Allen Clarke Returns to Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Allen Clarke Returns to Ulster

Post by Snipe Watson »

Scranner wrote:I still think BMcL has been treated shabbily by UR. Anscombe has a lot to live up to. I could understand if UR had appointed a "world class" :roll: coach to replace McGlocks but ...

I'm surprised he hasn't moved on yet. After all a coach who brought his side to the HEC final must be valued by someone - since clearly UR don't value him
Why Scranner? We have been here ad nauseam.
None of us know the internal workings of UR, none of us know how good a coach McGlock is or who was doing most of the coaching in the Ulster team, although if rumour is to be believed............
I find it rather ironic that Humph is universally acknowledged as having done an excellent job with signings yet when he replaces the head coach, he’s a back stabbing charlatan.
How much of the cup run was down to McGlock's coaching?
Why hasn't he been snapped up?

ps. remember we finished 6th in the league.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Snipe Watson wrote:ps. remember we finished 6th in the league.

And we'll probably NEVER have the luxury of a European semi agianst the 11th placed team again.
ulsterham
Novice

Post by ulsterham »

Time will tell how good or bad the decisions regarding head coach have been.
However, I can assure everybody that the work being done at the Ulster age group levels, U18 and U19 age groups, is vastly superior to what happened last year.
Without going into too much detail, both McGlocks and Allen Clarke are heavily involved with these groups and if this continues, it can only be good for the future of Ulster rugby.
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

ulsterham wrote:Without going into too much detail, both McGlocks and Allen Clarke are heavily involved with these groups and if this continues, it can only be good for the future of Ulster rugby.
I wish you, or SOMEONE would go into a bit of detail - because from the outside it's unintelligibly messy, there's a huge number of cooks, and it's not at all clear that the broth will remain unspoiled!
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
Hamsterdam
Novice

Post by Hamsterdam »

Only detail I am aware of I'd that McGlock isn't heading our academy and has a schools liaison role.
Would be surprised if he is satisfied with that.
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Scranner wrote:I still think BMcL has been treated shabbily by UR. Anscombe has a lot to live up to. I could understand if UR had appointed a "world class" :roll: coach to replace McGlocks but ...

I'm surprised he hasn't moved on yet. After all a coach who brought his side to the HEC final must be valued by someone - since clearly UR don't value him
Why Scranner? We have been here ad nauseam.
None of us know the internal workings of UR, none of us know how good a coach McGlock is or who was doing most of the coaching in the Ulster team, although if rumour is to be believed............
I find it rather ironic that Humph is universally acknowledged as having done an excellent job with signings yet when he replaces the head coach, he’s a back stabbing charlatan.
How much of the cup run was down to McGlock's coaching?
Why hasn't he been snapped up?

ps. remember we finished 6th in the league.
If McGlocks wasn't doing the coaching that brought us to the 1/4s of the HEC and the semis of the Magners season before last, why was he kept on for another year? IMO the only reason we finished 6th in the Rabo this year was because of lack of depth in the squad so that it came down to concentration on the Heinie at the expense of the Rabo. And when we thought we might win the cup, I didn't hear anyone complaining.

I'm not saying that there aren't better coaches than BMcL and I'm not saying that we shouldn't aspire to better but what is there about Anscombe's record that would indicate that he's the man? Anyway my main complaint is about the way in which it was all allowed to happen and the way in which there has still been no clarification by UR as to what his actual role is. A prophet in his own country and all that!!
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

ulsterham wrote:Time will tell how good or bad the decisions regarding head coach have been.
However, I can assure everybody that the work being done at the Ulster age group levels, U18 and U19 age groups, is vastly superior to what happened last year.
Without going into too much detail, both McGlocks and Allen Clarke are heavily involved with these groups and if this continues, it can only be good for the future of Ulster rugby.

Heard the same sort of whisper,could take 3-4 years for people to start seeing the benefit.
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine