Six Nations 18/19

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Six Nations 18/19

Post by Cockatrice »

Dave wrote:What's happened to James Ryan?
Awarded 9 out of 10 by the Independent so must have been everywhere....
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

tigerburnie wrote:You want to try living with the dour barstewards.
People like you cost them their independence. :lol:

A majority of voters who were born in Scotland voted Yes. It was the blow-ins from the rest of the UK that swayed the vote.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cockatrice wrote:
Dave wrote:What's happened to James Ryan?
Awarded 9 out of 10 by the Independent so must have been everywhere....
Not the same player as last year. I didn't see any big carries that he did continually. Are teams just wise to him now?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Sexton failed a HIA.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

I thought James Ryan had a good game. Took a few lineouts, made a few carries amd tackles and put himself about well. In the absence if To er/Henderson i thought he shouldered quite a lot. Roux did ok but wouldn’t say he would be near the level of the others. Dillane had a good cameo.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

rumncoke wrote:Kearney three breaks and on each occasion failed to apply rule 1 — break - pass — support .

As for Joey the less said the better but it was fairly obvious the guy doesn’t cut it at out half .

How frequently did Ireland avoid passing to him ?
Especially when within the Scottish 22
Joey while being naturally a gifted brain fart out half becomes too predictable when told to apply a script and a liability regardless of the type of game he plays at out half at International level .

My man of the match based on his first half performance was Stockdale .

But that result speaks volumes for the strength in depth currently in Irish Rugby - with 3 positions proving difficult — scrum half — full back and the own goal at out half .To be fair scrum half may not be as big a problem as the other two .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In fairness to Carberry he recovered after a nightmare start and actually played pretty well in the 2nd half. Ironically had Sexton been able to come back on, then Carberry’s contribution would have been solely negative to proceedings.

He’ll get a start against Italy. He has been getting some proper tests recently at european and ireland level and at times looks ok.

Still huge responsibility on having Sexton fit for the world cup.

Very good game from Stockdale today. Not just the usual try scoring and acceleration which is becoming the norm with him, but some great defensive work and he cleaned up a few dangerous situations.

If Kearney had some vision he would have been a cert for MOTM today but he was guilty of letting a couple of good opportunities peter out. After last week though, his defensive positional play was noticeable and he made more line breaks than in about the last 8 years put together.
turko
Novice
Location: Exiled but heart remains at the cathedral on match day

Post by turko »

Shan wrote:
Jetstream wrote:Scotland are very poor losers. Every decision given against them was booed. They even booed during the Irish kicks. Laidlaw looked like he was sucking a lemon as he walked off. Miserable little man.
As long as I am watching rugby Scotland have been like this. It is the reason I always love to see them beaten by any opposition. Miserable shower.
Agree, the amount of booing and moaning about the ref around us in the stadium today was awful. Just don’t see that anywhere else.
In fairness I think that quite a few of the main culprits around us seemed like blowins.
Poor nonetheless.

Rugby has values
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

About 60000 blow ins.
Fortyniner
Novice

Post by Fortyniner »

Only people who are better whingers than Derry people are Scots people
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

At best, you have just limply slagged 5.5 million people.

Some would say that you are straying into sectarian and racist territory.

And yet you couldn’t cope with a bit of banter from Baggy.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Sounds like a bloody sunday jibe.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Carberry in the second half was lucky to break two weak tackles after catching a ball behind the Irish backline after being omitted as first receiver and someone had knocked the ball backwards .

It was not an out -half play it was the play and break of a full back.

As an out half he has two games he can play -- the free -bird non scripted game which is a recipe for glory or disaster and against grade one opposition it is 10-1 on to be a disaster .
Or he conforms to a script but when doing so his play becomes predictable and uninspiring and ineffective a quick shuffle flat pass to avoid the tackle . Does anybody consider Joey could or would attempt to win the game in the last kick of a match like Sexton did against the French ? The pundits all go but he is inexperienced -- he's not he has been playing out half for years maybe not at this level , the fact is his game approach has never been structured and when structured he suffers from tunnel vision. A talented player with an achilles heel.

I'm not to sure about the Sexton injury bit to -day -- it had the the appearance of semi panic -- the scots diffinitely had Sexton targeted for some big hits on the margins of legal and I doubt if they cared if the hits were illegal as long as the hit was made. With 3 games to play against stronger packs than Scotland to face my feeling was he was extracted before he got seriously injured . Ireland had gained the lead and the pack had the measure of the Scottish pack the game plan was defend and retain possession thereafter except Joey nearly undid all the work with his loose pass and made the game plan harder.

Personally I wouldn't want to be Kearney during the video analysis when you make a break you don't run and hold on to the ball until your tackled even Carberry avoided that mistake and he had to look and find his support Kearney's was out side and available on each occasion .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

[quote="justinr73"]At best, you have just limply slagged 5.5 million people.

Some would say that you are straying into sectarian and racist territory.

Hence the derogatory term kuffar, popular in the Islamic world.

Ironic how similar humanity is, at root >EW

Some would say you are a smug prat.
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Nigel is just making up penalties now.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

France are woeful.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk