Help us

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

John_e_boy
Squire

Help us

Post by John_e_boy »

I guess: Munster abu?
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Re: Help us

Post by Big-al »

Yep, we won’t be catching Munster, but we’re in direct competition with Edinburgh.
John_e_boy
Squire

Post by John_e_boy »

Conor Murray: why is thon eejit anywhere near a field?
Sir Ivor
Novice

Post by Sir Ivor »

What a lousy ref.
John_e_boy
Squire

Post by John_e_boy »

Decent result.

That's all I have to say.
Bewlay Bros
Novice

Post by Bewlay Bros »

Must be nice to be able to trot out RG Snyman when you’re under the pump
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Last try was a bit of a home decision. That losing bonus point could be vital next week.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Benetton hosting Edinburgh in Round 18 is handy from an Ulster pov. Those two sides could be fighting for one spot to cover the Sharks winning the Challenge Cup.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Some rather debatable decisions in that game. Very partisan home support in that they booed Munster on to the pitch which is unpleasant and unnecessary. Result was in doubt the whole way. A pity about Edinburgh getting a bonus point. I'm not optimistic about Ulster's prospects of finishing 7th or 8th.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

for dog and ulcer wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:51 pm Some rather debatable decisions in that game. Very partisan home support in that they booed Munster on to the pitch which is unpleasant and unnecessary. Result was in doubt the whole way. A pity about Edinburgh getting a bonus point. I'm not optimistic about Ulster's prospects of finishing 7th or 8th.
Not just the Glasgow crowd which love to boo. I would fancy Ulster to do enough given the fixtures the other sides have.

Connacht v Stormers, Lions v Glasgow, Bulls v Benetton tomorrow

Round 18

Leinster v Connacht, Stormers v Lions, Benetton v Edinburgh.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Disgraceful to hear any team booed on to the pitch. Scottish Rugby support seems to be moving rapidly in the direction of football.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Neill_M wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:18 pm
for dog and ulcer wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:51 pm Some rather debatable decisions in that game. Very partisan home support in that they booed Munster on to the pitch which is unpleasant and unnecessary. Result was in doubt the whole way. A pity about Edinburgh getting a bonus point. I'm not optimistic about Ulster's prospects of finishing 7th or 8th.
Not just the Glasgow crowd which love to boo. I would fancy Ulster to do enough given the fixtures the other sides have.

Connacht v Stormers, Lions v Glasgow, Bulls v Benetton tomorrow

Round 18

Leinster v Connacht, Stormers v Lions, Benetton v Edinburgh.
Glasgow much worse; they bring a Rangers/ Celtic vibe when Ulster play. Nasty.
Exterminate all rational thought
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Personally I feel that Munster pack is currently much superior to ours bereft of Hendo. They don't get buried. They've also got into a winning mentality. Rowntree done a cracking job. They'll contend Europe next year.

I can't see us get anything in Turnipstan. An LBP would be an achievement. A great metric of where cubs like Wilson, Sheridan, McCann and Issy are versus Ahern, Coombes and Kendellen. Ahern and Coombes have the conditioning our young players have traditionally lacked; I'd love to Wilson come back to preseason ripped.
Exterminate all rational thought
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

Think embra fans will feel hard done by the ref made some extremely controversial calls. But thank you munster our route to qualification looks a bit easier now. We have a good shot at 7th behind whichever wins the benetton v embra game.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Bewlay Bros wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:38 pm Must be nice to be able to trot out RG Snyman when you’re under the pump
Need to be careful with luxuries like that, if they seem too nice then Leinster will decide they want them.