Tory Leadership Thread

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Tory Leadership Thread

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
This is typically simplistic, sensationalist journalism which all the papers now seem to prefer to proper time consuming analysis.
It's easy to pick holes in any politicians record when you don't take the time to examine all of her record or the reasons why she voted the way she did. How many of those votes were free, how many where whipped and how many lines? A proper investigation would take time.

She has set out her stall. Let's see what she delivers.

NB. I see when i read down through the comments that most of what I have said has been addressed by others.
Aye and like you they are probably not strangers to blowing smoke out of their arses and up other people's. If you are saying that Barrenness May has been a good girl and muddled along thinking one thing but consistently voting differently then I think calling this simplistic is a bit naive for one so expert.

Many MPs go along year after year making the occasional statement but never really raising their heads above the parapet, and she appears to have done this to an amazing extent even with the senior job of Home Secretary, but one thing, one of the very few things we can hold our MOs to book on is how they have voted on serious issues.

I'd say before you dismissed this in your high handed manner perhaps it is you who should have had a look at her voting record and advised us then that the independents piece was purely simplistic and sensationalist. Instead you give us what? A layer of bullshit opinion to slap on the rest. :duh:
Away up the yarda. Are you seriously trying to say that is a piece of high quality incisive journalism? If you are, your standards of research and evidence are clearly much lower than mine. I'm saying the piece is lightweight, lacking in depth and context. Designed to push a few buttons for the casual reader without any appreciation of the realities of parliamentary party politics, it's poor, halfhearted journalism. For the most part, politicians follow the party line and vote accordingly.
Once more putting unspoken words into my mouth :roll:

I'm saying your dismissal of how an MP votes is ludicrous, not a lot more than that. What other than a voting record does the average Joe have, the occasional sound bite? Very occasionally personal experience, occasionally some involvement in a local issue that makes you approve.

I have looked at my MPs voting record and it doesn't always please me, here it is:https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10958 ... down/votes

Frequently not how I would have voted, her saving grace however is she's not a DUPer.

If you've a better idea of how to judge an MP, I'm all ears.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote: Away up the yarda. Are you seriously trying to say that is a piece of high quality incisive journalism? If you are, your standards of research and evidence are clearly much lower than mine. I'm saying the piece is lightweight, lacking in depth and context. Designed to push a few buttons for the casual reader without any appreciation of the realities of parliamentary party politics, it's poor, halfhearted journalism. For the most part, politicians follow the party line and vote accordingly.
Once more putting unspoken words into my mouth :roll: You're talking crap man. What words did I put in your mouth? None is the answer. I asked you a question and needless to say, you didn't answer it.

I'm saying your dismissal of how an MP votes is ludicrous, not a lot more than that. What other than a voting record does the average Joe have, the occasional sound bite? Very occasionally personal experience, occasionally some involvement in a local issue that makes you approve.

I have looked at my MPs voting record and it doesn't always please me, here it is:https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10958 ... down/votes

Frequently not how I would have voted, her saving grace however is she's not a DUPer.

:roll: The clue lies in the fact that your MP is an independent.
Maybe you think we should abandon the two party system parliamentary system altogether?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote: Away up the yarda. Are you seriously trying to say that is a piece of high quality incisive journalism? If you are, your standards of research and evidence are clearly much lower than mine. I'm saying the piece is lightweight, lacking in depth and context. Designed to push a few buttons for the casual reader without any appreciation of the realities of parliamentary party politics, it's poor, halfhearted journalism. For the most part, politicians follow the party line and vote accordingly.
Once more putting unspoken words into my mouth :roll: You're talking crap man. What words did I put in your mouth? None is the answer. I asked you a question and needless to say, you didn't answer it.

Maybe you think we should abandon the two party system parliamentary system altogether?

Schoolboy error ya eye rolling galoot, for huge numbers of those votes she was a member of the Unionist Party. Slack work big lad. The good Lady only became independent in 2009, and for very good reasons, gawd bless 'er anti-Tory heart. :cheers:

Want to try again? :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Yer a pair of eye-rolling galoots. :roll:

and yer both right ...... and wrong.

Snipe was talking present tense, Baggy was talking past tense. There was no contradiction (well, not much) >EW

Try actually reading what each wrote and answering the actual questions asked.

You have both been helped. :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I see Boris insultee Erdogan is in a spot of bovver.

The Foreign Secretary, is of course, 1/8 Turkish and his great-granddaddy was Turkish Interior Minister. No better man to nip over there and sort it out.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Yer a pair of eye-rolling galoots. :roll:

and yer both right ...... and wrong.

Snipe was talking present tense, Baggy was talking past tense. There was no contradiction (well, not much) >EW

Try actually reading what each wrote and answering the actual questions asked.

You have both been helped. :thumleft:
Who rattled your cage?

It was just another obvious piece of Snipe avoiding a simple question - how do you judge your MP, still no answer by the way.

And in other news, Turkey is in mid military coup and the Tories leading idiot Andrea Leadsom says: is "sensible" not to hire male nannies because they might be paedophiles.

How was this cretin so close to being elected PM by the old Tory farts in the Shires. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Who rattled your cage?
No one - I just felt like rattling yours ......

......and it worked :lol:
I'm not arguing -
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Snipe was talking present tense, Baggy was talking past tense.
Yes, I do like to live in the present with an eye to the future. Your Baggy analysis is spot on. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Schoolboy error ya eye rolling galoot, for huge numbers of those votes she was a member of the Unionist Party. Slack work big lad. The good Lady only became independent in 2009, and for very good reasons, gawd bless 'er anti-Tory heart. :cheers:

Want to try again? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not really. you'll only accuse me of: putting words in your mouth, not answering the question (even when I wasn't asked a question), tell me I have lost all reason or similar.............. G'wan :thumleft:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:Not really. you'll only accuse me of: putting words in your mouth, not answering the question (even when I wasn't asked a question), tell me I have lost all reason or similar.............. G'wan :thumleft:
Is that not putting words in his mouth? :scratch:
I'm not arguing -
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Not really. you'll only accuse me of: putting words in your mouth, not answering the question (even when I wasn't asked a question), tell me I have lost all reason or similar.............. G'wan :thumleft:
Is that not putting words in his mouth? :scratch:
Nah, he chucks those at me regularly.