Ulster v Dragoons

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Dragoons

Post by Cockatrice »

Dave wrote:Passing out is a ceremony that takes place when you complete your training
whats terminated?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Gerald the Mole wrote:https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/spor ... 68071.html

It would appear that Niall does, SKILLS, DEFENCE and ANALYST.
Don't believe everything you read in the papers Gerald I once read we had signed the Chief Executive of the RNIB and the Head of Coca-Cola in Russia... both those are incorrect as well.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cockatrice wrote:
Dave wrote:Passing out is a ceremony that takes place when you complete your training
whats terminated?
I'm not a military man. Discharged I think? Dishonourable discharge if you're sacked?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Wouldn't it be nice to get Farrell up here for few weeks as he did in Munster a while back? Just a pipe dream I know.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

jean valjean wrote:Wouldn't it be nice to get Farrell up here for few weeks as he did in Munster a while back? Just a pipe dream I know.

Farrell was coaching munster last week

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

jean valjean wrote:Wouldn't it be nice to get Farrell up here for few weeks as he did in Munster a while back? Just a pipe dream I know.

Feck I thought you meant Chris... wouldn’t that be the ultimate insult to the man that invented Irish defence..
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Would Ireland have Les back?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Dave wrote:Would Ireland have Les back?
dave... he's simply the best better than all the rest.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cockatrice wrote:
With the answer being no, as Andy Farrell is a much better defensive coach, was Les given a sideways heave-ho?
Vanhelsing
Novice

Post by Vanhelsing »

Very average performance from a very average team of ulstermen. I think we deserve to see Ulster immensely improve over the next few games or we are in deep brad pitt again.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Dave wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
With the answer being no, as Andy Farrell is a much better defensive coach, was Les given a sideways heave-ho?
You do begin to wonder don't you...
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

What annoys me is that, like a mug, I bought, hook, line and sinker the CiC's pronouncement that Kiss was worth waiting for. :duh: :duh: :duh:

In mitigation of my stupidity, it was based more on the fact that I still had some respect for Boy in Blue, Schmidt and felt he would not countenance a deadbeat in his coaching team, than any belief in the words of Fit.

It is now very clear that we bought a Ferrari body with a Fiat 500 engine, it looked right, but was a pustule of the vilest puss awaiting squeezing. Needs a trip to the crusher.

Now LOOK, thinking back to Ulster's attempt to fight back after the Dragoons hit them with a quickfire 1,2,3, the clock was red when we got a penalty 5 metres out. Charless got the ball in hands and without even a hint of a quick one against a disorganized defence, he did what he did all night, ran straight into 3 or 4 sweaties.

We are told that Charless is world-class, the best player in this league, I beg to differ, he's not even the best fullback at Ulster. He is, of course, a winger of international class. Briefly, towards the end of last season, it appeared that Kiss had accepted that he had been a dickhead for months & Charless played the end of the season mainly on the wing.

Am I alone in noticing that in the majority of games against shyte like Treviso or the Dragoons, Charless does very little else but try to beat lesser players out of his way physically rather than blind them with skill. Can he not be bothered? He's away in 6 months, he looks to be playing his own game and feck it being a team sport.

However, does anyone think Charless ever considered that the penalty in added time could have been kicked for the lineout, which clearly we would have lost, or a scrum which may have been dodgy? You could suggest he knew we'd feck up either, but to me, it looked like either he didn't know the options or he was just playing the Charles Piutau Show. Anyway blushes partially saved by our pseudo outhalf and the missed kick to win it was just Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ULSTER.

Another appalling performance barring 10 minutes near the start & 15 in the second half before going all Ulster.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cockatrice wrote:
Dave wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
You do begin to wonder don't you...
Well his incompetence is glaringly obvious for us all to see. Does anyone think that Joe would not have realised when working so closely with him? Joe fffs
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Schmidt inherited Kiss from Deccie, kept him for 2 years but of course, the 2nd year he was already betrothed to Ulster, so happy to lose him after a year, albeit the Irish defence only conceded 3 tries in the 6Ns in year 1 under Schmidt.

Suppose you have a point, Dave. Sometimes it's hard to remember the chronology of these things. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Only morons can complain about a game where 10 trys are scored and the result depended on the last kick of the game.

With the King of the “homers” as referee it was never a sure win and like any welsh team at home if they get into your 22 they raise their game substantially .

Henson always had An eye for the half chance and with an inexperienced backrow the defence was always going to be iffy but the biggest let down was Charles who has forgotten how to pass and provide support and has swallowed the Kearney guidelines for playing full back .

It is easy to identify the negatives in the game but let’s be honest there were also positives nice to see Gilroy on the score sheet and both trys required white line determination it is also worth of note it would have been easy to hang back and let the last easy scored Dragons try get at you but they lifted themselves up to score again with 2 mins on the clock .

But hey ho according to Cockatrice Ulster woes are all down to a seven year old dodgy CV of Logan if only the cure for a weak defence was so easy !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist