Benetton Treviso v Ulster Sun 2pm UK Time BBCNI

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Re: Benetton Treviso v Ulster Sun 2pm UK Time BBCNI

Post by Gary »

Jared Payne
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

I think Irish games, the Lions and big Ulster games have shown that on occasion Rory struggles to zoom out from his own performance and manage the game in the bigger picture. the throwing yips don't help. A van der Merwe - Pienaar axis could work as second captains if nothing else, when Franco talks people seem to listen.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I would have Van the Man as our captain.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Loki wrote:I think Irish games, the Lions and big Ulster games have shown that on occasion Rory struggles to zoom out from his own performance and manage the game in the bigger picture. the throwing yips don't help. A van der Merwe - Pienaar axis could work as second captains if nothing else, when Franco talks people seem to listen.
I was thinking this is a cracking post until you suggested Ruan as a vice captain. The gifted one should be left to handle his own game and nothing more. Giving him a captaincy role would be like strapping a thoroughbred into a cart.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Ok, plain and simple Cave was sick during the week and was only there to play one half anyway, he knew it and was not pished off about being subbed, in fact I think he did pretty well going at all when he could have cried off and got his 150th cap at home in Ravenhill instead of Toulon this weekend.
So scrap conspiracy theories and thoughts he was mad about being subbed as he was just sick.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Gary wrote:Jared Payne
Just thinking back to when we actually were a decent side

Payne was in control from the back of the field.
Between Payne and Cave managing our outer backs and Payne demanding ball from first receiver / off PJ we had a flowing backline

Payne at 13 ruins all of this