ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Re: Medallion Shield

Post by ruckover »

Wallace beat Dromore 34-5.

Methody beat Coleraine Inst 48-5.

Wallace v Methody, Monday 12th March, Ravenhill, 3pm KO.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Anyone know if anyone looked like a potential superstar in those games? Anyone stand out?
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Bogbunny
Initiate

Post by Bogbunny »

breakdown wrote:Anyone know if anyone looked like a potential superstar in those games? Anyone stand out?
Ahmed and Nickoli looked very sharp for MCB and Cameron Fulton for CAI is a huge talent (very small though)

How good are Wallace this year?
Respect

A cavalier among pork swordsmen.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

What position is Cameron Fulton? Chatted to his brother a few times, he was a good player too. Dont think he plays anymore though.

Didnt see the Wallace game but from their Quarter Final they have looked fairly sharp. Andrew Weir (Peter Weir's brother, Ulster U19's scrum half) is a very big guy, carries well and fairly good round the park. No standout second rows but the Wallace 6 and 7 were fairly good, the 7 tackled all day. The have a very good 13, although hes a bit short he has serious speed, dont know his name either.
Bogbunny
Initiate

Post by Bogbunny »

breakdown wrote:What position is Cameron Fulton? Chatted to his brother a few times, he was a good player too. Dont think he plays anymore though.

Didnt see the Wallace game but from their Quarter Final they have looked fairly sharp. Andrew Weir (Peter Weir's brother, Ulster U19's scrum half) is a very big guy, carries well and fairly good round the park. No standout second rows but the Wallace 6 and 7 were fairly good, the 7 tackled all day. The have a very good 13, although hes a bit short he has serious speed, dont know his name either.
Cameron plays outhalf,great all round game including goal kicking but needs to eat up his weetabix
Respect

A cavalier among pork swordsmen.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Final looks to be a great match-up. Wallace and Methody both beaten each other once this year so it's down to who wants it more really.

Wallace are very good. Some real stars in there, Ben Pentland stands out as a good back rower. Very Ferris-like in the way he plays IMO.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

ruckover wrote:Final looks to be a great match-up. Wallace and Methody both beaten each other once this year so it's down to who wants it more really.

Wallace are very good. Some real stars in there, Ben Pentland stands out as a good back rower. Very Ferris-like in the way he plays IMO.
Is Ben the 6? Wasn't really impressed with him, nothing special really. The 7 looked good against Sullivan, tackled all day and was fairly vocal. Still, I think the best player in the Wallace Meds is their 13 but he's nothing special comparing him to some of the 13's this year or last year, Jack Owens and the RBAI 13 last year were both excellent. Owens was dynamic but the RBAI 13 had serious speed, both have stacks of potential.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Yeah Pentland is 6. Scored a try v Dromore by basically running through 4 guys. Pure battering ram and doesn't even look that big.

Conor Guiney is the 13. Good player alongside Andrew Irvine in the centre. Solid partnership, Guiney is probably just better as you say. Backline in general very good.

Some final it will be. Really looking forward to it.
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

MCB defeated Wallace 10-7 at Ravenhill today.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Excellent game between two good sides but Methody ran out deserved winners with a last gasp try. Some decent players on both sides but it was the Methody 10 and 13 that stood out for me. I am especially pleased for Methody coach Colin Martin who was so unlucky last year but now he has the Medallion Shield under his belt and the pleasure of seeing around five of last years Medallion side turning out for the first 15 next Monday in the Schools cup final with two starting plus Rudy Benade at fullback who was cruelly robbed of playing in last years Medallion competition due to his age falling just outside the required qualifying date. Roll on next Monday :cheers:
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Who stood out for Wallace? Is the Methody 13 Achmed?
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Wallace 6 was useful and MCB 13 was Achmed......proper battering ram...not subtle but certainly impacted on the game. Wallace tiny scrum half was a decent wee player but Methody just seemed to have that little bit more.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Beattie, you got it all wrong. Wallace were clearly the superior side and should have won, all the MCB coaches and players agreed with this. Ahmed was well marked out of the game. Never made that big an impact. MCB had several good players, 13 had a good game as did the scrum which I thought was marginally better. Thought the ref was poor. Sad to see Wallace 13 go off on a stretcher at the end, hope he's ok.

Well played MCB, but honestly, I think Wallace were just better and should've won. And a lot more people would agree with me than disagree.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ruckover wrote:Beattie, you got it all wrong. Wallace were clearly the superior side and should have won, all the MCB coaches and players agreed with this. Ahmed was well marked out of the game. Never made that big an impact. MCB had several good players, 13 had a good game as did the scrum which I thought was marginally better. Thought the ref was poor. Sad to see Wallace 13 go off on a stretcher at the end, hope he's ok.

Well played MCB, but honestly, I think Wallace were just better and should've won. And a lot more people would agree with me than disagree.
You're wasting your time. Beattie only sees one school.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Ruckover I honestly don't know what match you were at my friend, I really don't.The margins were small but Methody deservedly won the Medallion Shield.Wallace had a good twenty minutes in the second half and got their converted try to go in front but it was Methody who once again stormed back and just as they were about to score their winger knocked on,the resulting scrum was penalized in favour of Wallace who kicked to touch for a line out which Methody stole. It was the lad Achmed who then bombed towards the try line which resulted in Methodys winning try by young McCallister.
Yes Snipe you are correct old son..I support the Malone Road lad's...don't exactly hide my light under bushel in that respect. Wallace played an excellent game of rugby and-were dangerous all over the pitch and they played some lovely rugby but in the end,as I fairly pointed out,Methody just had that little bit more.