Will the real Stan, Stand up for the Ulstermen and...

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

Tighthead Prod
Novice

Post by Tighthead Prod »

As a fund raiser I suggest the ''proprietors'' of the UAFC Site ''sell tickets'' to whoever wants to watch this thread !!

It's totally amazing but unfortunately - to my mind - some of the main protagonists are actually demeaning themselves by their continued participation. Wise up guys - kids in a nursery school playground would behave with more sense and dignity.

A few months ago the URSC was going to lead Ulster rugby supporters into a Brave New World - If people don't wise up it's going to be oblivion and disgrace.
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

Gary, this goes back to the original problem in which Stanley now claims or people now claim on his behalf that he was not representing the URSC in an official capacity on the Nolan Show despite appearances to the contrary.

The same goes for committee members who come on the forum with an assumed air of representing the URSC as a spokesperson, or even a veneer of officialdom. It is rightly so that they should be challenged as to their status which is why you where asked for clarity as it appeared you where speaking as a committee or ex committee member as it now happens. This should not be confused with people like myself who participate on this forum as members of it, I represent myself and no one else. There is an important distinction to be made here.

We have a poster on this topic who calls himself Stanley, at face value he is Stanley a new member to the forum, others may draw conclusions from his comments but essentially there is an element of trust amongst posters to this forum and others which is in danger of being breached. It would be helpful that committee members identified themselves as speaking as URSC representatives, then there would be no mistake as to the clarity of statements. The dual moniker business on topics such as this one is merely serving to antagonise an already fraught situation.
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Gary
BP hits the nail on the head perfectly.

So back to the question, Why no public announcement? Why if Stanley Graham had to apologise to UR and the committee did he not tender his resignation?
The trouble with referees is that they just don't care which side wins - Tom Canterbury.

Ulster proud sponsors of Comical Eddie! :roll:
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Keep trying lads! Two things;
1, CT is heavily involved in this and as an ex- Committee member like myself, should he not divulge his interest in the matter? BP , I am not representing the Committee , but I think I am entitled to have a say on the matter without having to go through a vetting from you. CT has stirred up the fuss over the Nolan debacle here - strange as he told me he was worried he'd be associated with the affair and wanted a way out - but thankfully only a small no. have fallen for it.

2. DB, I too think the Committee should issue a full explanation of events. There, as far as I know, has only been 1 meeting since the fuss came up and I wasn't at it. As I am no longer on the Committee, I haven't seen the minutes and was not aware of the answers that were sent to your e-mail.
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Gary
I accept that. However that brings me to another point. As Secretary was it not your job to publish the minutes of each meeting the committee have had? Why did this stop in the middle of this year?
The trouble with referees is that they just don't care which side wins - Tom Canterbury.

Ulster proud sponsors of Comical Eddie! :roll:
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

DB, I was not the minutes secretary. However I do not disagree with what you say.
**toots**
Novice

Post by **toots** »

Lads Lads.........

What the hell's been going on here since i departed these shores - please enlighten me!!!!!!

:shock:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

It took something to get you out of the woodwork toots, you may do a bit of reading for a night or 2 :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Gary
Chancellor to the King

Post by Gary »

Toots, you don't wanna know :shock:

The phrase "mountain out of a mole-hill" comes to mind :(
**toots**
Novice

Post by **toots** »

No took a FlyBe flight from Bham to get me outta manky Stoke - Im telling ya that place is the closest thing to Punjab-land you'll ever see Rooster! :x

Ive been reading and it does appear to be a mountain from molehill type senario - still finding it hard to work out what was said by whom and why!

Me thinks some people are taking what started out as a light-hearted, fun supporters club a tad too seriously, but ah well!
Gary
Chancellor to the King

Post by Gary »

Dead right Toots - wish we could all just support the team. Some folks ,however, seem to get a kick out of stirring things up. A bit sad really! :?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

**toots** wrote:No took a FlyBe flight from Bham to get me outta manky Stoke - Im telling ya that place is the closest thing to Punjab-land you'll ever see Rooster! :x

Ive been reading and it does appear to be a mountain from molehill type senario - still finding it hard to work out what was said by whom and why!

Me thinks some people are taking what started out as a light-hearted, fun supporters club a tad too seriously, but ah well!
You have got the general drift of the whole thing then toots :D
If you had asked me I could have told you what Stoke was like :roll: great if you like curry :shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
**toots**
Novice

Post by **toots** »

They obviously have precious little else to do with their time Gary!

Seriously though can we not just drop this whole thing and get back to doing what the UAFC do best - STANDING UP FIR THE ULSTERMEN!! 8)
rugbymunchkin
Initiate
Location: Between South Belfast and Larne... About ballyclare!

Post by rugbymunchkin »

Unlike toots I've been reading the topic since it started... and I'm still none the wiser (understatement of the year :smurfin: ) - hence my complete lack of comments til this point!

Get over it boys - it's starting to get a bit repetitive and "he said" "he did" "he didn't say" "he didn't do" If the URSC have dealt with it (which seems to be the case from my understanding of the posts so far) then perhaps it should be laid to rest here too?!?
**toots**
Novice

Post by **toots** »

Aww tell me about it Rooster they cant half make a good chicken jalfrezi!!

That's pretty much my staple diet at uni as well as Birdeye crispy chicken, great when you come in from a drunken night in the union!!