Little birdy told me

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Well said Paul - there are others too who never hid their true identity!

DB wrote
"Either way the man's a liar. For either he is KA and therefore knows nothing about Ulster rugby or indeed he is not KA and does know something about UR. But one way or another he can not be relied upon for honesty. What do you think TOK?"

Does he mean ME???
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

jamesie wrote: who's off to froggies then?

paddy
as CT likes to remind us (early and often :D ) Paddy's still contracted for another few years.
So assuming (and yes I know what that means) that Humph signs an extension, where does that leave Paddy?
While away more years in the AIL collecting a nice wee sum or move on looking for first grade rugby. Depends what he's up for I suppose.

But look at the players who've left this season (Ireland as a whole) - Quinlan, Mallon, Reddan, Bracken, Cullen, Jennings, Humphreys, McCullen, Dillon
and previously - Staunton, Duffy, O'Connor

mostly younger players not established at one of the 'big three' or established at Connacht and not given a chance at the 'big three'.

So I'd expect some of the fringe, maybe even development players to be the ones moving on
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

The problem is England realise we have a wealthof talent coming through and are tapping inot it because we can't get the players a high enough level of games. Sure look at our backrow 5 guys all under 26 likely to get the five contracts next year, yet we have Pollock and Falloon both coming through as well.

The end of this season is going to see a huge overhaul in the squad, likely to be on the way out is:

Maggs
Howe
Topping
Stewart
Bell
Spee
Moore
Frost
Feather

Coming In:

Marshall - replace Spee
Caldwell - Replace Frost
Ferris - Replace Feather

Possible movers:

Larkin
S. Young
Humph? - still not convinced he may try his hand at super 14
Paddy - Has been told he can go

Then development contract players or fringe players e.g. Maxy who have undoubted potential but won't get a chance.

As you can see the sum's don't add up we have alot more likely to be going out than coming in.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

by the way rooster very close very

No one reading these posts fully then.

when not too busy with world poverty and the "barrymore/jodie" conflict one trys to get to the Stadium of Light which is Ravers to watch my beloved Ulster. I will be there to night arriving at Newtownards airporto to be picked up by my good friend the CEO who wishes to discuss a few problems that he has and how best to deal with them(surgical strike) was a phrase used quite often.along with "why are they all out to get me" and "i have a mole ya know"
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

pwrmoore wrote: very few people are who their name suggests DB ( I'm one of the rare few) I'm surprised that it has taken you so long to realise that Kofi Annan on this MB probably isn't the same person who is president of the UN (or am I :lol: ).
I should, of course, have written "Secretary General of the UN"
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

thankyou a title means so much
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

FB- Paddy is still contracted to us long term but you have beat me to that one. However the name has been mentioned and I do not see Trimble leaving these shores just yet.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

You said I was very close Kofi, the Maggs thought was a joke btw. On a serious note could we possibly be losing Steiner as his contract is up I think this year or did he sign a 2 year one last year :?
Or could Dinger and Maggs be starting as barmen in Trevor Brennans pub :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I'm almost certain that Steiner signed a 2 year one at the end of last season!
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

would certainly be very disappointed to see Steiner leave Ravenhill - he has been a key player for the past few seasons :evil:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

still talking wrong one
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Ok will i just spell it out..................or do you want a clue (such fun)
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

Steiner also got married to a local lass.........not sure if that makes him more likely to stay
My understanding was that he's in the first of a two year deal.

go on Kofi....give us a clue
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

That was my understanding too, Freddie.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

FB did steiner not get married to a fellow kiwi is she not an international hockey player maybe wrong? for god sake it is Maggs he was referring to.