Autumn Internationals 2022

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: Autumn Internationals 2022

Post by StandUp »

Dave wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:23 pm Thankfully this w@nk is over soon and we can get back to the real rugby. With some big names coming back in from injury too.
Most sensible thing I’ve read today. Nat like ye Dave!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

allezlesverres wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:07 pm
rumncoke wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:20 pm To be honest JoB has never over impressed when playing for Leinster and seems to be a back up for Kearney , Larmour and Lowe .

Thus I wonder who is peeling his bell ?

Despite Ulster’s standing in the league for the last two years exactly why are only two players from Ulster in the squad .

Admittedly Stockdale is lacking in game time likewise Henderson and Hume .

But given the strapping on McCloskey’s arm last week I would have preferred Aki to have started .

McCarthy is a big player but Ahern was more impressive in the A game .

And Casey has been tried and found wanting hopefully Doak will continue to improve but I doubt he’ll feature while Sexton sees himself as the number one goal kicker in Ireland .

To me Sexton is another BoD it stinks of a “ I want to play with my buddies selection “

With a few token faces from other provinces trusted by Farrell .

The Leinster back line bar two Leinster forwards bar two and the missing two are on the bench

Look, I love a D4 versus BT6 conspiracy as much as the next man but even as a one-eyed ulster fan I can't get behind these ones. In the order that you raise them (and then others that you didn't mention but others did):

JOB: Has been brilliant in both games and has been messed about in various positions. Has thoroughly earned his start and has probably all but booked his RWC ticket already.
Stockdale: got a shot in the A game. Was average but with at least one glaring mistake. Didn't take his chance to shine and can't complain that others got the nod ahead of him.
Henderson: injured. Would definitely have started several of the games otherwise.
Hume: got a shot in the A game. Was poor and didn't take his chance. In a team of poor performances, his was notably poor which is harsh but there you go. Can have absolutely no complaints to see Ringrose, Henshaw, Stu ahead of him.
Doak: his shop window was the Munster game where he was very poor and he likewise can have no complaint that others got opportunities ahead of him this time around.
Herring: is a reliable second/third choice for Ireland but has no chance now of dislodging Sheehan as first choice who surely everyone acknowledges is now a better option.
Treadwell: the strangest one for me. I think he has secured his position as a bench option for lock and AF is just experimenting with McCarthy to find other bench options.
Timoney: got all the chances and did pretty well with them. Should probably feel a bit hard done by that Conan gets the bench spot ahead of him. Having said that Conan is (bizarrely for me) a full fat test lion so there is that.

I'm with Bigal on this one - I hope the Ulster guys use their frustration to lay down a marker and prove they're made of better stuff.
I concur.

I'm more than grateful that we are getting our payers back un-broken from an international break.

We may even be getting Henderson back in better condition than we sent him. That's a bonus. (although, tbf, it was probably them wot broke him the last time that had him missing out this time . . . I think. Or did I dream that? Now I'm confused. :? )*

Anyway - clobber the cobbers tomorrow and let's get back to Ravers for the real McCoy next Friday night. :fleg: :red:

* have I thread-hopped from the senility thread? Is there a senility thread? Or is it just a yarn? :scratch:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Best answer to give back is score a hattrick!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

StandUp wrote:
Dave wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:23 pm Thankfully this w@nk is over soon and we can get back to the real rugby. With some big names coming back in from injury too.
I do it once in a while.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I never want to see Bealham's barnet ever again.

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Henson more involved than Baloucoune -- In my book wingers shouldn't have to go looking for the ball -- if have to then players inside them are or could be playing badly or the wing is playing a preset play -- international players especially wings have preset roles and positions.

So in my view JoB is somebodies blue eyed boy -- having featured as a centre and as a full back and now as a wing and as stated has played mostly off the bench for Leinster. I will admit he has not been a source of glaring errors but then has also made the odd break which got nowhere.

Stockdale, first game back after injury one of the most successful try scoring wings for Ireland written off because of a failed attempt to tackle a wing on the opposite wing If it had been Zebo he would have slipped while turning to cross the Pitch and never have been near the wing to miss the tackle.

Hume first game back against injury out of position with an outside centre who failed to feature for Leinster against Benetton when the Leinster backline leaked trys playing against an ABs side feeding two into the space/ gap between the centres.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

JTA gets first start for Samoa v Romania in Bucharest.

2:45pm KO UK Time on Saturday on Rugby Romania YouTube Channel.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:57 pm
StandUp wrote:
I do it once in a while.
Some do it twice a year.

(I love thread hopping, me) ;)
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

memories
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:57 pm
StandUp wrote:
I do it once in a while.
Some do it twice a year.

(I love thread hopping, me) ;)
Broken clocks do it twice per day.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Neill_M wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:27 pm JTA gets first start for Samoa v Romania in Bucharest.

2:45pm KO UK Time on Saturday on Rugby Romania YouTube Channel.
I’ll make sure I stop off at Bowe’s today :stout:
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Wales 12-13 Georgia

Wales have lost at home to both Italy and Georgia in 2022.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Neill_M wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:17 pm Wales 12-13 Georgia

So have Georgia come on a lot or is Wales's international team simply coming down to the level of it's regional sides?

I think we all know the answer!
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

solidarity wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:23 pm
Neill_M wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:17 pm Wales 12-13 Georgia

So have Georgia come on a lot or is Wales's international team simply coming down to the level of it's regional sides?

I think we all know the answer!
... and they really know how to do beards. :salut:
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

Another game about to ruined by a red card. Is it time to embrace the 20 minute red card like the south Africans?
Dura lex sed lex