TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by justinr73 »

Ben Murphy to Ulster is not an especially imaginative rumour for Twitter weirdos who enjoy making things up.

I’d also heard mention of him going to Connacht, by Jackman iirc. They’ve just promoted a lad from the Academy though. Presumably, McDonald is coming back to us.

Babbling Brook additionally mentions rumours about Ed Byrne signing for Ulster. Surely we have enough comedians in the squad?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

kingofthehill wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am
Neill_M wrote:
kingofthehill wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:01 am
Neill_M wrote:
kingofthehill wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:42 am
Murray got one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is Murray's a CC? I read it was a topped up provincial one.
Maybe I picked it up wrong but thought it was a one year CC.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... -contract/

Conor Murray agrees to new one-year Munster and Ireland contract
Province recently offered contracts to be topped up by the IRFU to Murray and Ireland captain Peter O’Mahony

Dublin Media reporting JGP will get Murray's CC, Sheehan took O'Mahonys.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:03 am Ben Murphy to Ulster is not an especially imaginative rumour for Twitter weirdos who enjoy making things up.

I’d also heard mention of him going to Connacht, by Jackman iirc. They’ve just promoted a lad from the Academy though. Presumably, McDonald is coming back to us.

Babbling Brook additionally mentions rumours about Ed Byrne signing for Ulster. Surely we have enough comedians in the squad?
So Ben Murphy linked with Ulster, Munster and Connacht! Silly season in full swing.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

justinr73 wrote:Ben Murphy to Ulster is not an especially imaginative rumour for Twitter weirdos who enjoy making things up.

Ben Murphy is going to Connacht.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

kingofthehill wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:38 pm
justinr73 wrote:Ben Murphy to Ulster is not an especially imaginative rumour for Twitter weirdos who enjoy making things up.

So what is the scrum half situation next season at Ulster, Cooney, Doak (apparently will play 10 more), McKee, Shanners? McDonald? AN OTHER?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by kingofthehill »

Neill_M wrote:

So what is the scrum half situation next season at Ulster, Cooney, Doak (apparently will play 10 more), McKee, Shanners? McDonald? AN OTHER?
ImageImageyour guess is as good as mine.

allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

Even for a province with the chequered NIQ signing history that Ulster have, Cruden would be an awful signing.
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

kingofthehill wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:44 pm
Neill_M wrote:

ImageImageyour guess is as good as mine.

Had heard Shanners was gone, then heard he was staying. Also heard that Ulster might have been looking at the Bann 9 who’s from NZ to bring him into pre season, but I assume that’s dead in the water with Shanahan seemingly staying.

Doak wants to play 9.
RuPi
Initiate

Post by RuPi »

Shanners is apparently staying for another year and McDonald is moving back so that leaves us with four senior contracted 9’s plus Doak.

The Bann 9 I presume who you mean is Jack Hart, South African with a UK passport, played 10 majority of the year for Bann. Would be madness to bring him in but not beyond the realms of possibility with Ulster.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

mid ulster maestro wrote:
Dave wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:56 pm These rumours are too funny. With our health care CEO are we renaming the family stand as ward 12?
Maybe it should be renamed 'Emergency Ward 10' Dave. Another one for our older viewers.
It's lost on me, mum. Given the average of the board, I'm only a nipper.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

RuPi wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:36 pm Shanners is apparently staying for another year and McDonald is moving back so that leaves us with four senior contracted 9’s plus Doak.

The Bann 9 I presume who you mean is Jack Hart, South African with a UK passport, played 10 majority of the year for Bann. Would be madness to bring him in but not beyond the realms of possibility with Ulster.
Yes that’s him, didn’t realise he was from SA. They have form for bringing in AIL players with Shea O’Brien getting a go too. That was a few months back so maybe not happening anymore

If they had any sense ROD wouldn’t be playing for Instonians at all.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

UlsterAreBrill wrote:
RuPi wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:36 pm Shanners is apparently staying for another year and McDonald is moving back so that leaves us with four senior contracted 9’s plus Doak.

Yes that’s him, didn’t realise he was from SA. They have form for bringing in AIL players with Shea O’Brien getting a go too. That was a few months back so maybe not happening anymore

If they had any sense ROD wouldn’t be playing for Instonians at all.
Unfortunately he missed the boat,too long out of regular rugby (skills sessions etc) now.

Kieran Campbell should never be forgiven in picking Jonny Stewart ahead of arguably the most talented schoolboy 9 in ulster ever.

It should haunt ulster rugby for a long time that decision.

Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Read that the Bel Tel quoting victor matfield by saying Pienaar could come to Ulster in a coaching capacity.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Big-al wrote:Read that the Bel Tel quoting victor matfield by saying Pienaar could come to Ulster in a coaching capacity.
Kicking/skills coach at Leinster

shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

kingofthehill wrote:
Big-al wrote:Read that the Bel Tel quoting victor matfield by saying Pienaar could come to Ulster in a coaching capacity.
Kicking/skills coach at Leinster

What?!

Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten