Sat Jan 21 8pm Ulster v Sale BT Sport 2 / beIN SPORTS / SuperSport / FloRugby

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Re: Sat Jan 21 8pm Ulster v Sale BT Sport 2 / beIN SPORTS / SuperSport / FloRugby

Post by HammerTime »

Dave wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:00 pm A day out is all Ulster will ever get. A season or two ago demonstrated how we couldn't even get near winning the Parker Pen.

Enjoy supporting 'A day out RFC'.
Ya can only p!sh with the cok you've got. ie. Ulster are sh!t and a great day out is about the best we can hope for these days. Long past dreaming of trophies as you get heartbroken year after year with this lot. In saying that ... You never know, especially if we play similar to the last game at the Aviva and catch them cold after 6N's. But I'd very much doubt it. With home games right to the final Leinster will have too much to lose.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: Sat Jan 21 8pm Ulster v Sale BT Sport 2 / beIN SPORTS / SuperSport / FloRugby

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:08 pm
MightyRearranger wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:58 pm There were indeed a lot of basic errors, but that's the most intensity I've seen from Ulster for a long time. But of spice to it. Stockdale had a goof game too. Also loved the passion from Jeffrey Tomaga Allen when on the bench. Was dubious when he came, but get him signed up for next year.
JTA was excellent on the pitch before he was benched too. Has got well up to speed in last couple of matches.
His pick and drive in front of their posts was sublime old school stuff to prevent inevitable turnover and keep the attack going; and some of his handling excellent for a 20stone prop. His scrummaging for a guy of his size at TH also text book- seems to be able to cope with chunky props trying to bore or get underneath. Same as last week Vs LAR, he's coped easily with formidable front rows ( albeit much changed,).
Great engine now he's fit.

Milo take note, it can be done...

Defo worth another contract and from a recent interview seems to love it hear- Afoa told him so... :afro: :salut: :lol:
MM, JTA and TOT give considerable depth for the next couple of years and significant rotation potential.
He'll do me.
Exterminate all rational thought
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Agreed.

Conducting the singing at the end only works when you’ve put a shift in on the pitch, which he very much did.

Seems to be a fun character - a little bit of Big Nick about him in that sense - hope he gets the chance to stick around and become a real fan favourite.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:45 pm
Cormac wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:41 pm Fairly certain it was the same last year. It’s how Leinster got home advantage v Toulouse in the semi final.
They usually wait to see where Ulster are going to finish and then amend the rules accordingly to ensure we are disadvantaged to the max >EW

Quite a few Sharks fans about.

Quite a sweet bonus that we also knocked them out after the debacle over there.
Yep, the irony wasn't lost on me.

There were a number of sharks out of water on the terrace who seemed a decent lot. Was quite prepared to hang about to chat with them at the end, because I thought they could be quite fun, but unfortunately a family emergency caused me to leave in a rush just as the game was ending. (apologies to any I was pushing past to get out of the ground in my haste)
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:26 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:08 pm
MightyRearranger wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:58 pm There were indeed a lot of basic errors, but that's the most intensity I've seen from Ulster for a long time. But of spice to it. Stockdale had a goof game too. Also loved the passion from Jeffrey Tomaga Allen when on the bench. Was dubious when he came, but get him signed up for next year.
JTA was excellent on the pitch before he was benched too. Has got well up to speed in last couple of matches.
His pick and drive in front of their posts was sublime old school stuff to prevent inevitable turnover and keep the attack going; and some of his handling excellent for a 20stone prop. His scrummaging for a guy of his size at TH also text book- seems to be able to cope with chunky props trying to bore or get underneath. Same as last week Vs LAR, he's coped easily with formidable front rows ( albeit much changed,).
Great engine now he's fit.

Milo take note, it can be done...

