Slush fund?

A forum to discuss all things rugby on the Southern Hemisphere leagues.

Moderator: Moderators

browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Slush fund?

Post by browner »

Western Force chief executive Peter O'Meara has rejected claims that the franchise used secret third-party payments to woo high-profile players into joining the Super 14 club.

A Sydney newspaper reported that tens of thousands of dollars in additional payments were made to players like Matt Giteau by a third party involving the Force, thereby breaching Australian Rugby Union (ARU) protocols.

But Mr O'Meara said the club had always adhered to the ARU's policy and maintained that the allegations were false and unsubstantiated.

"We've complied with all the contracting protocols that are outlined by the ARU and we stand by the fact we brought players here successfully to Western Australia, but we've always abided by the rules," O'Meara said.

O'Meara invited the newspaper, which claimed to have obtained information of the secret payments, to produce any documentation.

"That's a mystery to us. We've asked for that information, they haven't provided it.

"We'd be very interested in actually seeing that data, if it exists, and happy to answer any inquiries in relation to that."

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200705/s1934148.htm
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Cobber
Novice

Post by Cobber »

I think it's an eastern states conspiracy against our fledgling team and all associated with it! Peter O'Meara is a likely candidate to take the top job at the ARU and I reckon people are just trying to discredit him.

Also there are a lot of sour grapes over the Force's recruiting in 2006 - we came last! imagine the bloodbath if the Force hadn't recruited any top players!

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't following me!
15 Positions, 80 Minutes
:D