Ulster v Connacht

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Connacht

Post by Dave »

DodgyEverything wrote:Image
No complaints from me here considering who is fit. McCann is such a worker I'm sure he won't repeat the Baird non tackle. Sheridan provides good impact. Stewart and Carter to come on if the lineout misfires.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

Marco wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:27 pm Just want to say that if the result, whatever it is, is put down to the referees, or TMO's performance, then we've lost. We need to win, period, regardless of refs, cards, weather, time of the month for the backs, or whether Greg Jones is fit, we must be better than that!
GJ will have McCann prepared to bring the fires of hell to the Connacht pack after collecting his laundry and doing a grocery shop at M&S for him :thumright:
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Dave wrote:
No complaints from me here considering who is fit. McCann is such a worker I'm sure he won't repeat the Baird non tackle. Sheridan provides good impact. Stewart and Carter to come on if the lineout misfires.
Sheridan ain't anywhere to be seen.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

jean valjean wrote:
Dave wrote:
Sheridan ain't anywhere to be seen.
What was I looking at? Jordi Murphy!? Connacht by 10.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Hoping Dan is relying on the experience of jordi and gilroy in a tight game and not 'they deserve a send off in the Jersey'...
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

jean valjean wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:55 pm Hoping Dan is relying on the experience of jordi and gilroy in a tight game and not 'they deserve a send off in the Jersey'...
Gilly's done alright in the last 2 games.

Strange how we're always prepared for the worst when we play the Westies yet always manage to convince ourselves that we have a chance when we play Leinster.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Does anyone want a bottle of fine wine? Junior still in the Caribbean and the fall back lift home not available. Me mate ( Frank, his first game this season) and I can get to the game but we need to get back to Old Holywood Road/Knocknagoney (drop off at Tescos is fine) so if anyone has room for two and wants a bottle of wine send me a message. Slainte.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

I would have helped but unfortunately have just booked an emergency root canal with the Dentist. Sorry.
Or you could get a taxi?
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Would transporting any flegs or fridge freezers be part of this deal?I
And how "fine" is "fine wine"?
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

2 flegs on 5 foot poles would need to be included. But no fridge freezer.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Bobbievee wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:48 pm Would transporting any flegs or fridge freezers be part of this deal?I
Bobbievee wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:48 pm Would transporting any flegs or fridge freezers be part of this deal?I
I heard his wine is sh1te. Just like Trevor Brennan's Guinness allegedly :stout: :puker:
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

The wine will be fine as long as you borrow Mike’s Clubcard when you drop him off.

Think of all the points he’s accumulated on Special Brew and Bucky…
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 12:19 am The wine will be fine as long as you borrow Mike’s Clubcard when you drop him off.

Think of all the points he’s accumulated on Special Brew and Bucky…
Guessing the "fine" wine is a £5 bottle of Californian wine😉
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Neill_M wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 12:16 pm CONNACHT RUGBY MATCHDAY 23 VS ULSTER RUGBY
Friday 5th May, 19:35 @ Kingspan Stadium

Number/Name/Caps

15. Tiernan O’Halloran (220), 14. John Porch (78), 13. Tom Farrell (97), 12. Bundee Aki (125), 11. Mack Hansen (26), 10. Jack Carty (193) (C), 9. Caolin Blade (168), 1. Denis Buckley (226), 2. Dave Heffernan (180), 3. Finlay Bealham (187), 4. Josh Murphy (16), 5. Niall Murray (54), 6. Shamus Hurley-Langton (18), 7. Conor Oliver (61), 8. Cian Prendergast (45)

16. Dylan Tierney-Martin (22), 17. Jordan Duggan (38), 18. Jack Aungier (48), 19. Oisín Dowling (42), 20. Jarrad Butler (112), 21. Kieran Marmion (228), 22. Tom Daly (76), 23. Byron Ralston (13)
The battle of the front rows will be fierce- Herring shades it UR.
Exterminate all rational thought
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

It's going to be a night for the forwards and whilst the front rows look even enough, we have a clear advantage in the second and back rows. From the connacht backline the only players I'd swap are carty and hansen and even then the latter would be harsh on baloucoune.

Should be a comfortable ulster win. Would be nice to see some ruthlessness for a change and just put them away in the first 20 mins.

Big stu will make a massive difference to the backs.