Mexicans

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Mexicans

Post by BaggyTrousers »

This will sound bitter but I really don't care. The mexicans confirmed last night why in general I don't like them. Normally you get a good bit of craic at Heineken finals. Last night almost none however I had the great pleasure of seeing an all-Mexican fight in which two guys came to blows with one getting an inch long gash under his eye and roughly 20 loud mouthed Mexicans shouting vicious abuse in the foulest terms. They had just made it 30 yards out of the stadium and we were waiting for a taxi at a bus stop & had a young lady join us for protection. She was a local who will have a fine opinion. Of Irish fans.

Went to Richmond and only spoke to one set of Mexico fans all night who wanted to do antthing but gloat. I 'ce never understood the apparent like of Mexicans over Turnipstnis on this forum and last night had my own preference confirmed big time. A bunch of meanspirited bandwagoning Dubs by and large though hopefully many of you met a better side of Mexico.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Re: Mexicans

Post by Big-al »

Dubs are like that.

Much like the city slickers up here. :duck: :compress:
isleofwighter
Initiate

Post by isleofwighter »

Leinster fans sitting behind us were perfectly civilized, however I personally didn't feel the warmth and all round good natured fun we enjoyed with the Munster fans down in Limerick. >TH

Maybe Im biased because Munster has always been my second favourite team, but constant success can at times breed a little bit of arrogance, and maybe the "Man Utd" effect is rubbing off on Leinster a little?

That said, I didn't meet any Leinster fans who were rude or offensive.

Did see 4 middle class English blokes fighting outside the Stoop. Well, when I say fighting, it was more feeble grappling with a few windmills and a couple of powder puffs thrown in for good measure. Hysterical! :lol:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

isleofwighter wrote:Leinster fans sitting behind us were perfectly civilized, however I personally didn't feel the warmth and all round good natured fun we enjoyed with the Munster fans down in Limerick. >TH

Maybe Im biased because Munster has always been my second favourite team, but constant success can at times breed a little bit of arrogance, and maybe the "Man Utd" effect is rubbing off on Leinster a little?

Did see 4 middle class English blokes fighting outside the Stoop. Well, when I say fighting, it was more feeble grappling with a few windmills and a couple of powder puffs thrown in for good measure. Hysterical! :lol:
No I'm sure there was not wholesale Mexican scrapping & as for you englishmen are you sure it wasn't 4 corner boys made good or Apprentice candidates :roll:

I am certain the vast majority of bandwagoning Mexicans were reasonably civilised just not great company :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Im not for gloating constantly Baggy, but if you where them would you not say a few words about sucess? I certainly would, but I wouldn't gloat constantly, and I'd imagine I'd give credit to the opposition too.

there are some that will constantly brag and other who say a few words but to be fair to them, however much they gloat, you can't blame them, the Leinster team now is definitely the best professional club team, ever. I'm sure if Ulster were winning cups like that there would be those up here bragging and not a word said.
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Re: Mexicans

Post by Jackie Brown »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
isleofwighter wrote:Leinster fans sitting behind us were perfectly civilized, however I personally didn't feel the warmth and all round good natured fun we enjoyed with the Munster fans down in Limerick. >TH

No I'm sure there was not wholesale Mexican scrapping & as for you englishmen are you sure it wasn't 4 corner boys made good or Apprentice candidates :roll:

I am certain the vast majority of bandwagoning Mexicans were reasonably civilised just not great company :roll:
In fairness Baggy there were a lot of bandwagon Ulster support who had never graced Ravenhill before.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

For the most part I found them to be good craic and respectful to Ulster per match, and gracious winners after.

We did however have one tw@ in front of USAF the match constantly whining 'why can't they sit down for the Ulster men'. Such a shame I 'accidently' spilled beer on his head when Tuohy crossed the line :-)

On the same lines, did no one se thin there was an awful lot of Mexicans in the UR seats??
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

With all fans, ye get a mixture. We gather up a few buck-ejits when we advance to the final stages too. I saw plenty of white shirted louts in Dublin after the semi and a few red shirted ones in Limerick after the quarter.
Give idiots who can't handle their beer 5 hours of drinking time before the match and there will be enough of them airlocked for anything to happen.
We had great craic with the mexicans and the few turnips who were knocking around yesterday. You're always going to get a few morons.....that's a simple fact.
TriGav
Novice

Post by TriGav »

There was some smugness but generally I found the Leinster fans to be exceptionally gracious and right good craic but then I have never subscribed to this notion of bullet headed Dubs.

Mind you the four directly in front of us at the game (raising again the question of Leinster in middle of UR season ticket block) were tipping beyond smug and had the temerity to say that my informed disagreement with some of the refereeing decisions was off base.
Please do not distrurb Mr Pienaar - he is operating in his bubble of calm
Bostonteax_50
Novice

Post by Bostonteax_50 »

Didn't feel any warmth from them myself I must say. My best conversation was with Munster folk.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I spoke with many Mexicans both before, during and after the game and I found all but one to be more than gracious. The one in question was only a minor irratation with her constant moving up and down ( she seemed to have 3 seats in different parts of the Ulster section) Otherwise good crack particularly before the game on a vast array of subjects and at no time was there anything other than craic.

I have mentioned elsewhere and it has been mentioned here already but I was gobsmacked at the mumber of Ulster section seats occupied by leinster fanfs. I had 6-8 in the row behind me and another four in the row in front and the wandering gypo who ran up and down trying to stir the tom kite where they could.

Again came across many non rugby fans but they have as much entitlement to be there as anyone but apart from the result and the performance which unlike many here i felt was well short of a final I had a good day.

Was surprised how many Mexicans thought we could be back again next year I made the most of yesterday as I did in 1999
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

I was outside the Turks Head pub in St Margarets for a good stretch after the match. Until it got cold and the CL final called me in.
We mixed well with the Ulster fans. I saw nothing but good relations and no triumphalism, which is what you expect from rugby people.
There was general agreement that Leinster has the good fortune to have the best team around for now. We will enjoy it while it lasts. In a few years, it will be the turn of other clubs, hopefully including your goodselves. Thanks for giving us a great game!
montjeu8
Novice

Post by montjeu8 »

As regards Leinster fans in 'Ulster' seats, that suggests season ticket holders selling on ebay and the like surely?

I found the Leinster fans we met to be pleasant enough. What I found totally objectionable was Ulster 'fans' shaming themselves such as the middle aged, grey haired w@nker who, despite the protests of his daughter and within two minutes of the stadium, walked through somebody's front gate and proceeded to urinate in their garden.
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

I had the pleasure of a 3 hour car journey with the least gracious Mexican about. He got very close to being dropped off at the side of the M1.
philelwood
Novice

Post by philelwood »

The last encounter I had with a few was at last years semi final in the pro 12. Sitting amongst the D4 stronghold we were letting rip and cheering on Ulster only to hear a couple of guys behind us starting their crap by saying break who's legs to us?! Now never has anyone ever shouted this in any game anywhere which these lads were looking for some trouble. I turned round all 6ft 5inch /19.5 stones and told them to wind their necks in and nobody said that. They kept it goin for a while which wasn't banter and I had enough and ripped them apart verbally and told them if they didn't shut it then I would end up breaking their legs! I wasn't gonna listen to these ladyboys all match. TBH im not a fan of Leinster in anyway regardless of their fantastic rugby and that's even with family and friends living in Dublin!