Sale v Ulster Sunday 11th December 1pm KO BT Sport 2 / beIN SPORTS / Super Sport / FloRugby

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Sale v Ulster Sunday 11th December 1pm KO BT Sport 2 / beIN SPORTS / Super Sport / FloRugby

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
Dave wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:58 pm
StandUp wrote:
Dave wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:04 am Hopefully in a press conference in Humph/ McGlock format,
Will the executions be on tv?
On tiktok actually,
Is the clock fixed, then?
Twice per day it seems to work.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: Sale v Ulster Sunday 11th December 1pm KO BT Sport 2 / beIN SPORTS / Super Sport / FloRugby

Post by StandUp »

Intermittent then. Tis truly an Ulster clock.
horslips
Novice

Post by horslips »

Apparently we the fans have upset oul Darren Cave. I heard a clip of him from last nights Radio Ulster Sports Extra. Apparently its is unfair for the plebs i.e. usuns to be calling for the head of anyone never mind DMF. In fairness he did specifically mention Twatter though i suspect he has been lurking on here.
To be honest I cannot even be bother going to BBC sounds to listen to all of what he said after having wasted 2 hours on Saturdays dross. It just gives me the impression of the complete disconnect between UR staff and players (past and present ) the the supporters.
STO SURSUM PRO ULSTERMEN
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

They all lurk on here. Hi Darren
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Tbf, what he says here isn’t too far wide of the mark is it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/63950145
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Warwick is up before the beak on Thursday.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

He should ask to borrow Cian Healey’s suit.
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Forced myself to watch the whole game yesterday. Warr and Du Preez gave a masterclass in 9/10 play, hugely influential, something I didn’t remark so much live. Best commented on their variety and keeping the Ulster defence guessing, and how our’s were predictable. I accept that the loss was down to a whole host of things, and I for one didn’t realise they had only flown in that morning, but on a thing like that, could the coaches not intervene?
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

I think Cave is coming to the rescue of his mates tbh. This line is particularly laughable:

"Ulster, at the minute, are not good enough to win that trophy and it's as simple as that. "

I think we all know this, you'd have to be a lunatic to think Ulster are contenders in this competition. But there is a bit of a difference between not being good enough to win the trophy, and getting hammered 39-0.

For what it's worth, Ulster aren't good enough to win any trophy because we are mentally weak. We won't win the URC. We wouldn't win the Challenge Cup. Sunday had nothing to do with the strength of European rugby.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

thecrouch wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:11 pm I think Cave is coming to the rescue of his mates tbh. This line is particularly laughable:

"Ulster, at the minute, are not good enough to win that trophy and it's as simple as that. "

I think we all know this, you'd have to be a lunatic to think Ulster are contenders in this competition. But there is a bit of a difference between not being good enough to win the trophy, and getting hammered 39-0.

For what it's worth, Ulster aren't good enough to win any trophy because we are mentally weak. We won't win the URC. We wouldn't win the Challenge Cup. Sunday had nothing to do with the strength of European rugby.
Agreed.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

thecrouch wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:11 pm I think Cave is coming to the rescue of his mates tbh. This line is particularly laughable:

Agree totally.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

StandUp wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:08 am
Dave wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:04 am Hopefully in a press conference in Humph/ McGlock format,
Will the executions be on tv?
Can someone explain to me exactly why McG was sacked. It still strikes me as ridiculous particularly in comparison to what has been deemed satisfactory since.
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

My biggest frustration is the lack of calling out this performance for what it is. My own frustration has been massively compounded by the Leinster capitulation and, in those circumstances, it’s hard to look at this game in isolation and one that is not linked to travel difficulties (albeit I’m not naive enough to think they were a factor).

When I saw the lineups I thought a win would be achievement but not an impossible task with a losing bonus point a realistic ambition. When I became aware of the travel difficulties I had no optimism for a win and thought a losing bonus point would be a brilliant result rather than a realistic ambition. When I left the stadium I was beyond frustrated at what was another capitulation with travel difficulties not an appropriate excuse for what was delivered on the pitch.

After both the Leinster and Sale games there has been zero output directly from Ulster in respect of interviews with players/coaches/CEO. The engagement that has been there has been generous in terms of how that performance is described.

I’m probably at the more extreme end of reactions but it’s reasonable to call out that performance as unacceptable without it being portrayed in the way Cave has. Cave may downplay expectations as to where Ulster are but there’s a difference between expecting a team to win a trophy and expecting them to be competitive in individual games which I feel is the expectation of the majority of fans…and by competitive I mean not having spells where we conceded almost 40 unanswered points in two consecutive games rather than thinking we’d beat Leinster and Sale away. (I see this comment is a rehash of a previous comment submitted before I hit post on this).
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Odds on Warwick getting 3 weeks for falling backwards

While Healy gets a seal of approval for a shoulder lifted to the jaw.

In a match where Ulster suffered with nearly a third of the team going off for HIAs

And playing with a nobbled outhalf who found he was the target for the Leinster back both in defence and attack.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

:argue:
for dog and ulcer wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:15 pm

Agree totally.
Crouch
The rare distinction of two " agree totally " with this a third. We overrate ourselves totally playing B teams in a second rate league for two thirds of the season and fail consistently when we meet real teams. Best to accept that.
And 're other post .......I doubt a gold coach and zillions would tempt McG back to Ulster in any capacity.