Munster versus a side they are expected to beat.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Re: Munster versus a side they are expected to beat.

Post by Joe Schmo »

jackthelad wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:Wonder what's up with Piatau, his performances have been disappointing over the last 3 or 4 games but today was totally worse, he completely dropped off a cliff, right down to Stu olding level. Next year is going to be 2008 all over again.
He is injured and should not have played. Rather than skiving as some less than nimble minds have suggested he was actually trying to do the right thing for his team. Sadly it back fired.
well thats fecking dumb, playing an inured player with a fit one on the bench nearly as dumb as describing people who weren't aware of an injury as having "less than nimble minds" - what are we,fecking mind readers? - by that assertion most of the Ulster team are carrying a fecking injury and shouldn't have fecking played. Feck me, I'm off.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Wee Woman wrote:I'm meeting Jurassic Park dinosaurs at Universal Studios right now.

Altogether much more fun than supporting Ulster although they could probably do with moving some of their dinosaurs on Image.
I preferred Disney
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Wee Woman wrote:I'm meeting Jurassic Park dinosaurs at Universal Studios right now.

Altogether much more fun than supporting Ulster although they could probably do with moving some of their dinosaurs on Image.
Harsh dear very harsh , but while your there could you go to Disneyland and ask Goofy if he us free to do CEO
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ulster managed to drag Munster down to their level and make it a scrappy game.

Decent LBP given the Ospreys result. Big Stu needs to be at 12. Charlie needs a kick up the derriere.

Huge game in Swansea in 2 weeks. Their form has crashed, you never know.

Munster will need to improve a lot otherwise Sarries will win easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

jean valjean wrote:On the rushed drop the biggest mistake was going back left after the initial burst by big stu. Another round the corner carry would have left paddy right in front of the posts. Once we went left we were always losing ground and i think ruan decided we are only going backwards from here. Just the usual dumb game management that we have come to expect.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

PJ is a tough wee nut but has form for ducking out of positions when a winning field goal is ON.
Something similar happened after 70 minutes last week.

Today instead of getting involved in the ruck that followed the Henderson truck up, He should have known NOW was the moment to set up the back pass catch, slotted right and licked the ball between the sticks.
He'll have to be more vocal next year when he becomes the dominant half back.
Last edited by lw7 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Whenever I slotted a drop goal, the chalk of the touch line was the perfect place.

Obviously everything is the coaches fault but fucck me, shouldn't international backs be able to catch a fuccking ball?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

222toHounslow wrote:Whenever I slotted a drop goal, the chalk of the touch line was the perfect place.

Obviously everything is the coaches fault but fucck me, shouldn't international backs be able to catch a fuccking ball?
depends how it's thrown err passed to them.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

A lot of sloppy rugby played by both sides, but Ulster were the sloppier, especially in the handling department, dropping many passes all game.
Poor old Stockdale had a bit of a shocker - he waved the Munster SH through for their first try, and Andrew Conway was running around him at will.
Olding gets worse and worse.
And Piutau - if he were really carring an injury then he should not have been playing.
It's tough to watch your team playing this kind of crap.
Rory Best is still a total warrior and would be my Lions hooker.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Rory played himself out of the Lions.

I can't believe CP is injured tbh. More and more a waste of money, and I wouldn't be sorry to see him go with LK, Doak and Clarke.

Stockdale should've started wing or centre. He's not a fullback regardless of the u20 RWC.
That was a day for Cave or Ludik or both. Maybe even McCloskey and Stockdale 12 and 13. SO was brutal again. Is there something on his mind?

Reidy was magnificent however. We are lucky to have got him for nothing. Who looks more worth £500k?
With a proper back row, he's Henrys successor at 7.

Bizarrely Ulster had a slight edge in the scrums, bar 1 penalty against a much vaunted Munter 5. AOC and Treadwell both turned up. Not as huge a difference up front as we thought. The damage was done 12-15.
Exterminate all rational thought
Jockster
Squire

Post by Jockster »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:Rory played himself out of the Lions.
Not sure how you could say that. His leadership and all round game has generally been excellent-true warrior!!
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:Rory played himself out of the Lions.

I didn't see him do a whole lot wrong today.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Neill_M wrote:Ulster managed to drag Munster down to their level and make it a scrappy game.

Decent LBP given the Ospreys result. Big Stu needs to be at 12. Charlie needs a kick up the derriere.

Huge game in Swansea in 2 weeks. Their form has crashed, you never know.

Munster will need to improve a lot otherwise Sarries will win easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't surprise me if Ulster beat Ospreys. Olding has regressed. Shame as he has a ton of natural ability.

Feck Sarries. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

solidarity wrote:Why do we make so many mistakes? We area team and a group of individuals who are ill at ease with themselves. No confidence at all. Why? Must be backroom issues of one sort or another.
I watch top end national league 2 south rugby when not watching Ulster and the handling is much better.

You can't blame the coaches for some of those howlers today.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

damianmcr wrote:

I preferred Disney
So do I although The Simpsons part at Universal is class, even had a Duff in Moes Tavern yesterday which was class.

Don't think you can beat Disneys Magic Kingdom, best of the bunch.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Gerald the Mole wrote:

Harsh dear very harsh , but while your there could you go to Disneyland and ask Goofy if he us free to do CEO
Consider it done Image