Kimble world??

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

There was a slight misprint in the recipe over there - I never mentioned K F C (honestly Rooster honestly)

I will forward my next culinary delight as soon as possible - poached brain of ballpark. Tis an easy one - there's nothing to it :twisted:
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Gary
Who did you poach it off?

I feel a "Spitting Image" type epic coming on along the lines of "The President's Brain is Missing"

CT
Thanks for the compliment, but I cannot take the credit - you will have noted above that Gary wrote the article (apparently)!
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Cap'n - Maybe like the News of the World do best Scoop would like to offer me an exclusive deal for my side of the story.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Nah Grumps, you can take the credit - I only explained how to cook Cockatrices. Or should that be "cockatricia" or maybe even "cocksatrice"?
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Gary
I thought THAT was what the article was! Therefore the credit is yours (apparently).

CT
That would run the risk of getting details - we can't afford to risk letting facts get in the way of a good story!

On the other hand, if you want to make us an offer to put our side of the story...........
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

CT

Sorry, that last message should have read:
"On the other hand, if you want to make us an offer to put your side of the story..........."

(or perhaps not)
the original kimble
Warrior Chief

Post by the original kimble »

Cockatrice the High Hat, (to dust off an old form of endearment),

I thought we had heard your side of the story - don't tell me there is yet more shock, horror and high dudgeon to come?

You really should consider the Cap’n's offer. He can be lower than a snakes belly sometimes, that man.

tok
Last edited by the original kimble on Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.
Anyway, the only difference between me and a madman is I’m not mad….I think…

www.ursc.co
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

TOK- Maybe you could point me to where anyone has heard my side of the story?

My comments were slightly tongue in cheek to the Cap'n in his involvement with Scoop which had covered several articles on the Stanleygate, Stanleyknife stories including a tasty little cook section on myself as well as a rather flattering photo of myself.
the original kimble
Warrior Chief

Cockatrice the Hesitant,

I heard that the guys up at Malone had heard that someone on the Cregagh Road had heard that someone at the Rosetta Bar knew a guy who used to be on the URSC committee who had overheard someone on a Number 32 bus talking about your side of the story. But then, you know me, always behind the Times.

tok
It's more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

www.ursc.co
Tighthead Prod
Novice

Post by Tighthead Prod »

Greetings CT - As you would be aware, the FRU is a ''Broad Church'' - not only in terms of our girths but also in welcoming people of diifering or indeed ''daft views'' (cf Dead Ball ), therefore feel free to post the truth - as you see it - on the site.

Regards THP

ps - It'll not cost you anything beyond a free breakfast - haven't had a good fry since Bewleys closed !!
the original kimble
Warrior Chief

CT: You want answers?

THP: I think I'm entitled.

CT: You want answers?

THP: I want the truth.

CT: You can't handle the truth.

tok

www.ursc.co
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

TOK - A rather surprising way to have heard 'my side' which undoubtedly had everyone from Malone, the Cregagh & the Rosetta add their little bit for good measure.

How did that version compare to my letter of resignation?
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I don't want to answer for anyone else, CT, but there is a rumour going round that the two versions were very similar.

Mind you, the rumour also said the letter was delivered by a bus driver rather than the postman, which I thought very strange.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Cap'n - I'm sure TOK can confirm whether they are similar or not. Also the letter ws delivered by my hand and as I am not a bus driver that rumour at least is clearly misleading.
Tighthead Prod
Novice

Post by Tighthead Prod »

CT - Disregard TOK's ramblings. I have never asked on any forum for any explanation of '' Real'' URSC Committee matters.

All I was offering you was a vehicle - other than through the passengers on the bus ''up the Craigee Road'' for you to air your views if you felt you had been misrepresented IN SCOOP !! and let's face it who has n't been misrepresented in that scurillous organ

Regards Thp
http://www.thefru.co.uk Valiant for Truth Justice and the Ulster Way.