Bluenoses vs Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Bluenoses vs Ulster

Post by rumncoke »

My guess would be Treadwell
To play and AoC to bench on the basis Treadwell was rested yesterday .

For those who complain about Mc P lying deep — the service was slow and telegraphed with a pack in front which was going backwards .

Leinster then rushed the outside centre and doubled on the inside in defence .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

UlsterNo9 wrote:I'm hearing McCall out for the season.
It certainly looked bad on the slo-mo replay. We are running out of loose heads rapidly with O'Hagan probably out for the rest of the season also.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

A bit disheartening to read comments from the supporters on social media and this forum, also read a afew comments on FB by people who should really know better. Ulster are in a poor place at the moment, a lot of this was directly attributable to the Moron that was there to give direction and allowed the club to slip, that along with players retiring and our obvious poor signings , things are bad and things may get worse, but, I fully believe that the club, the province is going to throw the reverse gear and start getting it right, Jonny Petrie I believe will be crucial to that reverse, along with Dan , I have no doubt that there will be a shake up in coaching ticket , not thta I want to see anyone go, just I feel a next level is required . The young lads coming through either Ulster born or not, want to be successful and probably more Ulster committed than some of the fans are.

Building a rugby team is like building a house. You look for the best architects, the best builders - and then you let them do their jobs. Petrie is that Architect, Dan , Bryn and the Academy are those builders ,

I was right about Logan , and I am right about Petrie, Jonny if your reading this , here is one important piece of advice, go against some of the amateur decision makers, they are there for self interest and holding the club back, listen to some of the guys at grass roots, some of them actually do know what their doing.

I am not down hearted , disappointed yes, but so is every player that wore the shirt last night, the future is bright.

Kofi
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Kofi Annan wrote:A bit disheartening to read comments from the supporters on social media and this forum, also read a afew comments on FB by people who should really know better. Ulster are in a poor place at the moment, a lot of this was directly attributable to the Moron that was there to give direction and allowed the club to slip, that along with players retiring and our obvious poor signings , things are bad and things may get worse, but, I fully believe that the club, the province is going to throw the reverse gear and start getting it right, Jonny Petrie I believe will be crucial to that reverse, along with Dan , I have no doubt that there will be a shake up in coaching ticket , not thta I want to see anyone go, just I feel a next level is required . The young lads coming through either Ulster born or not, want to be successful and probably more Ulster committed than some of the fans are.

Building a rugby team is like building a house. You look for the best architects, the best builders - and then you let them do their jobs. Petrie is that Architect, Dan , Bryn and the Academy are those builders ,

I was right about Logan , and I am right about Petrie, Jonny if your reading this , here is one important piece of advice, go against some of the amateur decision makers, they are there for self interest and holding the club back, listen to some of the guys at grass roots, some of them actually do know what their doing.

I am not down hearted , disappointed yes, but so is every player that wore the shirt last night, the future is bright.

Kofi
I'm sure he's hanging on your every word!
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

Although both sides had young players think most of the Leinster gas had at least a year or two on our guys- and in development terms that is huge. Kernohan is 19 ffs, Dalton 20- remember what Stockdale was like when he debuted at 19 -very raw, but that early exposure and a good summer transformed him [plus he was training and playing with Bowe and Trimble]. Those guys will come through but its unreasonable to expect them to be fully ready now, I'd say most young players struggle with defence at first. But the talent is definitely there- the physicality and experience just have to catch up- and they only get that through playing.
That was in no way good to watch but we just have to suck it up for now and hope for dividends in future seasons. Leinster and Connacht are in better positions depth wise as they have settled systems, settled squads and settled coaches, we are of course recovering form a cluster ****. I think we'll get there but its going to be tough watching for a while. I still thought it was a better performance than against Munster away.. which is telling, Munster benefited from some luck, Leinster where much more efficient.

I agree with Kofi, its tough result but we are headed in the right direction and coming form a tough place. Tighten up syrup all round- we are growing a new squad, it takes perseverance and time but we'll get there.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

UlsterNo9 wrote:I'm hearing McCall out for the season.
By the look of his face yesterday it certainly would be no surprise, he looked to be in serious pain
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

therealspratt wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:A bit disheartening to read comments from the supporters on social media and this forum, also read a afew comments on FB by people who should really know better. Ulster are in a poor place at the moment, a lot of this was directly attributable to the Moron that was there to give direction and allowed the club to slip, that along with players retiring and our obvious poor signings , things are bad and things may get worse, but, I fully believe that the club, the province is going to throw the reverse gear and start getting it right, Jonny Petrie I believe will be crucial to that reverse, along with Dan , I have no doubt that there will be a shake up in coaching ticket , not thta I want to see anyone go, just I feel a next level is required . The young lads coming through either Ulster born or not, want to be successful and probably more Ulster committed than some of the fans are.

Kofi
I suspect he would listen to me before an Instonians cheerleader
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Kofi Annan wrote:
therealspratt wrote:

Kofi
I suspect he would listen to me before an Instonians cheerleader
I haven't much to tell him truthfully.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

I don't really have a problem with us playing young lads, I just don't like how we play so many of them together. I don't see how it is beneficial. What did they really learn from that?

How do you, as a young player, prepare yourself mentally for a game you know you're going to get humped in?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Anyways, if Dalton makes anything of himself in the pro game I will be amazed.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

thecrouch wrote:I don't really have a problem with us playing young lads, I just don't like how we play so many of them together. I don't see how it is beneficial. What did they really learn from that?

How do you, as a young player, prepare yourself mentally for a game you know you're going to get humped in?

Okay, name the team you would have played 1-23
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Kofi Annan wrote:
thecrouch wrote:I don't really have a problem with us playing young lads, I just don't like how we play so many of them together. I don't see how it is beneficial. What did they really learn from that?

Okay, name the team you would have played 1-23
O'Sullivan, McBurney, Herbst, AOC, Dalton, Jones, Reidy, Murphy, Cooney, McPhillips, Stockdale, Hume, Cave, Lyttle, Lowry

Best, McCall, O'Toole, Treadwell, Timoney, Stewart, Houston, Nelson.

If any of these lads are injured then fair enough, but I would have thought this a better mix of youth and experience.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Would you be prepared then to play against Racing without Cooney
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Kofi Annan wrote:Would you be prepared then to play against Racing without Cooney
No, I think his game time could have been better managed in previous games to enable him to play both. Same as the other players who had to have an enforced layoff.

But I'm not an expert on IRFU selection policies.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dan has done a pretty good job managing appearances and delivering in Europe Pointswise, the only fixtures that haven't fulfilled expectations this season are the Connacht games. We're probably 5pts down in the League at this stage which could make things very tricky in Apr/May.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall