Ulster v Dragoons

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Dragoons

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote:Overall not a bad result, could have been worse, how many times have we gone to Rodney Parade and lost, boys will work hard during the week and be ready for the weekend in London.

Dressing room will be a bit disappointed with some of the play, but three points in the bag , lots of positives to be honest.
Fuc'k off Les, you've been rumbled.

FOLK

I had hoped you would be gone by first Halloween, then by Christmas, but I think you will be finished after the run of 4 defeats coming up when Munster administer the usual "how did we lose that" disappointment on New Years Day.

As we approach the festive season, I think most men of good will, will be hoping that we don't pull off a freak result that may keep you in your job one minute longer than it takes for Ulster Rugby to write out your P45, they are too slow for my liking.

It's like this Les, I don't know you, you may be a crackin' bloke or maybe a jumped up gobshite out of his depth. Either way, you are supposed to be a gifted defence coach yet every awful team of honest scrappers are running tries in for fun.

10 games in the league, 28 tries conceded, our competitors, Scaaaaaaaaaaaalets & Mexico have conceded 16 each. You should be ashamed of yourself. I don't expect you to resign, but you could have the decency to walk into Fit's office, admit you are incompetent and say you are open to discussing a settlement FOLK.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

10 games in the league, 28 tries conceded, our competitors, Scaaaaaaaaaaaalets & Mexico have conceded 16 each.
That is absolutely shocking. We are conceding almost 3 tries per game.

F
O
L
K
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Come on lads, it's not like Les is a defence coach

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Dave wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

10 games in the league, 28 tries conceded, our competitors, Scaaaaaaaaaaaalets & Mexico have conceded 16 each.
That is absolutely shocking. We are conceding almost 3 tries per game.

F
O
L
K
2.8 a game to be precise, look, we are still getting points. look is not about the first 25metres, it's about how strong you are later in the race. It's all coming together nicely. Have some faith guys. We hav the best and biggest management structure in world rugby , all will be fine. the Colonel will give the boys a pep talk during the week ,( he wasn't a 2Lt for 5 years for nothing, he learnt a lot at the bottom of the pile ) then next week at Quins he will walk around the pitch with his phone to his ear, putting the fear of God into them Landoners,
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Jackie Brown wrote:Come on lads, it's not like Les is a defence coach

Did no one once say Malone was now defence coach after Baracat jumped ship
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/spor ... 68071.html

It would appear that Niall does, SKILLS, DEFENCE and ANALYST.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Gerald the Mole wrote:https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/spor ... 68071.html

My understanding is that Niall's primary role is analysis but he will take part in defence and/or skills sessions as and when requested by the coaches responsible for those roles. i.e. he works under the direction of one of the other coaches for those sessions.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Kofi Annan wrote:

One thing Kiss learnt from the CiC is how to spread the load and as such push the blame elsewhere. Each coach has his own responsibility and Les just seems to dip in and out to help when needed. Create levels that can be blamed a trick learnt from the CiC..

Kofi.. there will be some that will take offence at your suggestion that the CiC was a 2LT after all at last count he set two records in the army one of which can never be taken from him. I am advised he has the photo hanging on the wall of the men he led on that record breaking venture and that like Paddy Mayne the only thing missing is the VC.

We have a born leader in charge, a man that everything he touched in his business career turned to gold, a man with the Midas touch, a man who was responsible for getting Russia to drink Coca-Cola, a leader of men ... well I for one would like to see some form of leadership and soon.

Kiss is turning out to be a fraud just like the CiC.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

I think the fact that every match its nearly a different player between 9 and 14, or different combination of, must make it hard to develop any continuity. When I saw the team on Thursday I decided not to stay at home and watch it, took the family out instead and forgot all about it. I have recorded it on the off chance something magical happened but I'll be deleting it. Glad next weeks match is on BT sport.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/spor ... 68071.html

My understanding is that Niall's primary role is analysis but he will take part in defence and/or skills sessions as and when requested by the coaches responsible for those roles. i.e. he works under the direction of one of the other coaches for those sessions.
Did I suggest otherwise.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Cockatrice wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:

One thing Kiss learnt from the CiC is how to spread the load and as such push the blame elsewhere. Each coach has his own responsibility and Les just seems to dip in and out to help when needed. Create levels that can be blamed a trick learnt from the CiC..

Kofi.. there will be some that will take offence at your suggestion that the CiC was a 2LT after all at last count he set two records in the army one of which can never be taken from him. I am advised he has the photo hanging on the wall of the men he led on that record breaking venture and that like Paddy Mayne the only thing missing is the VC.

We have a born leader in charge, a man that everything he touched in his business career turned to gold, a man with the Midas touch, a man who was responsible for getting Russia to drink Coca-Cola, a leader of men ... well I for one would like to see some form of leadership and soon.

Kiss is turning out to be a fraud just like the CiC.
I have heard it say, that he was the youngest ever to pass out of the Sandhurst in a hundred years,brave claim to make as you can't go to Sandhurst until you 18th Birthday. I suppose that's akin to me saying I was the youngest ever 4th former to play Medallion Schools Rugby I beat Sammy Wilson by one day, he was 4th April I was 3rd of April 1953. Sammy never forgive me for taking that title,Anyway it's nice for the CV.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Hang on a minute I previously posted that I was at a motivational business talk in Edinburgh when the guy who was an ex-squady said he was the youngest ever commissioned officer in the British Army.

Plus if I can pick up on a small point Gerald you said pass out of Sandhurst is that the same as terminated.

Anyhow back to rugby we lack leadership on the pitch that is something that has been well discussed in the past but we also lack leadership off the pitch and when you look and see what we have you realise why we are amatueurville...
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Pass out in Sandhurst is when you go face down standing to attention on parade, not much of a boast on your cv I would have thought.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Passing out is a ceremony that takes place when you complete your training
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I think what we see with Kiss is just the same old BS coming out each week and as FEZ says a little bit of honesty is needed. However if that honesty does leak out in say 3-4 weeks time do we as I suspect we will say well done for being honest we now forgive you for all that has gone before... that is after all the Ulster Way.

We accept Walter Mitty's and some that even masquerade as tough Saffers but in the end they can all be seen through.. yet we will keep them because they are nice people.