Justin Harrison.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Justin Harrison.

Post by browner »

From to-days Irish Indo....................................

Aussie race row returns to haunt bad boy Harrison
Thursday December 22nd 2005
ADVERTISEMENT

click here to enlarge
PU,CAP65JH

David

Kelly

AS IF he wasn't in enough hot water this week, Ulster second-row recruit Justin Harrison has been hauled over the coals by the Australian authorities for failing to comply with the conditions of a sentence doled out for a racial outburst earlier this year.

A Judicial committee granted Harrison an extension until next September to comply with the March orders, having considered his commitments to playing rugby in Ireland.

Harrison was banned for three matches and fined over €10,000 after he admitted making a racial slur at Golden Cats' winger Chumani Booi during a Super 12 game in Johannesburg on March 12. However, the Judicial Committee decided to suspend the punishment of the fine upon on the condition that Harrison completes his offer to attend an anti-discrimination course and serve 30 hours community service delivering anti-vilification workshops to young players.

But Harrison joined Ulster soon after the completion of the Super 12 season where the Waratahs lost 35-25 to the Crusaders in the final.

It means he has not complied with any of the conditions, attended the anti-discrimination course or served his community service.

During the Super 12, following the racial incident in the Cats match, Harrison was again cited for on-field violence - after a bust-up with Highlanders lock Filipo Levi in the game between the Waratahs and the Highlanders on May 1.

Harrison was later cleared, with the judicial committee stating that it "accepted that the pursuit of Levi by Harrison was a reaction to a high level of provocation and mistaken identity".

And Harrison was this week cited for punching during last weekend's ill-tempered Heineken Cup clash against Saracens. Second-row colleague Matt McCullough was also cited and faces a hearing in Glasgow tomorrow night.

Ulster coach Mark McCall will thus delay naming his side for the all-ticket Ravenhill clash with Leinster on St Stephen's Day but he looks likely to name Isaac Boss at scrum-half.

Boss has not started for Ulster since his arrival from Waikato at the end of September but the Irish-qualified player's all-round game has created an impact from the bench and McCall is set to dump Irish international Kieran Campbell from his starting XV.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

and McCall is set to dump Irish international Kieran Campbell from his starting XV.
Don't like the sound of that. :?
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

I don't like the sound of the other piece more. Justin has been a stalwart since he joined the team. And a lot of the other players (esp Matt McC) have grown in stature under his wing. He seems to have put the bad-boy image behind him while he has been playing here.

If I read this right though he has until Sept 2006 to comply so perhaps there is an intention of fitting it in after the end of the season. I do hope so, we can ill afford to lose him. :evil:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

The big man's influence on the pitch has been massive. The way he conducts himself is superb. Just watch him during breaks in play, he is a leader :!:
THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Probably a bit of spare space needing filled in the Indo :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Disco Biscuit
Squire

Re: Justin Harrison.

Post by Disco Biscuit »

browner wrote: Ulster coach Mark McCall will thus delay naming his side for the all-ticket Ravenhill clash with Leinster on St Stephen's Day but he looks likely to name Isaac Boss at scrum-half.
Could somebody please tell me how many year(s) deal Isaac Boss signed at Ulster.