Stormers v Ulster Saturday March 30th 5:15pm Viaplay Sports

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Stormers v Ulster Saturday March 30th 5:15pm Viaplay Sports

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:07 pm
allezlesverres wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:47 am Have a very bad feeling about this game. Image Is it treasonous to bet the mortgage on Stormers to put a cricket score on us?
Nope.

I would just be careful how you define "cricket score" on the betting slip.
147-0 declared?
Would a snooker score be better?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Right on cue there, Dave
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:Right on cue there, Dave
I'm always in the pocket.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Team for Sat?

Mad Lad Herring Wilson
Treadwell Hendo
Sheridan Timotei McCann
Cooney
BB
RB McCloskey Hume Lowry
Moore

Bench:
AW TS TOT
Issy Marcus Rea/ Reffell
Doak McIroy Postlethwaite/ Marshall

All contingent on fitness.
Addison badly exposed although McIlroy has no pace either.
Considered starting Issy over Treadwell- he owes us a big game.
Exterminate all rational thought
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

My man on the ground in Cape Town is claiming that SK back to Stormers is a done deal.

However, he is also claiming that he has met a couple of fellas from (London)Derry on tour who are saying that I owe them some drinks from a day at the cricket in London.

At least one of these stories is untrue as I always stand my round, even if I send my wife to the bar to fetch it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Maybe we can keep McCloskey because we are flogging him and Ewers.
ElmoIsDead
Novice

Post by ElmoIsDead »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 pm Team for Sat?

Mad Lad Herring Wilson
Treadwell Hendo
Sheridan Timotei McCann
Cooney
BB
RB McCloskey Hume Lowry
Moore

Bench:
AW TS TOT
Issy Marcus Rea/ Reffell
Doak McIroy Postlethwaite/ Marshall

All contingent on fitness.
Addison badly exposed although McIlroy has no pace either.
Considered starting Issy over Treadwell- he owes us a big game.
Is BB not injured? He didn't look like a man that would be involved this week when he was helped off the pitch. Maybe a full roll of cellotape has been used. Flog him half to death for the rest of the season and send a quivering husk on a zimmer frame down to Turnipville. Good plan!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

DHL Stormers 23

15 Warrick Gelant, 14 Suleiman Hartzenberg, 13 Dan du Plessis, 12 Damian Willemse, 11 Leolin Zas, 10 Manie Libbok, 9 Paul de Wet, 8 Evan Roos, 7 Hacjivah Dayimani (50th DHL Stormers cap), 6 Willie Engelbrecht, 5 Ruben van Heerden, 4 Salmaan Moerat (captain), 3 Neethling Fouche, 2 Joseph Dweba, 1 Brok Harris.

Replacements: 16 JJ Kotze, 17 Leon Lyons, 18 Frans Malherbe, 19 Adre Smith, 20 Ben-Jason Dixon, 21 Marcel Theunissen, 22 Herschel Jantjies, 23 Ben Loader.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Serious Stormers team locked and loaded. An LBP will be a miracle.

No surprise SK may be off. Why would be stay?/ UR afford him?

I did say I'd rather have spent 2/3 of his feet on keeping 2 international props in Sutherland and JTA. SK has not been worth the £. Was he supposed to be a leader?

Given we didn't get any sort of transferable leadership skills from DVM who is now into a senior coaching role with the Bokke, we truly are a basketcase of poor off and on field decisions.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:Serious Stormers team locked and loaded. An LBP will be a miracle.

I did say I'd rather have spent 2/3 of his feet on keeping 2 international props in Sutherland and JTA. SK has not been worth the £. Was he supposed to be a leader?

Given we didn't get any sort of transferable leadership skills from DVM who is now into a senior coaching role with the Bokke, we truly are a basketcase of poor off and on field decisions.
Spot on CIman, one world cup winner isn't worth two reliable players. Keeping Sutherland and big Jeff would have been the smarter business.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ulster Rugby Interim Head Coach, Richie Murphy, has named his team for Ulster’s second match of the club’s South Africa tour, as they take on DHL Stormers in Round 13 of the BKT United Rugby Championship.

Ulster will be aiming to end their time in South Africa with a positive result, after suffering a 22-12 away defeat to the Sharks in Durban last weekend.

Club captain, Iain Henderson, misses out due to illness this week.

Hooker, Rob Herring will lead the side as captain in Cape Town.

Joining him in the front row, World Cup-winning Springbok, Steven Kitshoff, returns to the DHL Stadium to face his former team, and Tom O’Toole starts at tighthead prop.

The second row sees Harry Sheridan and Kieran Treadwell start as the lock pairing, a week after both men scored tries in Durban.

In the back row, Matty Rea, starts as the blindside flanker, with David McCann and Nick Timoney retaining their places in the team at openside flanker and eight from last weekend.

