Ulster Underage Interpros 2014

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

dublane
Novice

Re: Ulster Underage Interpros 2014

Post by dublane »

27 7 to ulster
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

dublane wrote:27 7 to ulster
Thanks- just found it on UR website as well.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
dublane wrote:27 7 to ulster
Thanks- just found it on UR website as well.
We have a website?
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

I thought that we played like a team who did not like the favourite tag at the start. The forwards were not playing as a unit and the whole team looked under pressure. I have to give them all credit though for the turn round in the second half, they played much better and in fairness other than the kicks from the tee O'Hagan did set the ball rolling with some great runs and distribution. He more than anyone seemed to be playing with pressure on his shoulders and when the shackles came off him the rest of the team responded. He did not have a great first half, mostly due to missing kicks, but admiration for the response in the second half from him, he did really well with the ball in hand and got it together and got the backs moving, he looks like he needs game time to me. I particularly like the look of Sam Arnold in the backs, he looked the part. We do have the backs to do damage and we did win by 20 points, Connacht were no mugs, especially in the pack. Lots to work on for the team but a positive bonus point win in the end.
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

Taken from the UBR twitter:

Congrats Ulster U19s who beat @connachtrugby 24-17 @BHarlequinsRFC. Tries by Jonny Rosborough, Matt Fisher, Andrew Cardosi & Adam McBurney

Mods, could we merge this thread with the similar one in the Stand Up forum? Makes sense to keep it all in one place.
Bayern
Steward

Post by Bayern »

u18 schools won 53-0 against Connacht

Tries: Robert Lyttle(2), Conor Field, Fergus Jemphrey(2), Conor Kelly, Ben O'Reilly & Jack Howard
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Bayern wrote:u18 schools won 53-0 against Connacht

Tries: Robert Lyttle(2), Conor Field, Fergus Jemphrey(2), Conor Kelly, Ben O'Reilly & Jack Howard
is that good
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Just getting round to commenting on the U20's game from Friday, enjoyable game with a good crowd in attendance, O'Hagan kicking was poor but his open play was much better, Lorcan Dow is a unit and if him and Frankie Taggart can progress and stay injury free we will be fine in the backrow department. Have seen Sam Arnold play for hinch and now for the under 20's and he is certainly one to keep an eye out for in the future...
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Kofi Annan wrote:

is that good
Not as good as 54-0 but better than 52-0
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

scrum5 wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:

is that good
I heard they had targeted 55. Massive underachievement.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

scrum5 wrote:Just getting round to commenting on the U20's game from Friday, enjoyable game with a good crowd in attendance, O'Hagan kicking was poor but his open play was much better, Lorcan Dow is a unit and if him and Frankie Taggart can progress and stay injury free we will be fine in the backrow department. Have seen Sam Arnold play for hinch and now for the under 20's and he is certainly one to keep an eye out for in the future...
Not that I disagree S5 but on the night I thought his centre partner was better, some excellent pace in the backs, the young binman & Owens scored by a good eye for the gap & the pace to blast through it.

I hope the scrummie can progress for by the Leaping Jaysus do we need one of themins to come through asap. He too scored by dint of lining up their 15 to deal with a pass & then skinning him for pace, clever boy. :cheers: :thumleft:

Did you forget the first half by the way, not far short of dire :shock: Made the Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaalets match look error free.

O'Hagan's kicking was poor but then so was almost every other lad on the pitch who tried to put boot to ball. I have it from an absolute expert on the subject that the ball did not contain half a house brick nor were thy way below acceptable pressure. Appears the wee feckers just couldn't kick prapper, for it was as if the ball was a poun' a mince in a Tesco beg. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Conor McKee did indeed have a good game, it was just that I had seen Arnold play on more than one occasion and has impressed every time, another negative was £5.50 for a burger.....
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

scrum5 wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:

is that good
Scrum, just being relative, I may be wrong, but I do not see Connacht schools having the same player base and level of competition as their Ulster counterparts. So is 53- 0 good , and is it good prep for Leinster game coming up? Who would probably be well ahead on Ulster schools in both player base and competition, but as I said I may be wrong.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Kofi Annan wrote:
scrum5 wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:

is that good
Scrum, just being relative, I may be wrong, but I do not see Connacht schools having the same player base and level of competition as their Ulster counterparts. So is 53- 0 good , and is it good prep for Leinster game coming up? Who would probably be well ahead on Ulster schools in both player base and competition, but as I said I may be wrong.
apologies Kofi, I might have been guilty of playing the man instead of the ball or in this case the question, I am not overly conversed on school's rugby but a few acquaintances who are, thought it was a good result, on a side issue the same acquaintances are of the opinion that all under age levels are over coached and that individuality is coached out of them and that it still appears that entrance depends a lot on mummy and daddy rather than talent, I have no real idea if this is true but I also doubt that said acquaintances have axes to grind, maybe someone with more knowledge can shed more light on it.
Last edited by scrum5 on Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keel
Novice

Post by keel »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
Bogbunny wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Has Lyttle changed school?? :scratch:
He has aye. Was at RBAI last year.