Defo worth another contract and from a recent interview seems to love it hear- Afoa told him so... :afro: :salut: :lol:
MM, JTA and TOT give considerable depth for the next couple of years and significant rotation potential.
He'll do me.
absolutely.
His conducting of the crowd is for me symptomatic of his commitment to UR.
Keep him
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:36 pm
Cormac wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:41 pm Fairly certain it was the same last year. It’s how Leinster got home advantage v Toulouse in the semi final.
They usually wait to see where Ulster are going to finish and then amend the rules accordingly to ensure we are disadvantaged to the max >EW

There were a number of sharks out of water on the terrace who seemed a decent lot. Was quite prepared to hang about to chat with them at the end, because I thought they could be quite fun, but unfortunately a family emergency caused me to leave in a rush just as the game was ending. (apologies to any I was pushing past to get out of the ground in my haste)
Curry's completely ott try celebration was an indication of how much the result meant to them so it was nice to see his bake a slightly whiter shade of puce at the end :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:45 am
Bobbievee wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:22 am by the by
would the plonker waving the Japanese flag ( just cos its red and white??) watch The Railway Man , on BBC1 at the minute , telling the story of a survivor of the Burma Railway...............
If there is no moving on..............
We might try to forgive and forget, but waving the flag around is, imo, disrespectful
My old BB captain was a prisoner of the Japanese; really incredible stories
Who could it be :scratch: (See the Totally Inappropriate thread)

Bizarrely, the fleg w@nkers (my daughter's epithet) were also sporting a Vietnam fleg today (yellow star on a red background) first used by the Viet Minh, the communist group led by Ho Chi Minh created in opposition to the Japanese occupation in 1941.

Does this cancel out the fleg of Imperial Japan? Probably not.

Sale fans in front of us had an Albanian fleg. :scratch:
Presume the Japanese fleg was Holywoodmike, so "having a word" isn't gonna change anything.

I was talking to the vietnamese fleg bearer before kick-off. He is a former much esteemed (by many but not all :duck: ) member of this forum who was just back from 3 months touring Australia and Vietnam and bought it for the equivalent of £2 in Hanoi, thinking the red and (ahem) "saffron" were just right for Ulster. Maybe the heat went to his head. :lol:

Personally, I take more issue with him about being away for 3 months of the season. Could he not have gone during close season?

Part time supporter!! :whistle:
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:46 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:36 pm

Curry's completely ott try celebration was an indication of how much the result meant to them so it was nice to see his bake a slightly whiter shade of puce at the end :lol:
Had I had more time and motivation (ie less pain in my back) I might have produced a one-off banner for this one :

VERMEULEN EATS CURRY FOR BREAKFAST!

(or some-such sentiment arrived at with a little more thought).
I'm not arguing -
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:There still is a scenario whereby we will not meet Leinster, we could end up playing Sorries, Exeter or Edinburgh still. The probability of that happening is well......

If London Irish beat Montpellier in France by 28 points or more and Montpellier pick up no try bonus point we will play one of the following

Sorries if they beat Edinburgh in any form or if they draw and gain a try bonus point
Exeter if Sorries lose to Edinburgh (and Edinburgh do not hit the criteria below)
Edinburgh if they beat Sorries by 52 points or more and pick up a try bonus point

This is the most useless piece of information you will read today.
LI are 7 nil up....
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Dave wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:There still is a scenario whereby we will not meet Leinster, we could end up playing Sorries, Exeter or Edinburgh still. The probability of that happening is well......

If London Irish beat Montpellier in France by 28 points or more and Montpellier pick up no try bonus point we will play one of the following

Sorries if they beat Edinburgh in any form or if they draw and gain a try bonus point
Exeter if Sorries lose to Edinburgh (and Edinburgh do not hit the criteria below)
Edinburgh if they beat Sorries by 52 points or more and pick up a try bonus point

LI are 7 nil up....
14 nil...
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Half time….
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Hmm… Paddy have a day off ffs. You are gonna ruin my weekend away :roll:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:43 pm
Dave wrote:

LI are 7 nil up....
14 nil...
So if they repeat that we're away to who?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:
Dave wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:43 pm
Dave wrote:

LI are 7 nil up....
14 nil...
So if they repeat that we're away to who?
Sorries if they beat Embra.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

:duh: