Treviso Away Heineken Cup

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: Treviso Away Heineken Cup

Post by Kofi Annan »

Surrey Red Hand wrote:
twiglet wrote:What's the best way to get from Venice(Marco Polo) airport to Treviso?

Tbh it's much easier to fly to Treviso and do Venice as a day trip BUT if you have already booked to Marco Polo ...

Train runs from Venice to Treviso (take approx 25/30 mins)

OR I believe there is a bus runs from Marco Polo to Treviso .. .check this site out ..... http://www.actt.it/trasporti
So pretty much the same as a train from say Bangor to Belfast ...........sooooooooo difficult :duck: Mestre for me, more classier and less rabble , away from the likes of HWM and his pissing over fans and stupid chants who are ye who are ye blah blah blah
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

ayepod wrote:All booked up. Lunchtime flight from Stansted on Friday, back Sunday afternoon on the old sore head express. Staying in the Continental. Should be a good one, hope the weather is better than it usually is in Treviso round that time of year!

Ryanair price from Stansted to Treviso has just dropped another tenner in price .... think it 'may' drop a wee bit further yet !!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Kofi Annan wrote: Mestre for me, more classier and less rabble , away from the likes of HWM and his pissing over fans and stupid chants who are ye who are ye blah blah blah
Mestre is an industrial dump full of hookers Kofi :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Rooster wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote: Mestre for me, more classier and less rabble , away from the likes of HWM and his pissing over fans and stupid chants who are ye who are ye blah blah blah

Indeed .... I'm pretty sure thats where HWM intends to find a cheap bail hostel for his stay in Italy :D
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Surrey Red Hand wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Indeed .... I'm pretty sure thats where HWM intends to find a cheap bail hostel for his stay in Italy :D
Pretty sure he won't splash the cash for the Carlton SRH :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Just booked Stansted to Treviso from the friday to the monday .... Italy here we come :cheers:
isleofwighter
Initiate

Post by isleofwighter »

4 booked for the Carlton, Friday to Monday. Anticipating another legendary Italian weekend. :fleg: :cheers:
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Heyyy IOW'er ... look forward to reaquainting with you in Treviso, are you on our flight from Stansted then on the friday morning(surely not the 07-30 flight out)??? ... you will be leaving the island at midnight on thursday if so !!

Am just looking at the Carlton to book again but it's circa £240 for 3 nights which is expensive for what it is IMO, bit run down tbh

So looking at a few other hotels which are cheaper allbeit a wee bit further walk out of the main town.
isleofwighter
Initiate

Post by isleofwighter »

Four of us travelling by Easy Jet to Marco Polo from Gatwick. Easier that way to meet up with the 2 "Chuckle Brothers" who arrive into Gatwick earlier on the Friday morning from George Best.

I know The Carlton's a bit pricey, but some "Treviso" hotels are a too far out of the town centre, and the pensioner in our group isn't as sprightly as he once was!

Look forward to seeing all the regular faces tho in the usual drinking dens. :fleg:
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

FIRST TIME IN TREVISO -- 4 of us currently looking for an Apartment for 3 nights (fri/sat/sun) somewhere fairly central. Found somewhere just beyond the Railway Station but Surrey says that could be at least a 10 minute walk into central drinking area around Piazza dei Signori. The shorter the distance I have to stagger to me bed after a day on the pi$h the better esp on Italian roads. So are we best looking for apartments within 5 minute walk of Piazza dei Signori (is this a place for pre and post match drinking?) or is Surrey just feeding us useless information. Don't really want to be spending loadsa £ on buses/taxis/trains no matter how nice the suburbs are.

Discuss.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:FIRST TIME IN TREVISO -- 4 of us currently looking for an Apartment for 3 nights (fri/sat/sun) somewhere fairly central. Found somewhere just beyond the Railway Station but Surrey says that could be at least a 10 minute walk into central drinking area around Piazza dei Signori. The shorter the distance I have to stagger to me bed after a day on the pi$h the better esp on Italian roads. So are we best looking for apartments within 5 minute walk of Piazza dei Signori (is this a place for pre and post match drinking?) or is Surrey just feeding us useless information. Don't really want to be spending loadsa £ on buses/taxis/trains no matter how nice the suburbs are.

Discuss.
You will be lucky to find an apartment nearer than that and you will be lucky to walk to the square in 10 mins from there even without getting knocked down !
Rory Best
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

HwoodMike2umate wrote:FIRST TIME IN TREVISO -- 4 of us currently looking for an Apartment for 3 nights (fri/sat/sun) somewhere fairly central. Found somewhere just beyond the Railway Station but Surrey says that could be at least a 10 minute walk into central drinking area around Piazza dei Signori. The shorter the distance I have to stagger to me bed after a day on the pi$h the better esp on Italian roads. So are we best looking for apartments within 5 minute walk of Piazza dei Signori (is this a place for pre and post match drinking?) or is Surrey just feeding us useless information. Don't really want to be spending loadsa £ on buses/taxis/trains no matter how nice the suburbs are.

Discuss.
HWM .... the Carlton and Continental hotels are approx a 10 minute walk MAXIMUM into Piazza del Signori (anyone who has stayed there will verify that) ... the one you were looking at SOUTH of the railway station would take approx 20/25 minutes walk into the centre I said !!

Anyway you had enough practice staggering up and down hills in Montpellier did you not >EW
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Surrey Red Hand wrote:
HWM .... the Carlton and Continental hotels are approx a 10 minute walk MAXIMUM into Piazza del Signori (anyone who has stayed there will verify that) ... the one you were looking at SOUTH of the railway station would take approx 20/25 minutes walk into the centre I said !!

Anyway you had enough practice staggering up and down hills in Montpellier did you not >EW
That depends on previous beer and wine consumption, sometimes it can take an hour or more, remember you have to pass several bars >drink1 >drink1 >drink1 :stout: >drinks
Rory Best
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Takes HWM hours to slap on his face paint and squeeeeze into that Onesie of his :D

On a separate note I cancelled by existing hotel in favour of the Carlton which I got for 90 Euros B&B per night off their own website which seems to be the cheapest option at the moment. And seeing as RUINair changed ny return flight to the monday morning I'm hoping to be closer to the bus station to get to the airport pronto!!
DavyG
Steward

Post by DavyG »

4 x in the Continental. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
"We are on a Journey.......Don't Stop Believin"....