Ulster v Connacht Saturday September 17 7.35pm UK Time Premier Sports / BBC2NI / TG4

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Ulster v Connacht Saturday September 17 7.35pm UK Time Premier Sports / BBC2NI / TG4

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:43 am The turnstyle bros ImageImage
I prefer the speed-bump brothers

A turnstile (sic) slows one down a tad more.

Not something they managed that often.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Connacht Saturday September 17 7.35pm UK Time Premier Sports / BBC2NI / TG4

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Speaking of, what was the attendance on Saturday night? It didn't look like they would of taken much abuse.

11,500 - 12,000 my guess. It was pathetic.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:48 pm Speaking of, what was the attendance on Saturday night? It didn't look like they would of taken much abuse.

Sounds about right. The atmosphere was very flat too. Felt more like a preseason fixture.

Dan and the players are always banging on about the Ravenhill Roar etc it is but in truth those nights have been few and far between this last few years.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

S Moore, Doak, Stewart and M Moore all included in the URC team of the week and Marshall mentioned in despatches
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

big mervyn wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:28 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:48 pm Speaking of, what was the attendance on Saturday night? It didn't look like they would of taken much abuse.

Sounds about right. The atmosphere was very flat too. Felt more like a preseason fixture.

Dan and the players are always banging on about the Ravenhill Roar etc it is but in truth those nights have been few and far between this last few years.
10,858 according to the URC 22/23 Wikipedia page.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Fuel costs and the cost of living crisis will impact the gate. A far chunk of ulster fans travel across the province. Egg chasing is low on the priority for many.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:56 pm Fuel costs and the cost of living crisis will impact the gate. A far chunk of ulster fans travel across the province. Egg chasing is low on the priority for many.
Short sighted. They could have filled up at Go on Grand Parade for 144.9 a litre (source: HWM's petrol price thread) :thumleft:
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Absolutely. I tried several times in vain to get the crowd on the east terrace chanting/singing. After one solo I very loudly shouted, "Oh I give up" and that got a bigger response from those around me, as did, "Join in when you know the words" after trying to simply get "ULSTER, ULSTER!" going. Old joke, but apparently lots of people there who hadn't heard it before!

Crowd weren't interested in supporting on Saturday night - more interested in being entertained.

I know who I blame - Trevor Brennan's stalker!

HWM was absent due to his son getting hitched that day. Son will also be missing for Leinster match - something to do with a hockeymoon or somesuch????

Part time supporters! >#
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:
Dave wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:56 pm Fuel costs and the cost of living crisis will impact the gate. A far chunk of ulster fans travel across the province. Egg chasing is low on the priority for many.
Short sighted. They could have filled up at Go on Grand Parade for 144.9 a litre (source: HWM's petrol price thread) :thumleft:
Not a great source, tbf.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

I don't get that myself, is it their way of being polite and saying thank you?
SUFTUM used to be sang well through until kick off, theres now that eerie gap between the run out and kick off.

The Glasgow game got 10,000 at the start of last season, reckon it's down to people have changed their lifestyle habits as much as anything.

Is there no initiative to offer free tickets to schools for trips just to fill the family stand? Grow your fan base for future generations.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Some people haven't returned since they sacked two players for no reason. Also the band put people off.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:05 pm Some people haven't returned since they sacked two players for no reason. Also the band put people off.
The band are gone praise be. :cheers: There was a lone trumpeter at the Exeter game but not on Saturday
Big Neville Southall
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Hasn’t been the same covid, and if truth be told, it hasn’t recovered since the Jackson/Olding scandal.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

big mervyn wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:58 pm
Dave wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:05 pm Some people haven't returned since they sacked two players for no reason. Also the band put people off.
The band are gone praise be. :cheers: There was a lone trumpeter at the Exeter game but not on Saturday
The trumpeter was decent.

Doesn’t do England’s ‘Barmy Army’ any harm.

Hope they come back, failing which Campbell’s piper would do.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:30 pm
big mervyn wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:58 pm
The trumpeter was decent.

Doesn’t do England’s ‘Barmy Army’ any harm.

Hope they come back, failing which Campbell’s piper would do.
Yeah. The trumpeter was OK mainly because he had an air of spontaneity. The "bands" formulaic forced jollity (invariably at the most inappropriate juncture) I am delighted to see the back of.
Big Neville Southall