|Schools cup 2017

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Re: |Schools cup 2017

Post by ruckover »

What concerns me is that a school with 13 men in the Ulster set-up has been humiliated like that. Sure every team can have an off day, but that's beyond just an off day.

A team with that many representatives should be walking the competition no problem.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Blow in
Novice

Post by Blow in »

ruckover wrote:What concerns me is that a school with 13 men in the Ulster set-up has been humiliated like that. Sure every team can have an off day, but that's beyond just an off day.

A team with that many representatives should be walking the competition no problem.
It's not what you know it's who you know >flog
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

ruckover wrote:What concerns me is that a school with 13 men in the Ulster set-up has been humiliated like that. Sure every team can have an off day, but that's beyond just an off day.

How many do Inst have?
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:

How many do Inst have?
Eight.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

ruckover wrote:
LegsLikeSausages wrote:

How many do Inst have?
Eight.
Does seem irregular to say the least.
Blow in
Novice

Post by Blow in »

ruckover wrote:
LegsLikeSausages wrote:

How many do Inst have?
Eight.
Thinks it only 5 . Reed,Hume finnegan lowry and o donnel
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Some small consolation to them should be that they're a young team I believe and so should have another couple of bites.
Blow in
Novice

Post by Blow in »

therealspratt wrote:Some small consolation to them should be that they're a young team I believe and so should have another couple of bites.
According to the telegraph the majority of the ballymena team were in their last year
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Blow in wrote:
therealspratt wrote:Some small consolation to them should be that they're a young team I believe and so should have another couple of bites.
According to the telegraph the majority of the ballymena team were in their last year
Oh right! Flip I don't know where I got that impression from then, thought they were mostly u18s players.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

After my unusual participation in a schools thread, I understand that I was only partly right - rare though that cleary is. I understand that The Master Race tend to turn out a more rounded type of player, than those gowls slightly out of town up near Queens who make lads lives a misery.

Well done Inst, proof of the pudding and all that, a quare lacin' for the poor ould yokels from Outer Scotland biy. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

therealspratt wrote:
Blow in wrote:
Oh right! Flip I don't know where I got that impression from then, thought they were mostly u18s players.
Just over half the squad are leavers this year.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

This is Ulster

Perhaps it might be a coaching problem?

:stir:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

What did bug me was the choice to sing a song to the tune of GSTQ by the BA kids. They had wee song sheets so it was pre-planned. Very disappointing.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

shamalicious wrote:What did bug me was the choice to sing a song to the tune of GSTQ by the BA kids. They had wee song sheets so it was pre-planned. Very disappointing.
Why? Do you need a safe space?

Did they sing the national anthem, or a song using the same tune?

What were the words?

Are we afraid of a tune now?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Russ wrote:
shamalicious wrote:What did bug me was the choice to sing a song to the tune of GSTQ by the BA kids. They had wee song sheets so it was pre-planned. Very disappointing.
Why? Do you need a safe space?

Did they sing the national anthem, or a song using the same tune?

What were the words?

Are we afraid of a tune now?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Fair enough Russ, you think it's fine, but I don't. It's not appropriate.