Orange Hatefest 2015

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: Orange Hatefest 2015

Post by Kofi Annan »

Ah the" Bully " word, Cap' n do you agree with Carál that bad behaviour should not be rewarded? And the band should be barred from walking on that stretch of road again.

I am sure that members of St Patrick's Church appreciate your upgrade to Cathedral .
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Carol Cullen is almost as vile as Gerald Kelly
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Russ wrote:Carol Cullen is almost as vile as Gerald Kelly
Russ, now come on, planting a bomb , murdering people, killing tourists, shooting people in the face , is nowhere near as bad as a band playing a Christian hymn , and then tarring them all as bully's , behave yourself . Some people like to be current with their opinions , kinda go with what's current so they don't have to think for themselves..
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Do the IRA get special group rate tickets?

Does Carol get free?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Russ wrote:Do the IRA get special group rate tickets?

Does Carol get free?
I believe that she gets priority booking for SDC games, but this season that will hardly be a reward for her bad behaviour.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Kofi Annan wrote:Ah the" Bully " word,
It was just a typo on the word "Blues" >EW ..... but given their behaviour, it also seemed apt, so I left it in.
Kofi Annan wrote:Cap' n do you agree with Carál that bad behaviour should not be rewarded? And the band should be barred from walking on that stretch of road again.
I would rarely if ever agree with that woman. I certainly believe that the various so-called concerned residents groups in North Belfast and elsewhere have been rewarded for their bad behaviour in the past and that is not right either. However, I would think that if the OO want to retain or regain an respect, they should dispense with the services of The Finaghy True Blues. My criticism is reserved solely for that band, not the rest of the parade. Unfortunately the band's behaviour will be used to taint the whole parade.

BTW - I have no issues with them playing a hymn, but having seen the way they did it, the obvious taunting, their behaviour just after, and their "explanation" of their actions, it was very clear to anyone who saw it (apart from those who don't want to see) that this was a provocative action and not in keeping with the spirit of the hymn. Perhaps bullying is not the best description, but it's not far off. You are correct though that it is nowhere near the same as planting bombs, shooting people etc, but that doesn't mean it can be excused or ignored just because one lot ain't as bad as the other lot.
Kofi Annan wrote:I am sure that members of St Patrick's Church appreciate your upgrade to Cathedral .
I would doubt if they would even take it under their notice. Presumably whether it is a church or cathedral is up to the hierarchy of the RC church, not me, so my error - I assume I have made an error - is neither here nor there in the overall scheme of things. Personally I don't differentiate between a church, a chapel, a cathedral, a synagogue or a mosque in terms of any hierarchy. They are (to me) all simply places of worship and worthy of equal respect. For some that means a lot of respect, for others it means none, but for me equality is the important part. If I used the wrong term for the church/chapel whatever, I'm sorry, but it takes nothing away from my comments. As far as I'm concerned they can call it a church, chapel, cathedral or whatever, it makes no difference to me, I was simply calling by what I thought its title was but I'll not lose sleep if I was wrong on that part.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:.... if they were playing "How great thou art" I struggled to associate their shrill tuneless offering with the qune I know.

I'm not offended, I just slowly shake my sagely ould head and think............Orangebastards.
The tune was very obvioulsy the usual one associated with "How Great Thou Art". The style of playing it, with the drums getting louder as they passed the Church/chapel/cathe.... oops ..... less obviously in keeping with the norm.

As mentioned previously though, this band has now been, and will be, associated with the Orange Order unless The Order do something to disassociate themselves from the actions (and even then if it happens, for some that won't work).
I'm not arguing -
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote: I'm not offended, I just slowly shake my sagely ould head and think............Orangebastards.

Interesting bit from Mairia Cahill. Sinn Fein of course will think she is just trying to p1ss them off as they have thought about her since she first came to prominence. Not that I am saying there may not be an element of her wanting to do that in some of the things she has done. If there is it is probably understandable.

Assuming she is above board, which I am not certain of as I don't know her of course, she comes across pretty well here.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/comme ... 72188.html
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote: I'm not offended, I just slowly shake my sagely ould head and think............Orangebastards.

Interesting bit from Mairia Cahill. Sinn Fein of course will think she is just trying to p1ss them off as they have thought about her since she first came to prominence. Not that I am saying there may not be an element of her wanting to do that in some of the things she has done. If there is it is probably understandable.

Assuming she is above board, which I am not certain of as I don't know her of course, she comes across pretty well here.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/comme ... 72188.html
I don't know if she is playing straight here or not, but I can recognise what she says here, so am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. It's not that many years ago that her experience was the norm for many catholics/nationalists etc though. The Twelfth used to be a time of celebration for all - orange and green. I know many from "the other side" who adored not only the Twelfth but also going round the bonies on the eleventh night and having a ball. Sadly most are now "discouraged" by various "residents groupings" for political and other reasons, and a generation has now grown up who see these things as alien and to be feared rather than enjoyed as they once were.

I know only too well the hospitality that she undoubtedly received on the Shankill. The majority of people living there are the salt of the Earth - similar to many on the Falls Road. It's a pity many also don't realise they have so much in common with one another and more to unite them than to divide them. Sadly it is the divisive part which causes most extreme problems with inevitable consequences causing even more division.

What Mairia Cahill wrote there is very believable to me as I recognise it from my past, so I am quite willing to believe she is being up front here.
I'm not arguing -
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Go to a Moors and Christians festival in Spain to see how this sort of thing should be done.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Listening to the radio and reading todays media, both print and social

It seems if people know the truth, none speak or write it

Propaganda on all sides

Here's a nice solution

The evening parade passes with all followers
The protest is allowed to happen

The protestors will be kettled and the parade will be kettled

Restrictions on drum beats all signage and language are in place

Cameras will be trained to every person

One step out of line by any one person gets their whole side arrested and the entire community relocated

If a leylists steps out of line. No more parade and sanctioned benefits
If a pooplican steps out of line, no more benefits, and access to crumlin road removed. All shops bulldozed and new access made to antrim road only

Time for drastic measures
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

What?????????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: I know she's a ghastly munter, Shinnner equivalent in looks to Nissan McCausland, but has she blown shyte up or murdered anyone? Does she screw policemen in her spare time aka have a ride on a peeler jeep. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
What?????????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: I know she's a ghastly munter, Shinnner equivalent in looks to Nissan McCausland, but has she blown shyte up or murdered anyone? Does she screw policemen in her spare time aka have a ride on a peeler jeep. :D
I believe she may have been a bomber in a previous existence Baggy.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
I believe she may have been a bomber in a previous existence Baggy.
Oh really, missed that :duh: .........vile bitch.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
That's why I said almost