Remembering Ruan

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Remembering Ruan

Post by Tender »

My Mrs had eyes which looked like they'd been stitched together with red thread when I got home after Saturday's game (Straight home like a good hubby).
I thought she found my password, but turns out she'd watched Ruan and I quote 'Those big watery puppy dog eyes' as he lost it after the game. She did say the interviewer was a stupid ballix for asking the question 'How do you feel' and after I'd watched it all again, it was a typical amateurish BBC type question and I had to agree with her.
I'm not ashamed to say I shed a tear while watching the recording, but during the game I had Mexican blue dogs left and right of me and I couldn't let them think I was another John Snow( Soft Northin Bastid)
I'd say a fair few still get a bit emotional even now, but the anger felt towards Nucifecker and FIRFU helps.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:Rick Lutton, will also be missed
One performance in 4 years

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Remind me, when was that?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:

Saturday

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

You are right Tender, I'm a saft shyte myself when it comes to this sort of thing, but for now, I'm still looking forward to watching him again in the Barbarians game, don't understand folk (not FOLK) who aren't interested.

Thereafter it'll be full anger mode and I will hate Ireland & the Fuc'king FIRFU until Nucifora dies or hell freezes over, whichever comes sooner. I always thought if I lived long enough to see Ireland beat NZ I would have been overjoyed, as it was I thought they did well, deserved the win but so fuc'king what, Ireland has been ruined for me., no fecks whatsoever.

I have been appalled by UR and their timid acceptance of the situation, they should at the very very least have made a howling roar of disapproval, when casual money making tourist to Dublin Nacewa got another contract. It was the perfect occasion to rear up and demand justice for Pienaar, albeit no doubt he had signed his French contract. It would have been a perfect futile gesture of utter outrage but no, we accept third class citizenship with barely a murmur & a Fit Controller content early in the piece who said, no more can be done. :roll:

Wrong, you might not have won the fight but if you'd thrown yer toys about a bit, next time maybe they would have less willingness to stick you on a spit and roast you like a suckling pig, but no, a wee gurn, then meek acceptance. Well, I suppose a man has to have a healthy respect for where his 30 pieces of silver come from on a monthly basis.

FOLK may be the FIRFU's plant, Fit and others appear to be their poodles.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:

Saturday

Your hole pal, he was ate, bate and spat out by both Mexican LHs. The scrum troubles started when Dave A-F went off.

Fact: when a prop makes one turnover, that does not mean he has "given a performance".
Hapax Legomenon
Novice

Post by Hapax Legomenon »

I have it on strong advice that Bryn fought tooth and nail to keep Ruan where he should be, but Nucibastard was unyielding. Don't know about the others, but I'll go out on a limb and say Logan calved in his normal subservient manner.
There can be only one
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Poor aul Gusher struggled to hold back the tears on Saturday, as did I.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

True legend

True Ulsterman

True gent

We'll always remember you Ryan Pinner :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:True legend

True Ulsterman

True gent

Google translate .......... or bloody autocorrect ? :thumleft:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:True legend

True Ulsterman

True gent

Google translate .......... or bloody autocorrect ? :thumleft:
nah .... just remembering Jimmy Sands.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Hapax Legomenon wrote:I have it on strong advice that Bryn fought tooth and nail to keep Ruan where he should be, but Nucibastard was unyielding. Don't know about the others, but I'll go out on a limb and say Logan calved in his normal subservient manner.
One of the problems with that is Bryn sits below FOLK in the scheme of things so are they really going to listen to a middle manager employee.. This was a time that the bluffer Logan could have made more effort but then the only thing he cares for is RWC 2023 in Ireland.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

I'm hoping he makes a mess of the Wemins version and gets the heave ho
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I wonder what Ruan's autobiography will look like in a few years time. Will he tell all or will he, more than likely, be too gracious to get a lot of stuff off his chest. Of course Roger Wilson's should be out sooner and I doubt that he will mince his words.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2017/050 ... r-peinaar/

Donal keeping in with the FIRFU and talking a load of ballix.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Thanks Donal. :shock:

Anyway, does anyone on here know whether we tried to get any kind of deal, such as a commitment to restrict the number of games ruan played at 9 for us next season, to ensure IQ scrum halves got some decent gametime. We could then have used him as back up 10 in some of the other games in the pro12, in the absence of pj. Surely a better alternative than continuing to muck about with the careers of olding and nelson trying to learn to play 10 at this level? Could have bought us another season to being through mcphillips as a potential back up.