Slowness of this site...

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

its proper gone to b*llocks again... fermain, what's the craic chief? :?
ultimate ulster chick
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ultimate ulster chick »

jamesie wrote:its proper gone to b*llocks again... fermain, what's the craic chief? :?
In fairness, he's on his holidays so maybe not around to tell us. Maybe that's what the problem is to start with...!

The site has been quite slow with me, but that does happen my end sometimes, just been worse than usual. I have found the internet in general slow the last few days.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

I dunno, probably just heavy traffic on the web company's servers. We do get quite a few peeps watching... anyway tonight it's flying.... wooooossshhhhhh
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
bootlace

Post by bootlace »

why is the forum so slow to log on and post,sometimes it takes up to 3 to 4 minutes from clicking onto a link for it to appear and when you try to reply to a post it just seems to freeze.I have posted replies only to see them not appear at all,surely it can't be my server all the time :roll:
bootlace

Post by bootlace »

why is the forum so slow to log on and post,sometimes it takes up to 3 to 4 minutes from clicking onto a link for it to appear and when you try to reply to a post it just seems to freeze.I have posted replies only to see them not appear at all,surely it can't be my server all the time :roll:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

A few unresolved problems. :evil:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
bootlace

Post by bootlace »

fair enough I'll leave it with the powers at be,catch ya's all soon :!:
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

It is getting worse.

Even getting on to the site can now be a problem when originally it was only the Forum which was slow.

There is a current parallel here with UR - your loyalty and committment are tested everyery time!

Last night I even went to a broadband connection and the situation was as bad as my home dial-up.

Following 'slow' times other problems are also evident.
eg. Last Post not being correct.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Been those problems you describe cables, and also a post vanished last week.
How would people feel if the entire posts had to be scrapped and start again on a clean sheet though if things can't be fixed :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

How would people feel if the entire posts had to be scrapped and start again on a clean sheet though if things can't be fixed
I probably use the 'search' facility more than most but this 'peeps' would be happy to forego that provided the online response returned to it's best.

Recall the match update threads we used to have - it would be nigh impossible now.

Was there also a message behind your question?

I find it hard to suspect that the board history is the problem as it changes slowly as new posts are added whereas the response times vary between quick and 'never' over short timescales.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

I have updated the forum software and am currently running it in conjunstion with this board. This was under the suggestion of our tech support fellow. So far, it could be the problem as it has taken me most of the day to update all the indexes with threads from this board. However, until the re-indexing finishes, i will be unable to ascertain whether the new forum is going to be as slow as this one. if it is, then it's back to the hosts, if it's back to full speed, then well and good; we shall change to it as soon as possible.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Your efforts are appreciated by this 'peeps'.
rave on
Novice

Post by rave on »

Dont pretend to understand the technical details - but its really zipping along now,whatever's been done! thanks so much fermain.brilliant.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

:?: :?
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

How long before the conspiracy theorists come crawling out of cyberspace?

Mark McCall resigns .......... UAFC site starts working again ......... coincidence?