Saracens v Ulster - the return

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

What will the result be come 3pm Saturday?

Saracens bonus point win
6%
Saracens win, Ulster bonus point
3%
Saracens win, no bonus points
3%
Draw
3%
Ulster win, no bonus points
33%
Ulster win, Saracens bonus point
45%
Ulster bonus point win
6%

Total votes: 33

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I went for Ulster win, with bonus point for Sarries, they've been complaining they don't have any bonus points yet, so we should let them have one.

hehe

Its gonna be a cracker. I think Humph is enjoying the game more when he can move out of the more defensive confrontations, this backline strategy of McCall's is really bringing the best out of him. Lets hope the black rain holds off!! :o :o
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

What have i just done??? I've let my heart rule the head and voted for an Ulster win with a bonus point to Sarries. Anyone know where they sell humble pie in Watford??? :oops:

Actually had the head ruled the heart i think i would have went for a Saracens win and a bonus point to Ulster. Right now where's that 'umble pie?
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

i went for ulster win, bp sarries too, and went through the same process of questioning whether my heart or head was talking..

on the one hand, i thought that in the first half we were terrible, turning over time after time, and lacking basic ball skills, yes I know the weather was bad etc etc, but still; even in the second half, unlike some here, I wasn't sure that we were going to win, right until the yellow cards. So despite the fact that we are ballsier and more successful on our travels this year, I was wondering whether we have the professionalism and resources to go away to England and scrap out a victory??

On the other hand, Saracens were absolutely gubbins!! That a team with that amount of ball in the first half, and a fair bit in the second, could literally think of nothing better to do than tonk it hopelessly upfield says something about their resources and ambition.. And Munster away is a much tougher proposition, from which we emerged triumphant..

That said, to go back to the first hand, the fact that we only scragged a tight victory against such a limited side, at home, maybe calls into question our capacity to turn it on when it matters??

But then the weather was crap..

But what if it's like that in london?

And so on..

But nah, we're going to win on Saturday! And we can feed Mr Diamond his (losing) bonus point inside a nicely-warmed slice of humble pie!
rugbymunchkin
Initiate
Location: Between South Belfast and Larne... About ballyclare!

Post by rugbymunchkin »

I'm being optimistic. .. Ulster rock! They're gonna win by miles with Bowe kicking ass, Trimble making defense spliting runs and wee naz playing out of his skin!
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Heart over Head for me...Ulster win, No BP for Sarries. Basically, if we're gonna do it, then we should do it well, leaving no margin for error. Humphs needs to get ALL the kicks, Rory make ALL the lineout throws, MMC and The Plank to make ALL the catches, Trimble et al to make ALL the tackles and miss none, NO Indiscipline, and everyone to score trys...lemme see... it should be Saracens 3, Ulster 115 I reckon!
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

I like your way of thinking there fermain but it may be a touch optimistic :lol:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
ulsterobserver
Novice

Post by ulsterobserver »

I have no doubt that Ulster can win the game, but I have a horrible sinking feeling that the refereeing on the day is going to leave me screaming at the TV. Really hope I'm wrong, mind.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Ulsterobserver - come to Watford and then, instead of screaming that the TV, you can scream at the real thing :lol:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Its my Birthday on Friday - guess what's my Birthday wish!?!? Ulster to win with bonus point.

Before you say that's impossible - Lineout didn't function last week. The Irish players didn't perform until the last quarter and yet we still won. You know what they say about a team that can play badly and still take the points!

Thanks to that nice man from Saracens the lads don't even need a teamtalk! The line-out functions and Saracens are put to the sword - Go forth and marmalise!! C'mon Ulster!!!
large
Novice

Post by large »

Jackie Brown said "I went for Ulster win, with bonus point for Sarries, they've been complaining they don't have any bonus points yet, so we should let them have one. "

Nice one, JB.

Saracens, belive it or not, are capable of playing an expansive game and scoring tries. 16 in our first five league games indicates that. It's just that we've been keeping things tight in order to keep the results coming in.

To be honest, I am not a fan of playing that way and would prefer to see us use Castaignede for attack rather than defence and for Jackson to give it a little more air than boot.

I've been looking at the permutations and nothing short of 5 points for us at the weekend will do if we're to be in contention at the end of Round 6. And if Ulster can beat Biarritz at Ravin' Hill, all the better.

I'm giong for a home win and a bonus point. For no other reason than Sarries HAVE to do that.
Insider
Novice

Post by Insider »

Fermain - I make it Ulster to score 154 if everyone scores and Humphs kicks all his goals, assuming he doesn't kick any penalties.
It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired you quit when the gorilla is tired.
-Robert Strauss
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

aah, I wasn't counting the bench just the starting 15 with a couple of penalties for good measure ...SMARTYPANTS! :P
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Mid-Terrace
Novice

Post by Mid-Terrace »

large wrote:Saracens, belive it or not, are capable of playing an expansive game and scoring tries. 16 in our first five league games indicates that. It's just that we've been keeping things tight in order to keep the results coming in.
With those two wingers?? Must've been plenty of rumbling forwards' tries??
Mine's a pint!
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

To be honest, I am not a fan of playing that way and would prefer to see us use Castaignede for attack rather than defence and for Jackson to give it a little more air than boot.
You certainly have the ability with thse 2 and Bracken. But to be honest if it was my team I would not give a toss if they kept the ball permanently up their jumpers as long as they win. And if Ulster do that I will be mightily happy. No doubt you will too Large if Sarries win. It is points on the board that count.

Colin :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Looks like its going to be a good day on Saturday, well, it'll be very cold, but at the minute looks like it should be dry. BRING IT ON!!!

Gonna Party Like It's 1999