 as well?
Needs to stay injury free——simple.
12,13,wing or 15 but think his best position is 12.

The King is dead. Long live the King.