John Cooney starts at scrum-half and is joined by Nathan Doak at ten to form the half-back partnership.

Ethan McIlroy starts on the left wing, with Rob Baloucoune returning to the starting line-up at right wing.

Stuart McCloskey and James Hume retain their partnership in the centre positions, and Mike Lowry completes the backfield at full-back.

Tom Stewart, Andrew Warwick, Scott Wilson, Cormac Izuchukwu, Marcus Rea, Dave Shanahan, Jake Flannery, Stewart Moore provide the replacement options from the bench.

DHL Stormers v Ulster Rugby, Saturday 30 March, DHL Stadium, Round 13 BKT United Rugby Championship, KO: 5 15pm (live on Viaplay, URC.tv and BBC Radio Ulster).

(15-9) Mike Lowry, Rob Baloucoune, James Hume, Stuart McCloskey, Ethan McIlroy, Nathan Doak, John Cooney;

(1-8) Steven Kitshoff, Rob Herring(C), Tom O’Toole, Harry Sheridan, Kieran Treadwell, Matty Rea, David McCann, Nick Timoney.

Replacements: Tom Stewart, Andrew Warwick, Scott Wilson, Cormac Izuchukwu, Marcus Rea, Dave Shanahan, Jake Flannery, Stewart Moore
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Dave wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:01 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote:Serious Stormers team locked and loaded. An LBP will be a miracle.

Spot on CIman, one world cup winner isn't worth two reliable players. Keeping Sutherland and big Jeff would have been the smarter business.
Pretty unlikely we’d have been allowed to though, right?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Wasn’t long before the new bloke succumbed to Matty’s considerable charms then.

Jackman was saying this week that it wouldn’t be fair on anyone for us to start next season with Doak and Flannery as our 10s.

Gav Casey said if he was an Ulster fan he’d take to the streets….
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:11 pm
Dave wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:01 pm

Pretty unlikely we’d have been allowed to though, right?
Obviously the deal was cut with SK, but on reflection it's poor business regardless. The parlous finances only came to light after he'd been signed and the other two given the road presumably. Given TOT may be required to hold tackle bags for FIRFU, MM perpetually injured/ fat, Wilson a cub , and French/ yon other Tube Griffin?hopeless, then JTA at least would've been sensible. But hey ho
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Neill_M wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:01 pm Ulster Rugby Interim Head Coach, Richie Murphy, has named his team for Ulster’s second match of the club’s South Africa tour, as they take on DHL Stormers in Round 13 of the BKT United Rugby Championship.

Ulster will be aiming to end their time in South Africa with a positive result, after suffering a 22-12 away defeat to the Sharks in Durban last weekend.

This, Laadees, Gennlemens, and others, is the Noveau Realite

Club captain, Iain Henderson, misses out due to illness this week.

Hooker, Rob Herring will lead the side as captain in Cape Town.

Joining him in the front row, World Cup-winning Springbok, Steven Kitshoff, returns to the DHL Stadium to face his former team, and Tom O’Toole starts at tighthead prop.

The second row sees Harry Sheridan and Kieran Treadwell start as the lock pairing, a week after both men scored tries in Durban.

In the back row, Matty Rea, starts as the blindside flanker, with David McCann and Nick Timoney retaining their places in the team at openside flanker and eight from last weekend.

John Cooney starts at scrum-half and is joined by Nathan Doak at ten to form the half-back partnership.

Ethan McIlroy starts on the left wing, with Rob Baloucoune returning to the starting line-up at right wing.

Stuart McCloskey and James Hume retain their partnership in the centre positions, and Mike Lowry completes the backfield at full-back.

Tom Stewart, Andrew Warwick, Scott Wilson, Cormac Izuchukwu, Marcus Rea, Dave Shanahan, Jake Flannery, Stewart Moore provide the replacement options from the bench.

DHL Stormers v Ulster Rugby, Saturday 30 March, DHL Stadium, Round 13 BKT United Rugby Championship, KO: 5 15pm (live on Viaplay, URC.tv and BBC Radio Ulster).

(15-9) Mike Lowry, Rob Baloucoune, James Hume, Stuart McCloskey, Ethan McIlroy, Nathan Doak, John Cooney;

(1-8) Steven Kitshoff, Rob Herring(C), Tom O’Toole, Harry Sheridan, Kieran Treadwell, Matty Rea, David McCann, Nick Timoney.

Replacements: Tom Stewart, Andrew Warwick, Scott Wilson, Cormac Izuchukwu, Marcus Rea, Dave Shanahan, Jake Flannery, Stewart Moore
Hendo sick, Moore on the bench.... Matty Rea WTAF :scratch: :lol: >jawdrop
TOT to reprise his Top Gun role
Murphy out :party:

This, Ladies, Gennlemens, and Les autres, is the Realite Nouvelle
Last edited by CIMANFOREVER on Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.