Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Lions Tour of NZ 2017

Post by Dave »

bazzaj wrote:
Dave wrote:Where have you been?
Out and about big Dave enjoying the hot climate.
Did you miss me?
Was worried. No Bazza​, on the week before the first test!
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Be watching this from behind the sofa methinks.

Gonna go one of two ways, either a close tight game that could go either way, or a kiwi riot with them winning by record margins. Im not sure which, but if its the latter it will make for a very long series!
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Dave wrote:
bazzaj wrote:
Dave wrote:Where have you been?
Out and about big Dave enjoying the hot climate.
Did you miss me?
Was worried. No Bazza​, on the week before the first test!
I know Dave no time to go Mia.
Back in the ball game now!
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Very considered post for you young Jizzbag. I doff my cap for a change.

I accept I may be the only one considering Filthy Liam a pretty reckless gamble that could blow things.

I also find it laughable Snipe that think Farrell is in Halfnupe's class as a kicker. He has already missed more than Halfnupe and Sexton combined , two if which were gifts for a top class kicker.
This is down to the English media talking-up all the goals that Farrell kicks, but simply ignoring the ones he misses. Overall he is about as reliable as Sexton off the tee, but not as good a tactical kicker. Sexton is also faster and at least as good a defender (again- Farrell's missed tackles are just ignored by the pundits). I would still rate Sexton as the better all-round FH. But then, I would have George Ford, who just played two outstanding games against a hard Argie team, ahead of Farrell too.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Farrell is very highly rated Spiffers possibly one of the few Lions players that were in the sh.
I think Ford would have acted as a turnstile in New Zealand and Farrell has outperformed Sexton this season so deserved the start in his favoured position.
Now he's got to back it up.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

bazzaj wrote:Farrell is very highly rated Spiffers possibly one of the few Lions players that were in the sh.
I think Ford would have acted as a turnstile in New Zealand and Farrell has outperformed Sexton this season so deserved the start in his favoured position.
This what everyone says, but they are not watching him closely. Simply because George Ford is a small man he is rated a poor defender. I think he actually misses fewer tackles than Farrell (but I don't have stats at hand, though I do see Farrell miss a few per game). He does not make spectacular hits but generally stops his man. Did you see him play the last two games against the Argies? His defensive reputation is unfair - a bit like Keith Earls, also a small man but decent defender.

Re. Farrell, the ace goal kicker - on tour he has kicked 5 from 8. A strike rate of 62.5%. Halfpenny is running at 100%. Don't know Sexton's figures.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Spiffsson wrote:
bazzaj wrote:Farrell is very highly rated Spiffers possibly one of the few Lions players that were in the sh.
This what everyone says, but they are not watching him closely. Simply because George Ford is a small man he is rated a poor defender. I think he actually misses fewer tackles than Farrell (but I don't have stats at hand, though I do see Farrell miss a few per game). He does not make spectacular hits but generally stops his man. Did you see him play the last two games against the Argies? His defensive reputation is unfair - a bit like Keith Earls, also a small man but decent defender.

Re. Farrell, the ace goal kicker - on tour he has kicked 5 from 8. A strike rate of 62.5%. Halfpenny is running at 100%. Don't know Sexton's figures.

Sexton's rate is 50%
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Paddy Jackson has also outperformed Sexton this year and at international level Paddy's kicking stats have been absolutely remarkable. Between injury and bad form Sexton is a lucky man to be on the tour.

I just hope Farrell has one of those days I so delight in when he looks all gurny as if about to cry. In summary safe to say I hate his guts and wish him a disastrous performance. I'll not go so far as to hope he breaks his leg, that is just poor form, however if it happened......... well, I wouldn't cry over it. Don't like the way he plays, cheapshit merchants make my rage get out of kilter.

As for Sexton, is this his BOD moment, the time when everyone sees the best is in the past? He's had a woeful season.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Paddy Jackson has also outperformed Sexton this year and at international level Paddy's kicking stats have been absolutely remarkable. Between injury and bad form Sexton is a lucky man to be on the tour.

I just hope Farrell has one of those days I so delight in when he looks all gurny as if about to cry. In summary safe to say I hate his guts and wish him a disastrous performance. I'll not go so far as to hope he breaks his leg, that is just poor form, however if it happened......... well, I wouldn't cry over it. Don't like the way he plays, cheapshit merchants make my rage get out of kilter.

As for Sexton, is this his BOD moment, the time when everyone sees the best is in the past? He's had a woeful season.
All things being equal (aye I know), Paddy will be Ireland's 10 this season and with a fair wind, touring with the Lions in 4 years.
The latter should happen, the former will not.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Sexto's stats have been poor since 2015, so they have been deleted. PJ will be dropped for Carberry unless he starts missing a few.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:Sexto's stats have been poor since 2015, so they have been deleted. PJ will be dropped for Carberry unless he starts missing a few.
That would be the ultimate insult. Carberry isn't remotely close to being an international 10 yet.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:Sexto's stats have been poor since 2015, so they have been deleted. PJ will be dropped for Carberry unless he starts missing a few.
That would be the ultimate insult. Carberry isn't remotely close to being an international 10 yet.
He's a family friend of the Schmidt's.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Ringpiece wants to kick

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

To be fair, Sexton was quite good in his last game for the Lions. I think he has a couple of big ones left in him yet.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Spiffsson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

To be fair, Sexton was quite good in his last game for the Lions. I think he has a couple of big ones left in him yet.
Sexton is still a very good player, but I think Paddy is now as good a player as him and is on a different trajectory.