Steve Diamond.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Steve Diamond.

Post by browner »

Saracens boss Steve Diamond:
"We'll smash them next week. We're confident of our own ability and we will bounce back at Vicarage Road.

"At half-time we should have been 13-3 up and we let them off the hook there.

"The group will probably now all come down to bonus points, which is a worry for us as we haven't got any."

What a W*****!
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
barney
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by barney »

His first comment is pretty graceless and probably a bit foolhardy.

Can't argue with the second or third points though.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Just the team talk the boys need for next weekend!
Mum
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

Saracens boss Steve Diamond:
"We'll smash them next week.
:roll:

This must signal a quantum leap in his ambition after last night's give it to the ten and hoof it. Don't remember the sarcens wingers even getting sight of the ball except when it was mile high over the grandstand.
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Aye ... they relied on their big and formidable pack last night too but it was the Ulster 8 that took the plaudits and clearly wom the forward contest. But we were let off the hook with the sitters Jackson missed but then again we let them of the hook with poor linout andball control in handling. Them came here not to loose. Next week they will be trying to win. But you are right what a better team talk for the Ulster boys. That is fighting talk. Saracens may need reminding that our away form is now almost as good as our home form. We refuse to lie down and we will quite definitely not be intimidated by this lot anyway. By the end of the game and before they got their players sent off the Ulster pack was getting on top. The reason they had 2 players sent off was becuse they were under that much pressure drastic action was called for. Get fecking into them Ulster and show them whats what.

As an aside did anyone see the flurry on the physio benches?

Colin :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Missed the Physio bench flurry, could it have been caused by Gareth putting his hand to the ball to stop a quick lineout at one stage that raised a few hackles and even angered the TJ :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

It seemed to go on from there alright. There was a bit of pushing and jutting of chests. The fourth official had to call the referee over to hlp sort it as he could not deal with the 5 of them. :P :P But Messrs Robinson and Irwin are a lethal cocktail at the best of times. Will you ever forget Gareth chasing after Stade's Argentinian prop last year at Ravenhill.

Romeo47 Alpha 52
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

No team talk required next week after Diamonds comment.
For all thier possession in the first half against a lack lustre Ulster they showed a serious lack of ambition. Now the onus is on them to chase the game and change the style of play.............can they change, i'm not so sure.
It will be tight next week but i seen nothing last night that we should fear, even Castaignede if Saracens continue to play in that manner,how he puts up with that i'll never know.

ps...............i thought that was Sparkys' best performance for many a year.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

looks like the wee fella has been at the colombian marching powder.

Romeo47 Alpha 52
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

Whatever it was Colin it done the trick. :lol:
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

diamond appears to be bit of a chop by all accounts... there's certainly a few quotes for the dressing room wall next weekend :shock:
ulsterobserver
Novice

Post by ulsterobserver »

saracens played some very negative rugby. I hope whatever referee is involved next week has the balls to call it how he sees it in front of a saracens crowd.
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

The only time Sarrie remotely threatened was when Jackson scored from a horrendous Ulster mistake.
Although they tried to drive us over a couple of times I didn't really see us conceeding.
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

So much for his side coming over here to kick ass :lol: the only ass kicked last night was his own sides :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Joel Jutge to ref next week, another frenchman - but one with a considerable reputation as a ref.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red: