Okay then, "The Phoney War"

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Okay then, "The Phoney War"

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan, thanks for that, I even agreed with a fair bit of it.

On POM though, though I did enjoy his performance, he could be fecking brighter, cuter or less feckin' stupid.

The shoulder charge, for which he may well be cited by the way if viewed harshly, was dumb, but he also got done, a little harshly as it turned out on the replay, for grabbing a led in de lineout, that particular loss of an attacking position due to stupidity wrecks my head.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Okay then,

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:Image
That photo of Launchbury is a gift that just keeps on giving. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
That photo of Launchbury is a gift that just keeps on giving. Image Image Image
Have great pleasure posting it and will continue to post it over and over
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

England-eh4.jpg
England-eh4.jpg (49.54 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Shan, thanks for that, I even agreed with a fair bit of it.

On POM though, though I did enjoy his performance, he could be fecking brighter, cuter or less feckin' stupid.

The shoulder charge, for which he may well be cited by the way if viewed harshly, was dumb, but he also got done, a little harshly as it turned out on the replay, for grabbing a led in de lineout, that particular loss of an attacking position due to stupidity wrecks my head.
The problem with POM is that his borderline lunacy is a vital part of his value to Ireland. A sanitised POM would be another Robbie Diack without the vineyard.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
The Engerlish public voted for the MOTM.

You really can't trust an Englishman to make the right decision :roll:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

That's not correct but don't let that stand in the way of your xenophobia

Mastercard control the MOTM award. They shortlist 3 and ask Twitter to vote using hashtags

It is open to a world vote

Just so happens the game was on at UK prime time and England has a huge number of narcissistic people on twitter, as well as 99% of people on twitter being marketers or trolls
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

England-eh7.jpg
England-eh7.jpg (10.9 KiB) Viewed 1133 times
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

That's not correct but don't let that stand in the way of your xenophobia

Mastercard control the MOTM award. They shortlist 3 and ask Twitter to vote using hashtags

It is open to a world vote

Just so happens the game was on at UK prime time and England has a huge number of narcissistic people on twitter, as well as 99% of people on twitter being marketers or trolls
So, essentially, I was correct?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Jackie Brown wrote:I would love to see Fitzwasteofspace up against France at 12.
You're not on your own.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/34450473
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

justinr73 wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:I would love to see Fitzwasteofspace up against France at 12.
You're not on your own.
Et tu Stevie. :duh:
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
justinr73 wrote:
You're not on your own.
After reading that you have to ask yerself - is Stevie writing his own column (or indeed autobiography) or is this the work of some faceless hack who knows where to put the commas, writing under Stevies monniker, even if Stevie himsele is supplying the opinons. Doesn't quite sound like the big lad, does it?
Unlike D'Arcy's excellent pieces in the Irish Times that you feel come straight from the horse's mouth.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Spiffsson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
justinr73 wrote:
You're not on your own.
After reading that you have to ask yerself - is Stevie writing his own column (or indeed autobiography) or is this the work of some faceless hack who knows where to put the commas, writing under Stevies monniker, even if Stevie himsele is supplying the opinons. Doesn't quite sound like the big lad, does it?
Unlike D'Arcy's excellent pieces in the Irish Times that you feel come straight from the horse's mouth.
The PR team at work again I am afraid
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Right through this I have been convinced that Joe is getting influenced in his team choices by the D4 Mafia and the longer it goes on the more convinced I am, the entire thing is not his style at all.
As for the French he might get very lucky and the French just forget they are playing in Cardiff otherwise it will be an England /Australia type massacre only worse.
He has fecked around with centre combinations so much that we have not seen 2 consecutive matches with the same players now how that can bed in as a stable partnership is beyond me, he has a batch of utility players in the squad that are jacks of all trades masters of none, the lads themselves are probably getting confused as to where they should be on the pitch.
A phoney war perhaps but it is asking a hell of a lot for everything to just suddenly fall into place next weekend and the way things have been going I really can't see it happening. Has he another gameplan ? I really doubt it as we have seen Ulster also playing Fibberball no doubt to keep the likes of Trimble and Gilroy sharp and ready if someone gets injured.

Roll on the end of the tournament and get back to some proper rugby.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best