Treviso v Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: Treviso v Ulster

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Well BR, strongish I'd say but then again, I had been expecting BBJ & Fat Nick to be participants & verily thon wud huv bin strong.

We have a bench that wouldn't look out of place for Treviso. :shock:
Good to see Macklin back tho. Whats up with DFitz? :roll:
Worringly light on the bench, apart form the front row... this may not be the breeze we expect...
Exterminate all rational thought
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:Whats up with DFitz? :roll:
Still following return to play protocols following concussion. Hasn't even been training -as per doc's orders. (albeit that may have changed in the past week or so).
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

mmm, concerned about this one. Average pack on paper against an Italian side hurting. I'd expect a close one.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Flat-top
Novice

Post by Flat-top »

Good to see this game being on TV (apologies if already discussed), previous Italian matches not been great coverage, wonder is this the usual BBC crowd or are they just taking an Italian feed?

SUFTUM
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Flat-top wrote:Good to see this game being on TV (apologies if already discussed), previous Italian matches not been great coverage, wonder is this the usual BBC crowd or are they just taking an Italian feed?

SUFTUM
It'll be Italian feed on the red button. So, just the match and Gusher!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Gusher may be doing the wireless in London
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BR wrote:Gusher may be doing the wireless in London
Gusher has a wireloose everywhere.............
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

againstthehead wrote:mmm, concerned about this one. Average pack on paper against an Italian side hurting. I'd expect a close one.
An awful Italian side that are hurting, I don't expect a close one, though admittedly I fear a close one. Anything bit a handsome win against a team stripped to the bone by international calls would be shabby.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Treviso should not be able to live with us in any aspect of the game.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Snipe Watson wrote:Treviso should not be able to live with us in any aspect of the game.
mmm, can't see our pack doing much. Key folk missing in the front row, second row and at 7. If our set-piece can hold up we should be okay but I'd worry about scrum-time. Muller should be able to steady the ship but his leadership skills will be tested. beagle is always questionable when starting but it's an opportunity for him. Ruan never seems comfortable or convincing at 10 for Ulster but he has more skill and quality than the italian side put together. He should be able to kick us to victory. Defensively very solid at 12, 13 and 15 so I can't see the italians scoring too many tries, if any.

All depends on the pack. We haven't played together for a while and there's a few too many changes for my liking. Too often I've seen such an Ulster side play like headless chickens away from home and concede a high error count and penalty count. If we can secure set-piece possession and maintain discipline then I doubt the italians will have much to worry us.

Any news why Williams didn't make it?
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

againstthehead wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Treviso should not be able to live with us in any aspect of the game.
mmm, can't see our pack doing much.
Simple question. How many of their team would make it onto our starting team? The answer is zero. Every decent player that Treviso have is away with Italy. Our bench is not great, but theirs is worse.
For Treviso to stay in this game for more than 60 minutes they need us to play like a drain.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

From a spectacle pov we can only hope they've worked on their defence since last week.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

Todays Belfast Telegraph says that Williams had to return to New Zealand on a personal matter.

Sent from my Nokia Windows phone using Tapatalk
eeyore
Initiate

Post by eeyore »

Snipe Watson wrote:
againstthehead wrote:
mmm, can't see our pack doing much.
Simple question. How many of their team would make it onto our starting team?
One. Their scrumhalf. Given the choice I wouldn't have beagle in our starting team for any match
Wooohooo!! Only donkey left on the board
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

Was it not John Afoa home due to a bereavement and Williams being rested?
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...