Moderators?

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Moderators?

Post by Snipe Watson »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:Good post Fermain :salut: Have to say I agree with Scranner about new posters arriving and getting uppity about forum etiquette but that's just my opinion.

My tuppence worth?? Some of you just need to man up ffs, I'm a woman and you don't see me getting all sensitive about some of the stuff that Kofi & Welder tries to aim at me on occasion :stir: :stir:

I'm obviously being facetious (for those of you with a sensitive disposition of course) but as Bazz says, just because you are offended doesn't make you right >seeya
its those self righteous maggots that plague Facebook coming on here being offended and no dangly bits, i just love WW dangly bits :duck: , Columbo man the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck up take a dose of cement syrup .
Alternatively why should anybody be abused for being wrong, stupid or both? And I'm not saying Columbo was any or all of those, but the level of civility in these parts needs to take an upward step.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Alternatively why should anybody be abused for being wrong, stupid or both? And I'm not saying Columbo was any or all of those, but the level of civility in these parts needs to take an upward step
Oh for fucks sake.jpg
Oh for fucks sake.jpg (220.59 KiB) Viewed 1732 times
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Moderators?

Post by Wee Woman »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:Good post Fermain :salut: Have to say I agree with Scranner about new posters arriving and getting uppity about forum etiquette but that's just my opinion.

My tuppence worth?? Some of you just need to man up ffs, I'm a woman and you don't see me getting all sensitive about some of the stuff that Kofi & Welder tries to aim at me on occasion :stir: :stir:

I'm obviously being facetious (for those of you with a sensitive disposition of course) but as Bazz says, just because you are offended doesn't make you right >seeya
its those self righteous maggots that plague Facebook coming on here being offended and no dangly bits, i just love WW dangly bits :duck: , Columbo man the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck up take a dose of cement syrup .
Alternatively why should anybody be abused for being wrong, stupid or both? And I'm not saying Columbo was any or all of those, but the level of civility in these parts needs to take an upward step.
Forever the gentleman Snipe, I consider myself suitably admonished.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Wee Woman wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:

Forever the gentleman Snipe, I consider myself suitably admonished.
One does make an effort. :lol: :lol:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Why does anyone have to act with civility? Don't we have the right to offend?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:Why does anyone have to act with civility? Don't we have the right to offend?
Who ya gonna call?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:Why does anyone have to act with civility? Don't we have the right to offend?
Who ya gonna call?
I don't know.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:The forum is anonymous unless you actually tell someone you are on here. I know some posters know each other in real life. If someone writes something defamatory on here it's not about you unless they actually know you, any reference would be about your online persona. I'm no legal eagle but I usually ignore any abuse or any attempt to drag you into a slegging match.
Yeah I think this is a reasonable point Dave.

That being said there is still a limit I feel. Consistent and strong abuse in this scenario just makes it not worth it for the person on the receiving end who is trying to engage in some good discussion and debate on a subject he / she enjoys. For others viewing same it can become tiresome. Banter is good and I have had much fun over the last 7 years on here with mostly folk I don't know at all and some who I do.

If I don't know someone and call them a langer is it worse , better or the same as if I do know them and call them a langer? Now that is a poser. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote:The forum is anonymous unless you actually tell someone you are on here. I know some posters know each other in real life. If someone writes something defamatory on here it's not about you unless they actually know you, any reference would be about your online persona. I'm no legal eagle but I usually ignore any abuse or any attempt to drag you into a slegging match.
Yeah I think this is a reasonable point Dave.

That being said there is still a limit I feel. Consistent and strong abuse in this scenario just makes it not worth it for the person on the receiving end who is trying to engage in some good discussion and debate on a subject he / she enjoys. For others viewing same it can become tiresome. Banter is good and I have had much fun over the last 7 years on here with mostly folk I don't know at all and some who I do.

If I don't know someone and call them a langer is it worse , better or the same as if I do know them and call them a langer? Now that is a poser. :D
You call me a langer ye big.....big....Langer ye............. >minigun
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Why would you not want to act with civility?

Not if you abide by the forum rules.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Snipe Watson wrote:

They don't have our values snipe - different generation :stir: >EW :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

pwrmoore wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

They don't have our values snipe - different generation :stir: >EW :lol: :lol: :lol:
There's not many of us left Paul...... :lol:
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Surely it's just one rule: don't be a dick.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

shamalicious wrote:Surely it's just one rule: don't be a dick.
That is just one rule?

Typo
Last edited by Snipe Watson on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
shamalicious wrote:Surely it's just one rule: don't be a dick.
What is just one rule?
Life