No statement.

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

BP - catch a grip would you. You claimed, and as far as I know still do so, that Stanley was representing the URSC on the Nolan Radio Show even though you can't produce one iota of evidence that this is true. I don't need to have heard the show to know that he wasn't , as has been confirmed by just about everybody who did hear the show who have said that he never mentioned the URSC. Maybe you heard something different, but I'm happy to listen to the majority rather than you.
Like many others, I find you a bore but am happy just to ignore your ramblings - except when you bring my reputation and that of others into question. Just be careful what you say and I will leave you alone. Spout forth misleading and inaccurate information and I will come down on you like the proverbial ton of bricks. This board belongs to all of us - you clearly can't face criticism or partake in a sensible argument. You try to chase people like Toots and Munchkin away just because you don't like their banter - they do make rather more sense than you do and add more to the craic. Funny how it's always you who are falling out with other posters - does it not make you wonder sometimes?
I'll not respond to any more ridiculous bleatings and ill-informed drivel - unless, of course, you start spinning yarns again.
Bye-bye old bean - gotta go back to the real world with all the nice folk now.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

S'okay YM, I've finished playing with him now. It was far too easy - no fun anymore :D
LMS
Novice

Post by LMS »

Gary
I don't need to have heard the show to know that he wasn't , as has been confirmed by just about everybody who did hear the show who have said that he never mentioned the URSC. Maybe you heard something different, but I'm happy to listen to the majority rather than you.

Transcript
“We did a survey of our supporters on our website”

“Well we only have a thousand members so I suppose it is not too bad from a representative point of view of the Ulster Rugby Supporters’ Club.”

The majotity are wrong or telling porkies. He DID mention the Ulster Rugby Supporters Club.
Gary
Chancellor to the King

Post by Gary »

Strange that nobody else mentioned that - including the BBC who told me they weren't aware there was anyone from the URSC on the programme. Still, there you go!
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

Gary wrote: Just be careful what you say and I will leave you alone. Spout forth misleading and inaccurate information and I will come down on you like the proverbial ton of bricks.
You've already said I made misleading and inaccurate statements so why don't you come down like a ton of bricks, or was that it??

just about everybody who did hear the show who have said that he never mentioned the URSC Really?? Hope we're not going into the semantics of what constitutes the URSC.
**toots**
Novice

Post by **toots** »

Aww seriously ballpark just drop it, enoughs enough! :!: :!:
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

Drop what Toots?
**toots**
Novice

Post by **toots** »

Can all this arguing thing please just stop between everyone - there's no need, so just drop all the Nolan/Stan etc. guff!
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

The Christmas match event was first muted back in August and formed part of the URSC programme of events.

The idea was to hold a private function for URSC members in a marquee at Ravenhill at the Leinster game that was to include pre & post match entertainment. It would also include bar facilities as well as food for those in attendence and was designed to also enable some of the Ulster players to pop in and say a Christmas thank you.

That much was agreed in principle by Ulster Rugby and by October they had confirmed that the marquee used for corportate function would remain up between HEC games and as such was available making a considerable saving to any cost. Indeed without UR assistance the event could not have taken place.

I was unaware that the event had been cancelled as that had not been the case by the committee meeting at the end of November or indeed the middle of December when I resigned. It must have happened after that date indeed I have asked when it was cancelled elsewhere in case I missed something.

The cost of any bar & food facilities was to have been paid by the URSC and indeed the cost would have risen when the match was moved to Boxing Day. However these costings must have come after my resignation on the 13th December as I have no record of any discussion regarding the cost of anything to do with the event.

For the record I handed my responsibility for events over by mid November. I understand that there were one or two members of the committee that had expressed that they couldn't stay after the game and that I accept however I had not been involved in asking for views from any members.

The match attracted a 12,500 attendence and as such should have presented the URSC with its best opportunity to get its membership together for a party atmosphere at a game. It was never designed to go on long after the game this was an assurance that I had given to UR sometime ago.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
LePaul
El Pablo

Post by LePaul »

GARY - MY POSTINGS ON THIS FORUM ARE MY OWN, WRITTEN BY ME, WITH MY OWN THOUGHTS AND FOR THE EXPRESS PURPOSE OF SAYING WHAT MY UNINTELLIGENT MIND THINKS I SHOULD SAY.

THIS APPEARS TO RUN CONTRARY TO YOU WHO, IT WOULD SEEM, ACTS AS AN UNOFFICIAL MOUTHPIECE FOR THE URSC - MR REID AND WHOEVER ELSE YOU FEEL MIGHT GIVE YOU QUARTER.

YOU REFER TO ME, IN YOUR BITCH TO BALLPARK, AS

your mate Le Paul

YOU HAVE STOOPED TO A DEPTH THAT MY DOG WOULDNT MANAGE TO FATHOM. YOU HAVE MADE THIS A PERSONAL MATTER AND THIS RUNS CONTRARY TO THE ENTIRE ETHOS OF THIS, AND EVERY OTHER FORUM, ON THE INTERNET. WHILE I HAVE, AND STILL DO, DISAGREE WITH YOU I HAVE NEVER STOOPED TO THE LOW LIFE LEVEL OF PERSONAL INSULTS. SPEAKS VOLUMES OF YOU GARY. I AM MOST DISAPPOINTED AND TRUST THAT SHOULD YOU BECOME MORE INVOLVED WITH THE URSC OTHER THAN UNOFFICIAL SPOKESPERSON THAT YOU LEARN TO CURB YOUR TONGUE AND YOUR ANGER.

IF YOU HAVE A POINT TO MAKE, MAKE IT ON THE STRENGTH OF YOUR ARGUMENT NOT SOME YELLOW LILLIED LIVER SLAGGING SESSION.

I HAVE WRITTEN THIS IN A SIMILAR FASHION TO THAT WHICH YOU EMPLOYED EARLIER IN THIS THREAD, TO GIVE YOU A TEENY WEENY CHANCE TO COMPREHEND ITS CONTENTS.
Rugby thick and full of Ulster passion
Whats wrong with that then FRU ???
Gary
Chancellor to the King

Post by Gary »

Thanks for your positive and well thought-out contribution to the debate Le Paul. The manner of your post speaks volumes about you.

CT's version of the proposed Xmas event is correct. As I said, the decision was taken after consultation with some members and with reference to the poor attendance at other events. There was a danger that we would only be handing ammunition to UR if only a handful of people turned up. We will never know if that decision was the right one - nor will we know if it was wrong.
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

an event at Ravenhill was bound to have been better supported
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
ballpark
Warrior Chief

Post by ballpark »

I thought the support for the Willie John evening in Madison's was excellent.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Hey Guys Kool it, lets all think of a way forward from this mess, Gary and CT have tried and not through their fault have they failed, they have been pro active and have put a lot more effort in than others, but the past is now the past,lets embrace 2006 and move forward together as one big happy union, let put all this unneccessary bickering and oneupmanship to the side WELL DONE CT WELL DONE GARY.Now lets move on or

I will send in some American peacekeepers then we are rubber ducked!
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Here Kofi anyu chance you could FECK off?
The trouble with referees is that they just don't care which side wins - Tom Canterbury.

Ulster proud sponsors of Comical Eddie! :roll: