Leicester v Ulster January

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Leicester v Ulster January

Post by BR »

Russ wrote:
BR wrote:
LegsLikeSausages wrote:Any thoughts on pre-match pubs?

Two other matches to watch that day...
Very few pubs have sky. Slug and lettuce was one of the few last time.
Slug and lettuce shall be the meeting point then!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Swan and Rushes is a nice pub close to the ground, but doesn't (didn't) have sky. Some people recommended 'the Lansdowne'. (?? Need to check that) for watching the TV, but I never made it that far. Match day experience in Leicester is not the best, if it were me, I'd forgo a bit of the tele and head to Welford Rd for opening time.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:
Russ wrote:
BR wrote:

Swan and Rushes is a nice pub close to the ground, but doesn't (didn't) have sky. Some people recommended 'the Lansdowne'. (?? Need to check that) for watching the TV, but I never made it that far. Match day experience in Leicester is not the best, if it were me, I'd forgo a bit of the tele and head to Welford Rd for opening time.
Of course. We want to take over their terrace.

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Russ wrote:
BR wrote:
Russ wrote:
BR wrote:

Good luck with that.

I was thinking more of the bars in the ground being largely better than the ones in town.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:
Russ wrote:
BR wrote:
Russ wrote:
BR wrote: Very few pubs have sky. Slug and lettuce was one of the few last time.

Good luck with that.

I was thinking more of the bars in the ground being largely better than the ones in town.
Cant do it.on my own. My fleg doesnt eve have a pole

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote: Match day experience in Leicester is not the best, if it were me, I'd forgo a bit of the tele and head to Welford Rd for opening time.
Some of us are hitting Leicester very early - d'ye think they'd open WR for 10:30? :lol: :stout:

Problem with Leicester sports bars on a Saturday afternoon is Premiership soccer. Pakiston v Sri Lanka in Sharjah may also have a bit of a following in the most ethnically diverse city in England.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

As mentioned above, very few pubs in Leicester have Sky. Last time Slug & Lettuce was used, there is also a Walkabout which would have Sky and an O'Neills as well - all chain pubs. The local real ale type pubs don't have Sky. Swan & Rushes and the Bricklayers Arms are walking distance to the ground and will probably be very popular on the Sat.

Last time was in the ground in good time and it had the previous heineken match on in the bar I was in before the game. The H&B terrace fills up very quickly. Guessing that the ground opens 2hrs before ko?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neill_M wrote: Last time was in the ground in good time and it had the previous heineken match on in the bar I was in before the game. The H&B terrace fills up very quickly. Guessing that the ground opens 2hrs before ko?

My plan precisely, don't understand why SKY don't offer to put other matches on big screens, would be a winner for the club's I suspect.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:My plan precisely, don't understand why SKY don't offer to put other matches on big screens, would be a winner for the club's I suspect.
maybe BT have offered to do that ..... >EW
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Yorkshire_UR_Lad
Novice

Post by Yorkshire_UR_Lad »

Me and the old man are travelling down from Yorkshire. We've got HB Terrace tickets and were staying at the Fosse Park Premier Inn. Have we figured out where most people will be going to drink pre match? We'd love to meet up and get right into the atmosphere.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

BR wrote:
Russ wrote:
BR wrote:
Russ wrote:
BR wrote: Very few pubs have sky. Slug and lettuce was one of the few last time.

Good luck with that.

That's a fair point BR, the bar under their big stand was pretty good last time & they had a band on if memory serves me right.

We opted for O'Neills in the town beforehand and it was bunged.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Plan is

Train - few tinnies and a fleg in the window
Travel lodge - check in at 3

Walk to near bar - pints

Singing by 4.45 on the terrace
drumquinandy
Novice

Post by drumquinandy »

8 here also in Travelodge. No check in till 3??! Half of us will be goosed by then. We arrive in town at 11am! Hopefully theres a watering hole nearby the 'lodge'.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Russ wrote:Plan is

Walk to near bar - pints

Is it legal to drink on the trains, just I don't want a thread by some on here complaining about fellow fans, enjoying themselves :duck:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Kofi Annan wrote:

Walk to near bar - pints

Is it legal to drink on the trains, just I don't want a thread by some on here complaining about fellow fans, enjoying themselves :duck:

Yes. They even serve tinnies on the trains! Whole other world the big island

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Russ wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:

Walk to near bar - pints

Yes. They even serve tinnies on the trains! Whole other world the big island

Next you will be saying weemen are driving cars ffs
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”