Am looking to download...

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Am looking to download...

Post by browner »

...this http://www.movieberry.com/plaza_suite/ from this site and then burn to disc.

I can purchase the film but only in region 1 format but the dvd player is region 2 and has no hack that i can find.

As it's an American site... will the download play on a region 2 player?
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Airfx
Novice

Re: Am looking to download...

Post by Airfx »

That will be ok to download as the format is in an AVI file and not a region format. You could watch it on your computer using Divx or burn to a disc to watch on a DVD player.
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Thank you very very much Airfx.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

Purchasing from the above site isn't what i thought it was.

Can anyone recommend a site where i can download " Plaza Suite" starring Walter Matthau?

I only want this one film as a present...i don't want to join a club.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

I have found a download on i-tunes, if i download to my computer will i-tunes allow me to burn it to disc?
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Video downloads from iTunes are protected by Digital Rights Management so you can't burn them directly to DVD.

If you google something like "burn itunes video to dvd" it comes up with some websites with instructions on how to remove the DRM protection and so the video can be burned to DVD. However I've never done this myself so can't comment on how effective or easy this is....

It seems to involve downloading an applications that can remove the DRM protection, then you'll need another application that can create a DVD from the DRM-free video file. This is not the same as just copying the video to a blank DVD as most DVD players need additional information to play the video.

The other way is the illegal and free route and download the movie from a torrent site. If you google the movie name with "torrent" you should get a number of these and you'll need a bit torrent client to download the file. Torrent downloads are usually in AVI format so like the iTunes route, you'll need a DVD burning application that can create a readable DVD from this file format. I've no particular recommendations for applications but I'm sure someone else should have.

The movie industry doesn't make it easy to obtain films you want in the format you want...
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

Kick me in the balls why don't ya....£7 down the drain. :cry:
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

browner wrote:Kick me in the balls why don't ya....
:lol:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!