Sam Windsor signs for Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Re: Sam Windsor signs for Ulster

Post by thecrouch »

rumncoke wrote:It all depends what you want from your out half - and the opposition - if you want to kick the ball all afternoon Paddy may not be the best but if you want the ball wide fast Paddy is the second in line every time both Madigan and Keatley will have the backs running across the pitch because both are first and foremost kicking out halves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Madigan is terrible at kicking from hand. He's worse at it than PJ.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

thecrouch wrote:
rumncoke wrote:It all depends what you want from your out half - and the opposition - if you want to kick the ball all afternoon Paddy may not be the best but if you want the ball wide fast Paddy is the second in line every time both Madigan and Keatley will have the backs running across the pitch because both are first and foremost kicking out halves.

Madigan is terrible at kicking from hand. He's worse at it than PJ.
Because he is a showpony
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Madigan is a better kicker in that Madigan kicks longer and into space thus defenders have less time to angle their kick return .

Madigan runs laterally more often before passing denying players outside him space and his passes are not well timed .
Keatley is a poor mans Madigan and was released by Leinster because they had Sexton and Madigan who if he was a rounded out half would be the out half of choice at Leinster .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Madigan is a better kicker in that Madigan kicks longer and into space thus defenders have less time to angle their kick return .

Madigan runs laterally more often before passing denying players outside him space and his passes are not well timed .
Keatley is a poor mans Madigan and was released by Leinster because they had Sexton and Madigan who if he was a rounded out half would be the out half of choice at Leinster .

I believe everyone should unblock Rum'n, look he is trying complete sentences punctuation and all plus a new feature, paragraphs.

Whilst not everyone may agree with the content, it is clearly intelligible.

Good man Rummie, God loves a trier ...............allegedly. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Many an out half has had a kicking but there are out halves who are better kickers of the ball and there are those who can inspire the players outside by a well timed pass . RoG was a kicking out half who ensure the forwards were playing in the opposition half . Unfortunately Paddy's kicking does not give that assurance but he is the best timer of a pass to supporting players .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Goal kicking will come into the equation too surely? Paddy's never inspires me with confidence. I'm saying it through gritted teeth but Mads is more consistent in that area.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

Funny, I always think that Mads kicks well with Leinster but when he plays for Ireland his kicking does not look that great.