Is Bowe Wallace in disguise??

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Wee Bunz
Novice

Is Bowe Wallace in disguise??

Post by Wee Bunz »

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed Tommys' howlers of late. Is it nerves, inexperience or is he Paddy in disguise???
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

don't think I'd agree with that wee bunz. I know he's dropped a few clangers in his last couple of games but I just watched the two clips from the video section for the first time since the week-end. The first is a real winger's try and he leaves the sarries number 14 without a hope. In the disallowed try he was much closer to successfully off-loading that ball than I realised. :lol:
he's a class player in anyone's book :D
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Wee Bunz
Novice

Post by Wee Bunz »

I believe he's just a little inexperienced, but he could do with brushing up on his ball-handling skills. The thing I like most about Tommy is his elegant running style. He covers a lot of ground in what seems an effortless stride.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

I agree that he is not the finished article but I believe he will be an Irish centre for the next 6/7 years at least. Superb bursts and great threat to any opposing side. I would rather have him with us than against us.

Paddy has on the other hand been consistently disappointing. He has not delivered when given the chance though he has not been given the chances which the coach's comments would suggest he might get, especially and significantly in the listing for the next Ulster A game.

Can I remind even myself that Joey Dunlop was once called Wobbly early in his career? George Best was regarded as too slight in stature.

Asked to choose I would say that Tommy is the greater talent but if Paddy played to a similar standard I would acknowledge it. Actually I hope he does. Nothing would be better than all our players delivering to the best of their ability. And I would hate that we should be later beaten by the exciting new inspirational Leinster and Ireland no 10, Paddy Wallace.

I think we should give him a run after the Heiny to assess how he is doing and then make a sensible decision on the evidence. I don't think one game would be sufficient. On that evidence Boss would be back home.
Sorry if I have converted this to another PW post? Not really!!
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

I like Paddy Wallace! I have seen Paddy play great games, remember against Stade in 2001, when we were beaten...he had a great game, played well, intelligently and tried different ways to open up the backs, then a year later, he starts to miss the highball, and loses confidence. He seems to be a confidence player, but when he's on form, he's as good as any out there. Perhaps he needs some more confidence and game time out of the first team with some wins under his belt to get him going again.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

Can't see TB in the centre to be honest. He was FB for the 21s and I think he may have a future there - but a bit like Murphy needs to improve his defence to make that position his own.
He has made a couple of wayward passes recently (getting his own back for the Autumn internationals :?: :wink: ) but has more than made up for them.
No longer the Celtic League winning coach