Pre Season Games 2022/23

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: Pre Season Games 2022/23

Post by StandUp »

Good to see Izzy back too.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Anybody know what sort of team Exter are sending? Similar to ours I assume, rather then a full blown first fifteen.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

solidarity wrote:Anybody know what sort of team Exter are sending? Similar to ours I assume, rather then a full blown first fifteen.
Been doing some hard-core marines stuff in pre season.

https://youtu.be/NasGa0qF-EM

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

solidarity wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:37 pm Anybody know what sort of team Exter are sending? Similar to ours I assume, rather then a full blown first fifteen.
Not named yet, they are playing Cornish Pirates on the Friday night also.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Santa caps and flegs are ready. Let the season begin.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

big mervyn wrote:
Thelaw wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:02 pm Honestly think Addison is a lost cause - yes KOTH I know you have a mancrush on him- and Luke is the past. I'm sure there must be one or two young centers ready to move up. Look at Humes progress. We need to trust in the kids- if that stupid SA tour goes ahead it's all we will have
Lukey last season showed enough to indicate that he's still got it.

Nothing agin the fella, but only Ulster would persist with Addison - now entering a 5th consecutive injury blighted season with only a paltry 26 appearances in the previous 4.
The last injury was a freak accident. Just incredibly unlucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Thelaw wrote:Honestly think Addison is a lost cause - yes KOTH I know you have a mancrush on him- and Luke is the past. I'm sure there must be one or two young centers ready to move up. Look at Humes progress. We need to trust in the kids- if that stupid SA tour goes ahead it's all we will have
Image I maybe do have a bit of man crush on him but I think it’s easy to forget how good he is (not was). Skills, evasion, aggression,running ability, defence…he has it all. I hope to see all that again when he’s back.

Postlewaite will replace Stu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I think you could be right there KOTH watching him play for the U20s --his willingness to ruck was one of his greatest strong points --and essential part of 12 play when supporting an outside centre running with the ball --since the inside centre is one of the first to the breakdown. He is also a fairly physical player when in possession.

I not that sure Luke should be considered a yesterday man -- the fact is he has vision and skills which others lack.

Addison needs a long period of freedom from injury -- but his style of play I fear may deny that to him.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

I must admit I have always seen him as a 15 who can play elsewhere across the backline.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Mads at 12? What is the point in that? Likewise with Carter in any position.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Dave wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:21 am Mads at 12? What is the point in that? Likewise with Carter in any position.
Those were my thoughts too…
Perhaps they fear losing both Stu’s to the
Imbecilic Ridiculous Farcical Union tour of some sh1te teams, so they’ve asked Mads to fill in at 12??
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

Dave wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:21 am Mads at 12? What is the point in that? Likewise with Carter in any position.
I'm guessing but I expect Mads is at 12 to calm down and encourage Flannery at 10 and give the kid a chance to settle into the game - maybe take a bit of the responsibility off him etc. Very much a pre-season friendly tactic and not one you'd have the luxury of trying in a league game.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

CHIEFS TO FACE ULSTER

15 Facundo Cordero 14 Rory O'Loughlin 13 Ian Whitten 12 Solomone Kata 11 Olly Woodburn 10 Harvey Skinner 9 Sam Maunder 1 Alec Hepburn 2 Jack Yeandle (capt) 3 Marcus Street 4 Jack Dunne 5 Jonny Gray 6 Richard Capstick 7 Christ Tshiunza 8 Ollie Leatherbarrow

Replacements
Max Norey James Kenny Harry Williams Patrick Schickerling Rus Tuima Lewis Pearson Jack Maunder Will Becconsall Chester Ribbons

CHIEFS TO FACE CORNISH PIRATES

15 Dan John 14 Arthur Relton 13 Sean O'Brien 12 Tom Wyatt 11 Benjy Joseland 10 Joe Simmonds (capt) 9 Tom Cairns 1 Billy Keast 2 Jack Innard 3 Josh Iosefa-Scott 4 Todd Muil 5 Cory Teague 6 Josh Thorne 7 Ross Vincent 8 Will De-Boehlmer

Replacements
Ollie Burrows Danny Southworth Fin Richardson Jarrard Hayler Orson James Archie Hill Kian Gentry
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Stronger side playing ulster as expected. We might struggle up front in the first half.

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I like their no 7. I bet he has a complex about people always being surprised to see him.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?