Film Review Section *** NEWish ***

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Re: Film Review Section *** NEW ***

Post by fuzzylogic »

Ray, come on. Let's go.

My Brennan let's go. THEY'RE FILMING MIDGETS!!!
Mary had a little lamb . . .
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

OMG, Brilliant! In Bruges, best movie I've seen in YEARS!
white midgets verses black midgets!!! sheer class!
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

darkside lightside wrote:can i just make a pedant's corner entry here, in passing - 'Baise-moi' means 'f@#k me' not 'rape me' (although in the context of this film from what i understand of it, the distinction might be slight..) I haven't seen it or Irreversible, although I love Vincent Kassel and Monica Bellucci (who are a real-life couple I think)

I must agree with fuzzy about In Bruges, I thought it was class, with a good performance even from Farrell (!!!) and probably the funniest racist-dwarf/prostitutes/drugs scene I've ever seen
You are right D/L.I gave the translation as it would apply to this film.

Haven't seen In Bruges.I really have to be convinced it's worth watching a movie with that Class A pain in the ass Colin Farrell with his put on dodgy Dub accent.However so many people are saying how good it is I must get around to watching it.

Edit: I've reached the grade of Squire while having a moan about a wannabe skanger---Oh my.
>TM
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Shan wrote:Haven't seen In Bruges.I really have to be convinced it's worth watching a movie with that Class A pain in the ass Colin Farrell with his put on dodgy Dub accent.However so many people are saying how good it is I must get around to watching it.
Brilliant film shan, my favourite of 2008. Probably mostly because i had never heard of it before sitting down in the Cinema, so i had no pre conceptions. Farrell is quite good in it although the accent is a bit poor, Gleeson is very good. there are 7 people in my office today who have seen it, 7 love it and one hates it, therefore a score of 87.5% from me :)
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by ColinM on Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:05 pm
Farrell is quite good in it although the accent is a bit poor
Done deliberatly for the film, he was supposed to have the typical funny Irish accent that the rest of the world associates with Guinness, Potato's and Leprechauns.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

ColinM wrote:
Shan wrote:Haven't seen In Bruges.I really have to be convinced it's worth watching a movie with that Class A pain in the ass Colin Farrell with his put on dodgy Dub accent.However so many people are saying how good it is I must get around to watching it.
Brilliant film shan, my favourite of 2008. Probably mostly because i had never heard of it before sitting down in the Cinema, so i had no pre conceptions. Farrell is quite good in it although the accent is a bit poor, Gleeson is very good. there are 7 people in my office today who have seen it, 7 love it and one hates it, therefore a score of 87.5% from me :)

There's 7 people in your office who have seen it.All that 7 love it.I demand to know who this 8th person is and why their opinion is being included if they're not working in your office.

Sorry Colin I couldn't resist.I've had a few drinks and am in a funny mood. :drunken:

I like Gleeson.Pretty much everything I've seen him in I have been impressed with his performance.He can do comedic and serious roles in equal measure I think.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

7 plus me Shan. There is one who doesnt like it, and we don't like him to be honest so be warned :twisted:
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Just watched In Bruges.Thanks for the recommendation guys.I really enjoyed it.Some great funny moments and I agree Farrell was actually pretty good in this.As I said previously I think Gleeson is very good.Anyone see "I went down" which is another crime comedy he was in which I really enjoyed? Ralph Fiennes really plays deranged or crazy bast@rds very well I think.
semi mental
Squire

Post by semi mental »

last thing i saw at the movies was 'nick and norah's infinite playlist'. i had fairly high hopes for it, as michael cera has been excellent in everything else i've seen him in (juno, superbad, arrested development).

the film itself is ok, but its not serious enough to be a drama, or funny enough to be a proper comedy. fairly average overall, despite a cracking soundtrack.
'finger puppet' is only ok as a noun.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Superbad was one of the worst films ive ever seen, I walked out of the cinema with about half an hour left.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

fuzzylogic wrote:Superbad was one of the worst films ive ever seen, I walked out of the cinema with about half an hour left.
Same here.. I didn't find any of it funny in the slightest. It's definitely a guy film.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
semi mental
Squire

Post by semi mental »

well to be fair i am a member of the target audience for movies like superbad, ie 16 - 25 year old males. Superbad, knocked up, 40 year old virgin are all fine films imho.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

one of my favourites is Pan’s Labyrinth - absolute classic!
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by semi mental on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:45 pm

well to be fair i am a member of the target audience for movies like superbad, ie 16 - 25 year old males. Superbad, knocked up, 40 year old virgin are all fine films imho.
Im only 21 :lol:

Knocked Up was brilliant and 40year old virgin was pretty funny but just a bit too long.

Have just watched I Am Legend, what a bag of gash that was!
semi mental
Squire

Post by semi mental »

i really dont get everyones obsession with will smith. he has made so many average to poor movies (i am legend, i robot, the pursuit of happyness, wild wild west, hancock, seven pounds) yet everyone loves him.

feelings?