All-Ireland bid to stage 2023 RWC

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: All-Ireland bid to stage 2023 RWC

Post by Shan »

Russ wrote:In a bid to influence the bid BoD has announced he now lives as a gay man

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Pity Kevin Spacey isn't on the committee.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Are Ireland still begging?

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Irish Govt has confirmed they are still fully supporting the bid. We won't give up until the end.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:Are Ireland still begging?

They asked Germany for the loan of a decent city.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:Irish Govt has confirmed they are still fully supporting the bid. We won't give up until the end.
I thought Ireland was a neutral country, how dare they engage in bid hostilities.

As for you young Toryboy, Ireland having been financially embarrassed less than a decade ago have risen to the lofty heights of being a net contributor to the EU or so I read during the last couple of weeks. I assume sucking Apple's balls did the economy no harm.

The obvious conclusion is that any country without a single rugby stadium worth a tuppenny fu'ck has no business asking to be given the games great white elephant - the RWC, leave it to countries who can do these things well - France, even if I fully agree with Peter Clohessy & hate the foul-breathed cheese devouring surrender monkey vermin.

Nice country, great stadia, shyte people in Paris, elsewhere more tolerable barring the reek of garlic. :thumleft: (I may have exaggerated a smidgeon of that. :lol: )
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Gwan away and lie down Baggy for feck sake. It is pretty obvious that despite an "independent" review being done it is a FIFA style recommendation. RSA ahead of France in any category is so ridiculous only a clown could believe it is above board. Imagine holding a RWC in Zimbabwe. That is what it will amount to by then.

I can take losing out to France but it is an opportunity missed by World Rugby not to give it to a country which has not held it before. Whatever issues are there we could deal with. We have 6 years.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:Gwan away and lie down Baggy for feck sake. It is pretty obvious that despite an "independent" review being done it is a FIFA style recommendation. RSA ahead of France in any category is so ridiculous only a clown could believe it is above board. Imagine holding a RWC in Zimbabwe. That is what it will amount to by then.

I can take losing out to France but it is an opportunity missed by World Rugby not to give it to a country which has not held it before. Whatever issues are there we could deal with. We have 6 years.
I have certain sympathy for your aspirations despite my antipathy for the FIRFUscum, but I fear you are hugely wrong in that 60 years would not resolve the problems.

These include:

- previously profitable Ulster will make a loss
- Munster haven't a pot to pish in
- Connacht have a pitifully small ground
- Mexico rent a ground having eventually outgrown Donkeybrook
- All provinces are struggling to retain players with the required salaries spiralling
- Not one rugby ground in the country large enough for an RWC semi-final, not even the
Greenhouse/Bogbowl

Whilst picking the bones out of that lot, ask yourself where the money for the stadia would come from? Where the money would go, rugby stadia or GAA stadia? Where is the RWC legacy to Irish rugby in the FIRFU improving GAA stadia? Ask defuq why do you produce suitable rugby facilities to host teams in the likes of Killarney as was apparently in the plan, what sort of fu'ckwittery is that?

Nah, shouldn't have applied, neither stadia nor infrastructure available, wanting it to be otherwise doesn't make it so.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I don't care about that. We can come up with hundreds of reasons why we should never get out of bed in the morning too. I am sick of the old mentality in Ireland. Weaknesses are opportunities to overcome. I believe we can do anything if we are presented with a challenge.

That does not mean I am unaware of the problems and the areas which require development. I know we have some stadium issues. I know that some of the proposed venues need work. I also know that NZ had RWC matches in stadiums and towns you'd think twice about banishing yer worst enemy too. They said "feck it we can make it work" and so do I.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Of course it would work Shan, that is the central issue, it always works when “games” are awarded in any sport.

Every good reason to take it to a new major playing country, fairness almost demands it. But once some penpushing fûck decides to wrap it in a mystery called something like a predecision recommendation, all sorts of bullshit comes in such as “previous hosting” so the in crowd have an inbuilt advantage in the process.

You’re probably not far off the mark with FIFA.

Still the FIRFU are heart broken so that’ll do me.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BOD out
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Ireland now trying to rubbish SA. Talking about crime
We have the IRA mate

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:Ireland now trying to rubbish SA. Talking about crime
We have the IRA mate

We should have used the whole peace process bla bla bla...let's all have a group hug thing that SA did.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Russ wrote: We have the IRA mate

May I suggest 0232 652155 ?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:

No you may not

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Russ wrote:
BR wrote:

No you may not

On your own conscience be it.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk