Coach of the Year Awards.

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

bazzaj

Re: Coach of the Year Awards.

Post by bazzaj »

Beckham never missed a chance to take his top off wee woman.
Don`t see much of that in female sports sadly.

Face it sex sells in sports nowadays like it or not.
There is a reason why women's beach volleyball is a massive draw.
Funny that you never see people looking like Rosanne Barr doing sky sports news.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Once a Knight wrote:No fight, not even a short one Dave.

As Kofi can confirm, I'm overly sensitive about this subject at the minute as some people that I regard highly are now unemployed.

Cockatrice unfairly drew my fire. I detest with a passion American "sexing up" women's sport which in my current mood sparked my ire. I know Cockatrice to be a decent fellow and accordingly I apologise and hope that it will be accepted in the spirit it is given.
OaK.. no need to apologise I fully understand and support your view on the current debacle surrounding the loss of coaching jobs in areas of rugby within Ulster. At a time when Irish rugby for women continues to be on the rise UR appear to be pulling the plug on hard working coaches and taking a backward step. I personally think that it is a disgrace that UR are not taking this responsibility more seriously particularly as growing the local game at these levels is for some at UR a KPI.

It was another poster that drew negative reference to females playing rugby I simply pointed out that the level of commitment and indeed technic from the Irish ladies was in my opinion surprising high. Just a pity that there was no northern representation there to sing 'I'll tell me Ma' after the game with the rest of the girls and from what appears to be happening it may be a long time before we get any numbers into the squad.

Ulster may indeed be a product and we may never have enough NZ fullbacks but this then impacts at other levels of the game and maybe only those like yourself that give up their free time week in week out fully see this.
Last edited by Cockatrice on Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Dave wrote:Well that de-escalated quickly...
I am still at peace maker
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Cockatrice wrote:
Once a Knight wrote:No fight, not even a short one Dave.

As Kofi can confirm, I'm overly sensitive about this subject at the minute as some people that I regard highly are now unemployed.

Cockatrice unfairly drew my fire. I detest with a passion American "sexing up" women's sport which in my current mood sparked my ire. I know Cockatrice to be a decent fellow and accordingly I apologise and hope that it will be accepted in the spirit it is given.
OaK.. no need to apologise I fully understand and support your view on the current debacle surrounding the loss of coaching jobs in areas of rugby within Ulster. At a time when Irish rugby for women continues to be on the rise UR appear to be pulling the plug on hard working coaches and taking a backward step. I personally think that it is a disgrace that UR are not taking this responsibility more seriously particularly as growing the local game at these levels is for some at UR a KPI.

It was another poster that drew negative reference to females playing rugby I simply pointed out that the level of commitment and indeed technic from the Irish ladies was in my opinion surprising high. Just a pity that there was no northern representation there to sing 'I'll tell me Ma' after the game with the rest of the girls and from what appears to be happening it may be a long time before we get any numbers into the squad.

Ulster may indeed be a product and we may never have enough NZ fullbacks but this then impacts at other levels of the game and maybe only those like yourself that give up their free time week in week out fully see this.
Totally agree with every word of that cockers well said.
Its people like you and oncer who are battling the disgusting gender prejudices within the sport

Btw you got any more footage of those scantily clad tarts playing American football?
Me and the lads are loving that!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote:Beckham never missed a chance to take his top off wee woman.
Don`t see much of that in female sports sadly.

Face it sex sells in sports nowadays like it or not.
There is a reason why women's beach volleyball is a massive draw.
Funny that you never see people looking like Rosanne Barr doing sky sports news.
Quite right Jizzer, quite right indeed, every word you say is true .................................... always assuming you are a
anchor.gif
anchor.gif (5.54 KiB) Viewed 1212 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Very definitely Bagster, Jizzer.by name.
Hence my penchant for the afore mentioned scantily clad football girls.
No denial on my part and I defy any man to say they are anything but.
Elderly are considered exempt so I guess that rules out yourself and the majority on here.

UAFC
Unreasonable Aged Fogey Cant think of a 'C'.