Thon Jezza Corbyn has some brass neck on 'im so he has!!

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Thon Jezza Corbyn has some brass neck on 'im so he has!!

Post by BaggyTrousers »

scrum5 wrote:John McDonald's plea for unity http://www.theguardian.com/politics/vid ... ters-video
Nice. :duh:

Still let me rethink that, a bit of honesty may not be a bad thinkg and he's right, they have been dancing around it endlessly and look clueless.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Len McCluskey supposedly doing his bit to UNITE the Labour Party

CnOoTPIWcAAkhVy.jpg
CnOoTPIWcAAkhVy.jpg (132.48 KiB) Viewed 1214 times
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Labour's Ruling NEC has suspended all meetings of Local Constituency Labour parties for the duration of the leadership contest
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

and I thought The West Wing was great viewing
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Owen Smith standing now too.
There's something afoot.
I told you he would be a week or more ago. >EW

If Jezza is on the list as it appears he will be, he will win. The possibility then is for a split which will kill off the party in real terms.

Great time to be Barrenness May de l'Immigration. Unopposed in all elections for the foreseeable future.

Will she gas Gideon the Austere? That is the kestjin.
You also told me:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Corbyn will be gone by the end of the day.
BaggyTrousers wrote: My old friend The Beast of Bolsover said today that the PLP need to understand they are not the party. It appears all over bar the shouting, Jezza will not be challenged never mind beaten.
I'm deeply saddened by your decline as an observer of form. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: G'wan and don't forget the Barmah!!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
There's something afoot.

If Jezza is on the list as it appears he will be, he will win. The possibility then is for a split which will kill off the party in real terms.

Great time to be Barrenness May de l'Immigration. Unopposed in all elections for the foreseeable future.

You also told me:
BaggyTrousers wrote: My old friend The Beast of Bolsover said today that the PLP need to understand they are not the party. It appears all over bar the shouting, Jezza will not be challenged never mind beaten.
I'm deeply saddened by your decline as an observer of form. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: G'wan and don't forget the Barmah!!
Shoor he's forever been saying he'll be gone (to Spain) soon, and he hasn't even got that right yet and that's in his own hands. :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

scrum5 wrote:Len McCluskey supposedly doing his bit to UNITE the Labour Party

CnOoTPIWcAAkhVy.jpg
Len should be careful what he wishes for.

He could end up as deputy leader of one organisation called Unite* lead by Jezza and with a handful of MPs, and someone else could end up as Leader of HM's Official Opposition (Labour Party)* with a much larger cohort of MPs. :duck: :stir:

* names might vary,but you get the idea.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

And through all of this, does Corbyn himself come out fighting? Nope, we hear more from his deputy and union sidekick Len.

It's a shame Labour and Corbyn may have to be humiliated at the next election before his cornies realise he is unelectable and ineffectual as a leader.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Thon Jezza Corbyn has some brass neck on 'im so he ha

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
There's something afoot.

You also told me:
Shoor he's forever been saying he'll be gone (to Spain) soon, and he hasn't even got that right yet and that's in his own hands. :lol:
Good to see the feckin' chuckle brothers, neither of whom are remotely funny, doing the same old double act.

That second quote Snipe, ya streak of Presbyterian misery, is merely a matter of time. Jezza will hold sway. The first? Misinformation from a hitherto reliable source.

Anyway, Barmah on, the beer is not going to drink itself. >EW

Bart, I've no great hopes for Jezza, but stand back a second, he has been in office for 10 months. It's not looking promising and he clearly has no confidence from the majority of his MPs, however, he has found great difficulty in getting any ......... Ah no Ted, he won't do. :roll:

However I do find myself disappointed to conclude he must go, he's a better man than many.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Even Dan Jarvis is looking for Jezza to go
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
There's something afoot.

You also told me:
Good to see the feckin' chuckle brothers, neither of whom are remotely funny, doing the same old double act.

That second quote Snipe, ya streak of Presbyterian misery, is merely a matter of time. Jezza will hold sway. The first? Misinformation from a hitherto reliable source.

Anyway, Barmah on, the beer is not going to drink itself. >EW

Bart, I've no great hopes for Jezza, but stand back a second, he has been in office for 10 months. It's not looking promising and he clearly has no confidence from the majority of his MPs, however, he has found great difficulty in getting any ......... Ah no Ted, he won't do. :roll:

However I do find myself disappointed to conclude he must go, he's a better man than many.

A good backbencher but not a man for the top job.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

Bart S wrote:A good backbencher but not a man for the top job.
When Corbyn first ended up on the ballot I welcomed his presence as a kind of 'disruptor' - sort of like Bernie Sanders in the Democratic race. Someone to give a contrary voice in a debate that was dominate by candidates who couldn't quite figure out what the role of the opposition was. Remember when the other candidates abstained from votes they later gave strong opinions on, for example? Or when one said that it wasn't Labour's place to oppose welfare reform because the people had mandated it? In the context, Corbyn was a welcome addition. I sure as hell didn't want him to win - although, I'm not sure there were any of the candidates I would have wanted to win more, either.

I don't really believe Corbyn won that leadership campaign on the back, only, of new political engagement or the repopularisation of old and out-of-date populist ideas; in part (and this is where Labour diverges from the Democrats), it was because there was no credible or creditable mainstream candidate. I suppose I, like many others, misread just how fecked up Labour had become since the previous leadership election. In effect, the internal workings of the party appear to me now, in retrospect, like the internal workings of a failed state. Here's the major problem now - once again, Labour are entirely without a credible candidate to take over the leadership. The current machinations, therefore, seem only likely to further weaken the structures of the party, with very little material gain.

Corbyn is unelectable - not so much because of his policies, many of which would draw a disturbing amount of popular support - but because he is a leader of a political party that in recent decades has always had to face down a hostile media, with its own agenda. Corbyn has proven himself utterly out of his depth when it comes to having (or at least trying to develop) the skills that allow him to succeed in the face of that. The big big problem, though, is that no other candidate looks remotely capable, either. These moves may indeed oust Corbyn but it will be a very public defenestration carried out under dubious circumstances - not least shifting the goalposts of the party's own leadership election rules during the process. Doing it will gain very little, at least in the short-term. None of the other candidates are remotely capable, either, even if they are more 'mainstream'.

The only benefit I can really see is that it undermines the party's power structures so much that a strong and capable voice has the opportunity to arise from the rubble in a few years. But even that is relying entirely on chance.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Corbyn has no chance what with Pokemon go distracting his fanbase.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Anyone who is a paid up member of UNITE can apply free to vote in the Labour Leadership Battle.