Come on Wasp's?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Shem
Novice

Come on Wasp's?

Post by Shem »

Ok, I was sitting on the ERC website there working out who we may play. I think I'm right in saying that its pretty much a given that we're gonna finish 8th. The only way we could rise up to 7th is if Leicester either fail to beat Treviso or don't get the BP, both of which are highley unlikely. So we're 8th, now lets consider the situation at the top, the way things are sitting, we would play Northampton away unless Toulouse win away at Wasp's tomorrow which would leave us having to go to them :thumbdown:

Think I'd rather play away to Northampton than to Toulouse, what's everyone think?
Shem.

Come on Ulster!!!
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Re: Come on Wasp's?

Post by mikerob »

It is Wasps. Not Wasp's.

Ulster can end up 7th if Perpignan only get 4 points or lose against Scarlets in which case if Wasps beat Toulouse, we get Leinster.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Whatever happens I'd rather Ulster go to MK than Toulouse!!!
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Shem - not quite true. We'll only finish 8th if both Leicester (at home to treviso) and Perpignan (at home to the Scarlets) pick up 5 points each. I think the 1st is a given but the Perpignan one is far from a certainty. I think if the Scarlets win, then they would qualify in 8th place, as long as Wasps don't beat Toulouse with a 4 try BP, so they still have plenty to play for. Any result other than a Perpignan 4 try BP win would put us 7th. 7th means we could still end up playing any of Leinster, Northampton or Toulouse. I think it would work that If Toulouse lost to Wasps, then we'd play Leinster, If Toulouse win and score a couple of tries, we'd play them and if they win but score 1 try or less, we'd play Northampton.

If we finish 8th (ie Perpignan and Leicester both win at home with 4 try BP's) then we would end up playing either northamnpton or Toulouse. Northmapton would be our opponents if Wasps beat Toulouse or Toulouse won and scored 1 try or less. If Toulouse win and score 2 tries or more then it's back to Toulouse for a warm welcome....
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Big-al wrote:Whatever happens I'd rather Ulster go to MK than Toulouse!!!
Why? is it a one pub town or something? Only kidding, i know you're talking about cauldrons.

I don't care where we go, i just hope we turn up and get stuck in and express ourselves. I don't want us to turn up as plucky out-siders giving it a lash.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
PS - MK is a dump. N'Hampton is a dump. Toulouse is a nice weekend away with a home team that don't like it up them.
...but unfortunately there is a distinct shortage of teams with the ability to "put it up them". Leinster is the only team that has managed and Toulouse has won all their other home QFs comfortably, never scoring less than 30 points.
Starsky
Initiate

Post by Starsky »

We have a 100% record against them in quarter-finals though :thumleft:
One does not simply walk into Ulster
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Starsky wrote:We have a 100% record against them in quarter-finals though :thumleft:
And we've never lost at the stadium in Toulouse
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

BR wrote:
Starsky wrote:We have a 100% record against them in quarter-finals though :thumleft:
How likely is it they would transfer to the "stadium."
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
isleofwighter
Initiate

Post by isleofwighter »

Northampton we can beat, and Toulouse are not invincible!

Watched Stade give them a complete hoofing two weeks ago during which Toulouse folded mentally. Stade boys played a very canny game during which they patted the Toulouse players almost sympathetically after smashing them in tackles. This patronising behaviour really rattled Toulouse and they promptly lost focus.

Now, I'm not suggesting for one second that the Ulster lads indulge in a spot of playful bum touching, BUT, if it means rattling our sensitive Gallic chums in order to get a semi final spot ????????? >TB
dcpete
Novice

Post by dcpete »

Still an outside chance of a quarter final against Leinster at the Aviva if Wasps beat Toulouse by >7 and Perpignan don't pick up a bonus point win.
Would be awesome!
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

dcpete wrote:Still an outside chance of a quarter final against Leinster at the Aviva if Wasps beat Toulouse by >7 and Perpignan don't pick up a bonus point win.
Would be awesome!
yes and we'd be entitled to 12500 tickets :cheers: works out around 2 per season ticket holder :lol: :lol: :lol:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Forget that lads, after the first games we will be 8th spot so Wasps will only decide if its Northampton or Toulouse.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

dcpete wrote:Still an outside chance of a quarter final against Leinster at the Aviva if Wasps beat Toulouse by >7 and Perpignan don't pick up a bonus point win.
Would be awesome!
We could just stay the week and go to the magners game too. :drunken:
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

browner wrote:
BR wrote:
How likely is it they would transfer to the "stadium."

I'd have thought nigh on 100%. Have they played any qfs at sept deniers since the stadium was rebuilt?
www.stoutboys.co.uk